Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 391 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not 100% sure it’s even an abbey. It definitely fits the architectural look of known abbeys. My conclusion to tintern was the fact that “the ruins” or “the ruins of dean forest” happen to be what they call tintern abbey, or so I believe. And the fact that it was used in filming for Harry Potter was very strange and ironic as well. For all we know it could be hagrids new mansion and the little shack could be wear he parks his motorcycle

Do you need to find a golden snitch?
Found and starting to worry. :ack:
Snitch_Quad_AW2-1024x767.jpg

Well, while we weren’t looking, it appears they are laying on some kind of stonework... the peak area appears like a prefabbed fabric that hints of rotting weathered stone. Lower down on the corner they have applied the large stone block theming but I cannot tell how that was executed.

I don’t think that’s stonework, seems to me that it’s tar paper of some sort. Stonework should come next and remains to be seen if it’s prefabbed or shot in place. The beige color is the primer/paint they applied after they finished the DensGlass (yellow boards)

Yes, perhaps that is what we are seeing. You know me, I see something new and start bouncing up and down in my chair! :)
I do know and waiting for this rockwork to start is like watching paint dry seems to take forever. Do you think it will be prefabricated or sculpted in place?

I do know and waiting for this rockwork to start is like watching paint dry seems to take forever. Do you think it will be prefabricated or sculpted in place?

I have no idea but I am hoping for hand sculpted. What is interesting to me is that in the past, we have seen them seal the dens glass with a roll on sealant that is blue-green. That isn’t happening here and I wonder if they have a newer trick or they are using an older tried and true method that is similar to the 1998 construction of DD.

Reactions: Ryno27
I had noticed that as well that’s what is throwing me off as to the process they are taking for this building. If I was a betting man I would say hand sculpted is what they will end up doing. Very fascinating watching all this construction from concept to reality and the processes and techniques they use.

I have no idea but I am hoping for hand sculpted. What is interesting to me is that in the past, we have seen them seal the dens glass with a roll on sealant that is blue-green. That isn’t happening here and I wonder if they have a newer trick or they are using an older tried and true method that is similar to the 1998 construction of DD.
In the end prefab is also hand sculptured once. For buildings like this it would be a great copy past job but I think it depends if Universal thinks this ride will see a copy in one of their other park. Prefab would be easier to re-order.

Beijing is the only other Universal park that will have the space required for this attraction (6-8 acres)
I find it funny how for both Disney and Universal only their Florida Parks will have brand new clones shared with their latest Chinese parks. Makes it feel special :)

Reactions: Mad Dog
The FL parks are their flagship resorts luckily

I know that WDW is supposed to be the flagship but it seems like Disneyland gets all the cool toys. I know that it is being rectified but even MMRR is now being considered for a cloning in Disneyland.

However, UNI/IOA are definitely the better parks from what I can tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol and HPFred
Status
Not open for further replies.