Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alicia Is the actual drop track section of the building going to be pitch black? Looking at the photos from bio, they've built a very tight steel cage around the two drop holes that are way too tight for anything other than a mural or something. I assume the space between the cage and the wall of the building will be for evacuation.
It will be tight, or rather, it will get tighter and tighter as we get deeper into the Devils Snare. That should create an effect of us being trapped by it. Dark lighting, and I’m guessing some light flashes and a voice cue to let us know we’re being saved before we drop. But I don’t expect to encounter anything in there other than rockwork/tree shaped walls with lots and lots of vines all around. No characters I’m betting. Just vines, effects, and sound.

Quick photo update from my visit yesterday: Harry Potter Coaster Construction Update at Islands of Adventure – Forbidden Forest Grows and Hut Appears – Orlando ParkStop

DSC00040.jpg

I may complain about the trees, but the area looks much better now with them.

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

Very hard to see much through all the new trees...

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00075.jpg
I really hope that cheapo Dragon Challenge entrance gets replaced by something a bit better.

I would like them to open it up with a great view on the whole area. With the forest, lake, ruin and probably mountain in the back ant the coaster trains zipping trough it, it will look pretty for people who are not able or too scared to do the ride.
The retaining wall looks to be staying. Just the entrance arch entry is being re-done as far as I can tell.

I hope it's something more inviting and eye catching. When I visited Hogsmeade for the first time I was interested in the changes made to Dueling Dragons for Potter and it took me a moment to figure out that the bland arch must the the entrance. It was definitely foreshadowing of the horrors that awaited me inside the castle.

I would like them to open it up with a great view on the whole area. With the forest, lake, ruin and probably mountain in the back ant the coaster trains zipping trough it, it will look pretty for people who are not able or too scared to do the ride.
I’ve always felt that when it comes to the Black Lake IoA’s central lagoon is kind of meant as a stand in. The way everything is oriented would put it in the right location too when relating to Hogwarts.

I know I've said this before but I'm so freckin excited! Like, open already! This would be embarrassing to confess perhaps to any other group of people but I literally dreamt about this ride last night... Sorry, is that overkill? :grin:

When do you guys think proper concept art will be coming out for this attraction?

I know I've said this before but I'm so freckin excited! Like, open already! This would be embarrassing to confess perhaps to any other group of people but I literally dreamt about this ride last night... Sorry, is that overkill? :grin:

When do you guys think proper concept art will be coming out for this attraction?
I totally did that for Gringotts a year before it opened, and even predicted the spinning feeling at the end in my dream!

Early next year they’ll release art with the name we hope. Maybe January/February.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.