Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the SFX coaster a little too similar to Gringotts for another Potter ride though?

Depending on how it's executed, I would disagree by a large amount. It just depends on if they would go and use all of the elements from the SFX model's potential.

Maybe some HHN news. Maybe. I doubt it though. Universal would've made more blog posts today to try and maximize the news cycle.

That, I would disagree on.

Wow, who coulda seen that one coming?

Right outta the blue. I am totally surprised.
And lets give credit where credit is due. Once again, the Insider Info on Inside Universal, and it's former incarnation, proves far ahead of the curve (and the competition). Dave (Disneyhead) :cheers::thumbsup:has been filling us in on this info for quite a while, either through clues or the actual info:thumbsup: :cheers:. There were doubters out there, but those doubts have now been officially alleviated. I'd also like to give credit to Jungle Skip:thumbsup::cheers:, who earlier said he had heard some rumors of something happening in that area of the park.....I don't think we should shortchange the effect of this happening. I'm sure there will be more to the expansion than just the one attraction, be it some accompanying buildings (stores, food etc.). This will be "big" in the Potter community, especially after a 5 year wait since Diagon when this opens in 2019. It's great timing by Universal. There will be throngs of tourists visiting Universal and Disney in 2019, and I'm convinced both parks will receive very significant boosts in attendance from the two strongest IP's in the theme park world. There's going to be lots of split vacations, no doubt.:thumbsup::cheers::):clap:

Last edited:
Been working and missed this. It's about time it was announced, now to find out what it will actually be.

Wonder when the pre-Nintendo USF project is announced... :look:
Where would a Pre-Nintendo USF project even go? Only places I can think of in the park would be T2, Mummy, MIB or Shrek (doubt Shrek is big enough for anything significant tho).

Where would a Pre-Nintendo USF project even go? Only places I can think of in the park would be T2, Mummy, MIB or Shrek (doubt Shrek is big enough for anything significant tho).

I doubt it would be significant if it's going to happen before Nintendo.

They could do something to Shrek, but that would probably mean that they would have to extend the building.

If I was to guess, Mummy may be a good ride to look at.

Fear Factor Also.
Does T2 even have enough room for something that wouldn't be close to Fallon in size/scope? Same with Shrek.

MiB and Mummy are too awesome to go IMO- just give them the proper refurb they deserve and they're good another decade.
T2, Shrek and FF are the only things that need addressed in the entire park sans Nintendo. If we make at least 2 of those 3 practical attractions- we're in heaven.

Maybe we'll get Ministry of Magic to replace FF in addition to getting the great hall and black lake- all by 2019.
Take that Star Wars :tongue::dance::tongue:

Fear Factor Also.
Does T2 even have enough room for something that wouldn't be close to Fallon in size/scope? Same with Shrek.

MiB and Mummy are too awesome to go IMO- just give them the proper refurb they deserve and they're good another decade.
T2, Shrek and FF are the only things that need addressed in the entire park sans Nintendo. If we make at least 2 of those 3 practical attractions- we're in heaven.

Maybe we'll get Ministry of Magic to replace FF in addition to getting the great hall and black lake- all by 2019. :tongue::dance::tongue:

T2 is almost about an acre.

And if they wanted to expand beyond that, there's plenty of expendable backstage room around the show building back there.

Yep, and if they aren't going to use that MIB Expansion pad anytime soon; you can easily relocate what's behind T2 to over there, similar to what I would assume has happened for the Parade Building, as I doubt that the one next to Kidzone will last much longer.

That said, perhaps we can create a separate thread of speculation for that, to not clutter this thread?

One of our prominent posters recently insinuated that Fear Factor would be disappearing soon. Perhaps that's the location, especially since the Potter redo of DC area probably makes Ministry of Magic in the FF spot a moot point.

This is welcome news & further Harry Potter expansion should be celebrated, as it's UCs finest work....but I worry that if investment is heading here, there's several other Islands already looking very dated. What about them?

Yep, and if they aren't going to use that MIB Expansion pad anytime soon; you can easily relocate what's behind T2 to over there, similar to what I would assume has happened for the Parade Building, as I doubt that the one next to Kidzone will last much longer.

That said, perhaps we can create a separate thread of speculation for that, to not clutter this thread?
I assume that the current parade barn lasts through this holiday season since they normally run Macy's out of there.

Of course, I suppose they could move Macy's this year, but seeing as the barn will be used for HHN, I just assume they'd do Macy's from there once more like usual.

The person who was insisting it would be a hyper coaster will look silly now.
I think it's great the old (former) dueling coaster get the ax. I hope we get a the Mack Inverted Power coaster. The Arthur and the Minimoys ride looks great and could be amazing with Comcast money injected in it.

I hope it won't be a pure thrill ride (and I don't expect it to be because Universal added "family" to its announcement). The thrill coasters at Sea World doesn't push the dial for the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.