Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see that, and that they could market it as the Tenth anniversary of The Wizarding World at Universal in theory, as it will reach that mark, and that they would market it of things coming to Potter all throughout the year.
There you go. Ten years duration or ten years calendar. That way they can do like Disney and run the celebration for 18-20 months.

I could see that, and that they could market it as the Tenth anniversary of The Wizarding World at Universal in theory, as it will reach that mark, and that they would market it of things coming to Potter all throughout the year.
Looking like MoM most likely won't hit pre-SW:GE. But I can see them tieing into Potter's 10th in June 2020.

I would imagine they will hype the 10th to capitalize on all the folks coming into Orlando for Star Wars.

Sidebar: If Universal doesn't have the Nintendo model on display in the center of Orlando International Airport along with a major merch kiosk when SW:GE opens they need better marketers.

Last edited:
Looking like MoM most likely won't hit pre-SW:GE. But I can see them tieing into Potter's 10th in June 2020.

I would imagine they will hype the 10th to capitalize on all the folks coming into Orlando for Star Wars.

Sidebar: If Universal doesn't have the Nintendo model on display in the center of Orlando International Airport along with a major merch kiosk when SW:GE opens they need better marketers.

Plenty to open before SW;GE so they can ride the train after with this plan too.

Good idea, think you found your new vocation :)

Did any park use this tactic before?

Plenty to open before SW;GE so they can ride the train after with this plan too.

Good idea, think you found your new vocation :)

Did any park use this tactic before?
Marketing Mogul, by Dave ...:) .....

I am actually surprised that a preview center isn't being considered for Citywalk. It'd be a perfect opportunity, and it would allow them to show off the projects of SNW, Potter, SLoP, DnT, and the UOSouth Project.

Hogwarts itself is enough of a weenie as it can be seen from around the lagoon. We don't need big steel ruining the environment of Hogsmeade. Also, movie sets don't offer "total immersion" as they're built to only look good from a specific viewpoint.

Example:
This
article-2356778-1AAD2E31000005DC-775_964x517.jpg

vs.

Worth noting that while these are the actual set pieces, they would not have been this close together for filming.

On the tour they tell you all about how this is a collection of set pieces, and how they would have been moved around to get the correct angles in the actual studio.

I am actually surprised that a preview center isn't being considered for Citywalk. It'd be a perfect opportunity, and it would allow them to show off the projects of SNW, Potter, SLoP, DnT, and the UOSouth Project.
The UO South project is so many years away from happening it's a bit ridiculous for UOR to talk about it now. But just as they did with IOA and Disney did with new parks, i'm sure a preview center will happen for UO South eventually. It just may be 3-4 years from now, if not more.

Glad to see Universal building up the Studios and IOA to be the best parks they can be before diving into a new park. Don't make the mistake Disney did and half one great park (MK) and three incomplete parks that just don't have an adequate number of real attractions.

Reactions: captainmoch
Glad to see Universal building up the Studios and IOA to be the best parks they can be before diving into a new park. Don't make the mistake Disney did and half one great park (MK) and three incomplete parks that just don't have an adequate number of real attractions.
When EPCOT Center opened it actually had plenty to do.

Ironically, most of those parks opened based on a response to what Universal was doing, minus Epcot

The UO South project is so many years away from happening it's a bit ridiculous for UOR to talk about it now. But just as they did with IOA and Disney did with new parks, i'm sure a preview center will happen for UO South eventually. It just may be 3-4 years from now, if not more.

I imagine they're most definitely talking about it even if it is just a small white board with two ideas written on it. Some of the new things that have been heavily rumoured recently, I'd have imagined would be kept back for the new park.

Knowing how Universal work, they'll start construction the same day that they acquire the rights to LOTR and have to change everything.

Reactions: Andysol and Alicia
Islands and Citywalk had a huge influence..Hollywood Studios was clearly an answer to the original Studios

Indeed, DHS did come about because of USF, Eisner was desperate to have it open before Uni opened their doors.

Great book Disney wars covers this well.

I believe @rhino4evr has it right on AK though, It was more to combat BGT than it was anything Uni were doing at the time.

Reactions: shiekra38
Indeed, DHS did come about because of USF, Eisner was desperate to have it open before Uni opened their doors.

Great book Disney wars covers this well.

I believe @rhino4evr has it right on AK though, It was more to combat BGT than it was anything Uni were doing at the time.

I recommend this book also, it was a great read at the CBBR pool last year.

Got to love the speed of that Reedy Creek Improvement District.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
Status
Not open for further replies.