Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tower
HRRC
Hulk
Dragon Challenge
Everest
Ripsaw Falls
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
JPRA
Dinosaur
Spiderman
Star Tours
Kong

That's interesting you rank Tower above everything else. This is my order which I probably should have done in the original post:

Dragon Challenge
Hulk
HRRC
Tower
Ripsaw Falls
JPRA
Everest
Space Mountain
Dinosaur
Spiderman
Star Tours
Splash Mountain
Kong

I no like dropping. I avoid FEA and Pirates cuz of their drops (not always, but I'd rather do something else instead given equal wait times.)

So ToT is the one I really avoid. JPRA ranks lower than others because it has just the one drop.

I feel more secure in inverted coasters so I'd ride them before a traditional coaster.

I no like dropping. I avoid FEA and Pirates cuz of their drops (not always, but I'd rather do something else instead given equal wait times.)

So ToT is the one I really avoid. JPRA ranks lower than others because it has just the one drop.

I feel more secure in inverted coasters so I'd ride them before a traditional coaster.

well there is always the train for you to ride.

I'm fine on journey. But I can see how many others wouldn't be. So that's where my compassion stems from. Imagine if you loved Potter but walked in and couldn't do anything but the train.
Exactly. Potter is so popular across all ages having a giant steel coaster with a large height requirement is stupid IMO. Make more rides for the IP reach a broader audience.

A big part of this is going to be how it's packaged. I went on Tower of Terror when it first opened without seat belts and just a lap bar when I was 4 and it scared the crap out of me but I see kids having the time of their lives on it so it's different strokes for different folks. Out of interest I'm going to list a few rides and I'm curious to see how people would rank them in terms of thrills and intensity (Not which is best):

Tower of Terror
Dinosaur
Space mountain
Everest
Star Tours
Splash Mountain
HRRC
Spider-Man
Kong
Hulk
Dragon Challenge
Ripsaw Falls
JPRA
If you're going to put a simulator like Star Tours on this list then I think Flight of Passage should be on there too.

Smart business suggests that you build something that most people can enjoy. That's how you sell more tickets and fill hotel rooms and serve overpriced food.
Yep, and a 10,000 room portfolio just over the horizon, the thrill curve has to shift more to the middle.

So, all of those upcoming rooms also mean Uni will be pushing for a longer length of stay. That means there has to be a broader nighttime offering to keep folks on site. CityWalk can't handle all of the increase and 4th gate(s) is later on the planning board than the additional rooms footprint.

My question is: with all of that land DC covers, Hollywood already getting the Castle projection show, the Xmas Show coming this year to ORL, and we know viewing is going to be tight - what/how within the Potter Universe (incl Forbidden Forest) to tie all that together, open things up for WWoHP crowd flow and hopefully get us a solid E-Ticket and an extended nighttime and holidays experience/shows ...?

That probably also goes for the USF Project and what it can bring in that area. At some point, they have to move this way at the 10k room level, you would think.

If you're going to put a simulator like Star Tours on this list then I think Flight of Passage should be on there too.

I've yet to ride it. I did consider putting Soarin' which I imagine could maybe make people uncomfortable.

Now that I think about it, I'd probably put Misison Space as the most intense ride in Orlando just ahead of Manta.

Just outta curiousity - what exactly is the pushback here?

It's a thrilling, family, coaster experience.

This seems more about losing a coaster more than anything.
People want IOA to be a thrill park and removing Dragon Challenge for a non-exposed, indoor, themed family coaster doesn't fit into that narrative apparently.

From what i've gathered, anyway. ;)

If you are a coaster person, this is a downgrade. "family thrills" is not for everyone. Some people want to be turned upside down, thrown about in the air and at high speeds. Think of it this way, if Cedar point were to announce they were taking out Millennium Force for a family ride, people might burn the park to the ground. Hell you could tell people that they were putting FJ in for MF and people would still be mad. Whether or not the new Potter ride will be better for the park isn't really relevant. Some people will always prefer a real coaster.

Reactions: Cheezbat

I'm not bothered about DC leaving. I think it died the day it stopped duelling and I'll happily take any replacement. I don't expect something similar to DC but I would like at least a Mummy type thrill if we're possibly getting two Potter attractions.

Reactions: Clive and Joel
If you are a coaster person, this is a downgrade. "family thrills" is not for everyone. Some people want to be turned upside down, thrown about in the air and at high speeds. Think of it this way, if Cedar point were to announce they were taking out Millennium Force for a family ride, people might burn the park to the ground. Hell you could tell people that they were putting FJ in for MF and people would still be mad. Whether or not the new Potter ride will be better for the park isn't really relevant. Some people will always prefer a real coaster.

Oh, I'm aware. But this isn't Cedar Point or Six Flags.

Oh, I'm aware. But this isn't Cedar Point or Six Flags.
When IOA opened with Dueling Dragons and The Incredible Hulk, Universal established itself as a Hybrid park with Disney style immersive theming AND big steel. That is what set them apart from Disney.

They seem to be backing off the big steel part of that. Sad.

I personally like big steel in my theme parks. I've played "Who can spot the coasters first" game driving to the parks since the '70s.

Last edited:
I hate the notion that "Universal should have more family friendly attractions" somehow means "Universal should build boring slow moving omnimovers." It's such a strawman argument; literally nobody's saying that Universal needs to become a stroller park full of slow attractions, but a better balance of high speeds thrilling and calmer, family experiences would help the park infinitely IMO.

My mom isn't especially old and doesn't have health problems, but because "thrilling" experiences can give her motion sickness, the only rides she can do at IOA are Skull Island, JPRA, Hipogriff, and the Seuss ones. So... two e-tickets and some flat rides. Imo, Universal needs more attractions that appeal to people who CAN'T do thrill rides full of drops/turns/etc. I'm not saying I'm not excited for the coaster, but some sort of atmospheric, detailed Forbidden Forest attraction that's longer than 4 minutes long would've been perfect for this plot and would have rounded out Hogsmeade and IOA so well.

When IOA opened with Dueling Dragons and The Incredible Hulk, Universal established itself as a Hybrid park with Disney style immersive theming AND big steel. That is what set them apart from Disney.

They seem to be backing off the big steel part of that. Sad.

I personally like big steel in my theme parks. I've played "Who can spot the coasters first" game driving to the parks since the '70s.

Well I mean when I see this every summer it's a little hard to be impressed in Orlando. ;)

Co3gv2IWIAAu1nG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.