Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any idea what the abbey area is besides just a break run? That seems like a long stretch of track to just be moving along slowly after the ride ends. I guess for multiple trains to wait on but I wonder if we'll get a couple show scenes there? At least one where others have already pointed out.

I almost thought this was going to be a new station and the interior castle becoming a part of the show but then I remembered we'd already seen inside of it during early construction.

Regardless, this looks like it's going to be one of my favorite roller coasters in Orlando! The Mummy finally getting a run for its money.

Does the track coming out of the Abbey (before the drop) look like it's on a hard angle? I was just watching Midway Mayhem's new video and they have an up close shot of the exit drop...

Is it possible that the area needs to be fairly clear at the moment for vehicles and porta-pottys that it could be going up last once the abbey is complete? I really cant see that being just an open track.

Every day that passes without any sign of construction around the dead-end spike makes me sad. It really looks like the that enclosure was cut from the plans at this point.
That is a bit dramatic and a lot of sadness.
I think they shove it, like the prefab Hogwarts, as a fleshlight over the spike one day before the opening and it will look stunning.

Every day that passes without any sign of construction around the dead-end spike makes me sad. It really looks like the that enclosure was cut from the plans at this point.
It wasn't.
Is it possible that the area needs to be fairly clear at the moment for vehicles and porta-pottys that it could be going up last once the abbey is complete? I really cant see that being just an open track.
Probably. Access for vehicles will be blocked by the cave structure to center of area for sure. Their temporary bridge across the track before the spike looks to be part of the structure that will be finished later already.
That is a bit dramatic and a lot of sadness.
I think they shove it, like the prefab Hogwarts, as a fleshlight over the spike one day before the opening and it will look stunning.
A little more graphic than I was gonna put it, but yea, prefab rockwork has already been spotted at the southern site, waiting for its time to be installed.

So what is/was it supposed to be enclosed with? Can we get a full sentence on the is/was question?
Concrete, like the one slab already running across the track before the spike that's there now, covering entire spike. And then rockwork facade around the structure to disguise it.

Also, more rockwork in the middle of the area, where that row of port-a-potties is now, to hide Fluffy from view.

EDIT: Pretty much every structure that's coming is already in place, or in the process of being themed, except for these. Pretty much.

It wasn't.

Probably. Access for vehicles will be blocked by the cave structure to center of area for sure. Their temporary bridge across the track before the spike looks to be part of the structure that will be finished later already.

A little more graphic than I was gonna put it, but yea, prefab rockwork has already been spotted at the southern site, waiting for its time to be installed.

This is awesome news. Thanks for the confirmation. A lot of work still to go for sure.

Concrete, like the one slab already running across the track before the spike that's there now, covering entire spike. And then rockwork facade around the structure to disguise it.

Also, more rockwork in the middle of the area, where that row of port-a-potties is now, to hide Fluffy from view.

EDIT: Pretty much every structure that's coming is already in place, or in the process of being themed, except for these. Pretty much.

There’s still plenty of time before opening and given that it’s near the entrance to the site it makes sense to do it last.

View attachment 8429
Looks like Holovis is doing preshows/ride scenes on this project. They the preshow for Wicker Man, Flying Aces, Mystic Timbers, and a few other rides. Should be interesting to see what they pull off for this.
Do they do the musion stuff? Heard that may be in the queue/preshow. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see one for Hagrid or Arthur Weasley saving us from the Devil’s Snare.

Status
Not open for further replies.