Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see cave work is beginning and am very interested to see what happens theme wise to the backwards helix heading into the drop track show building.

I was thinking about that too, with the wall and the rumor that part will be the Forbidden Forest maybe that backwards helix will be heavily forested with trees to be part of the FF? Would make sense you try to go up something only for the vehicle to stall, go backwards, and into something you were trying to avoid.

Like this.

Riding-Wave-Breaker-at-SeaWorld-San-Antonio.jpg

After riding this thing maybe 12 times last month, it's "ok". Not the most comfortable thing in the world, and I'm 6'2" maybe 160 lbs on a "fat" day. More of an issue with my length than anything (thats what she said). It'll be ok though, and I would think the side car would be the more desirable seat of the 2 when all is said and done.

Seems like to what I can guess, there will be a rockwork wall added to cover the drop track showbuilding for both the coaster..and Hogwarts Express.

Heck, it seems like it's already starting to come up, judging from one of the aerial shots that Bio took.

DulKTvyVAAEgqtv.jpg:large

View attachment 8528

Link

3SIz.gif

With those walls surround the backwards section of the coaster, I’m fully expecting the ground to be raised up to the level of the footers.

Would I be correct in assuming that the ambitious work being put into this rides show scenes will be replicated for Donkey Kong? Because I would love that.

Would I be correct in assuming that the ambitious work being put into this rides show scenes will be replicated for Donkey Kong? Because I would love that.

As long as Nintendo pushes UO the way J.K. does. Otherwise you’re bound to get something like F&F Supercharged, because that’s all Universal knows when they’re not being governed by a second partner.

Why is there a wall around the helix and what is that brown metal pole on the inside of the wall to the left for? Am I wrong to think it is similar to think that metal pole will have the same purpose as the on to the left of the start of the spike (to add a pre-fab themed element)?

@Alicia It will be similar to grizzly runway mine cars, on levels of theming and ride experience (backwards, forwards, But a motorbike coaster, that the kind of vibes I’m getting from the construction. Here a video of what I’m talking about

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a coaster themed like a motorbike - not a motorbike coaster with motorbike seating.

The coordination required to get positioned in motorbike seating while in motion hurts my head.
Correct.

Why is there a wall around the helix and what is that brown metal pole on the inside of the wall to the left for? Am I wrong to think it is similar to think that metal pole will have the same purpose as the on to the left of the start of the spike (to add a pre-fab themed element)?
This section is going to be isolated and I’m sure themed prefab pieces will be installed along the inside of the wall. They already started on the wall against drop building. Hopefully they get a lot of tall trees in the middle to make the area feel dark right before you enter the building. But I don’t believe it’ll be enclosed fully with a roof.

Plus, I believe this will be one of two sections with a prominent fog effect, to help disguise the transition into a building, and the walls may help keep the effect isolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.