Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who? So someone just told her the limited info we know?

If she actually had inside info and details we don’t have would she be posting about it on Twitter?
Cait has been around for a while. I met her several years ago at HHN. I don't know what she knows but it is unlike her to post something like this. I was surprised to see the post today and nothing here so maybe it is something - maybe nothing. Worth watching for a while

Please don't rip my head off on this. Instead of reading all 77 pages of this thread can someone give me the cliff notes of what is already known and what is rumored? I know a lot of the veterans on these boards are very informed at universal. Thanks in advance!

Please don't rip my head off on this. Instead of reading all 77 pages of this thread can someone give me the cliff notes of what is already known and what is rumored? I know a lot of the veterans on these boards are very informed at universal. Thanks in advance!
This article covers everything I know (and think I know)

http://uuopodcast.blogspot.com/2017/11/the-rumor-mill-what-ride-is-replacing.html

But not much is really known or verified on this one yet. Universal’s done a good job of keeping the details under wraps.

What are the chances this will be a dual-track roller coaster with two levels of intensity? It seems like a lot of you are hoping for an intense thrill ride, while wimps like me can barely handle the 30-foot drop in Escape from Gringotts. I rode the blue track on Dragon Challenge once, became exttemely ill afterwards and never rode it again. I did still occasionally walk through the first part of the queue to get a look ar Hagrid's Hut and the Ford Anglia, however.

It seems like a rather large contingency of Potter fans (e.g. children who don't meet the height restriction and those who are terrified of heights, like myself) would be quite disappointed if a new, highly themed Potter attraction covering such a large area were basically inaccessible to them. There are already accessibility problems with Forbidden Journey as it is. (Luckily, FJ does not affect me adversely, but I know many with motion sickness have problems with it.) While many Potter fans may want a highly themed ride with a great story and a few low-intensity thrills, Dragon Challenge fans want another high intensity coaster with big drops. Is there any way to please them both? After all, what's the point of alienating half your audience, especially when such a big piece of land is at stake?

What are the chances this will be a dual-track roller coaster with two levels of intensity? It seems like a lot of you are hoping for an intense thrill ride, while wimps like me can barely handle the 30-foot drop in Escape from Gringotts. I rode the blue track on Dragon Challenge once, became exttemely ill afterwards and never rode it again. I did still occasionally walk through the first part of the queue to get a look ar Hagrid's Hut and the Ford Anglia, however.

It seems like a rather large contingency of Potter fans (e.g. children who don't meet the height restriction and those who are terrified of heights, like myself) would be quite disappointed if a new, highly themed Potter attraction covering such a large area were basically inaccessible to them. There are already accessibility problems with Forbidden Journey as it is. (Luckily, FJ does not affect me adversely, but I know many with motion sickness have problems with it.) While many Potter fans may want a highly themed ride with a great story and a few low-intensity thrills, Dragon Challenge fans want another high intensity coaster with big drops. Is there any way to please them both? After all, what's the point of alienating half your audience, especially when such a big piece of land is at stake?

0%

This will be less intense than Dragon Challenge and more intense than Gringott's. But it is classified as a family coaster, so you should be ok.

0% because that's just not done or because you have inside information that it's not the case? Lol

If a dual track roller coaster with different intensity levels is out of the question, what are some other ways they could meet the expectations of both those who want thrills and those who want a highly themed, tamer attraction? Are there examples of coasters currently that manage to do both? If not, what new technologies might make this possible, if any? And yes, I have a vested interest in this, but I'm also curious about how Universal might end up navigating this thrill vs. family fun delimma. Any specific ideas?

This is what I think will come judging from past successes:
Don't expect Kraken or Montue, it's not what Universal does anymore.
Don't expect 7DMT or Goofy coaster.
Coaster buffs and snowflakes have Bush Gardens and WDW. It's going to appeal to the whole family who are expected to fit in the higher level of excitement in their range.
Universal reaches a huge demographic with this kind of rides when you look at the attendance numbers and they are able to keep the strollers density low.

Last edited:
This is what I think will come judging from future successes:
Don't expect Kraken or Montue, it's not what Universal does anymore.
Don't expect 7DMT or Goofy coaster.
Coaster buffs and snowflakes have Bush Gardens and WDW. It's going to appeal to the whole family who are expected to fit in the higher level of excitement in their range.
Universal reaches a huge demographic with this kind of rides when you look at the attendance numbers and they are able to keep the strollers density low.

So what, a Space Mountain/BTMM would be the best one to guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.