Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps we will escape something that has been killing the unicorns and causing mayhem. Perhaps the centaurs will help us (after an argument) to escape out of the terrible FF. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.
I think we know what/who was killing the unicorns.......

I vote we agree in advance this whole ride change should be labeled a failure if they don't move that divider wall back and allow more walking space around the shops for Hogsmeade.
I believe it was intentional to have a bottleneck. As long as the stroller brigade doesn't show up it will be OK. The wall in the way is the short one

I vote we agree in advance this whole ride change should be labeled a failure if they don't move that divider wall back and allow more walking space around the shops for Hogsmeade.

Add another row of shops behind it or some places to eat with outdoor seating with a nice view over the soon to be planted forest.

Actually, put a beer garden on.

Big Bad Wolf was the first "hanging" coaster I ever rode. I was so nervous. I kept telling myself to relax or it'll only kill you faster.
:lol:....BBW was a really fun coaster, especially the drop into the lake, and it was extremely popular. There was very heavy guest dissatisfaction when Blackstone tore it down as soon as they bought the parks.

Reactions: ChrisFL
There really isn't a nicer sit down Potter restaurant...I'd like to see one akin to Confisco's or Lombard's

I don't think the world Harry Potter world lends itself to a nice restaurant. The ultimate Harry Potter dining experience is going to be The Great Hall and I hope they can make it happen with this expansion.

Reactions: krazykat
I enjoy the way they do ordering and seating at Three Broomsticks, and even more so at The Leaky Cauldron. They both have the feel & ambiance of a good sit down restaurant, without the long waits for service & food delivery. No waste of valuable theme park time. And the food is reasonably priced, & good, with large portions.

I don't think the world Harry Potter world lends itself to a nice restaurant. The ultimate Harry Potter dining experience is going to be The Great Hall and I hope they can make it happen with this expansion.
That's what I meant, a Great Hall type experience would be nice...They could always introduce us to a place that we haven't seen before...As long as JK approves

Reactions: Scott W.
Anyone right now who is telling you what this coaster is going to be like is full of it. This project is on lock down, even my usual sources are vague.

If I'm a betting man it'll be multi launched with several show buildings and long, thrilling, outdoor segments.

One person posts speculation and you treat it as fact? Calm down guys.

I never said, and I hope it isn't fact.

The thought that it will be a less thrilling coaster than Mummy or Cheetah is a terrible idea, and I'm pooping on it. Hence the poop icon.

Harry Potter already has a kiddie/family coaster at IOA.

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm going to toot away.. My vote is below

So here is my ideal expansion. I used the same show building as FJ for the new ride as an assumption of size. I also used the same buildings cut up in various ways to keep scale. Here it is without any notes:

View attachment 5423

Here it is with notes:

The entrance to Hogsmeade stays in the same place, with the to/from of the Hogwarts Express the same way (I kept this because I don't think Universal would shut it down for an extended period of time).

6 - Old DD/DC entrance would be the entrance to the expansion
1 - the entrance from Hogsmeade to the Forbidden Forrest walk through and the new ride's entrance.
3 - Forbidden Forrest walk through area, with the wall that used to hide DC from people exiting Hogwarts Express demolished so you can see the Forbidden Forrest and the Shreaking Shack in the back, which is the ride Facade
2 - New Ride with SS facade, and queue through interior of SS as well as FF (similar to E.T.)
4 - Sit down restaurant similar to Mythos
5 - relocated smaller stage, with large area in front for viewing and no paths to block
7 - expanded castle show viewing area
8 - raised platform / possible eating location for up charge viewing of castle shows

I don't think I forgot anything... rushing to get this up so I can leave work.

View attachment 5424

images attached again below for reference

hp-expansion.jpg

hp-expansion-annotated.jpg

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.