Harry Potter for Newbie | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter for Newbie

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 21, 2013
Between Orlando and Hollywood, I've been to Hogsmeade so many times I know it and FJ like the back of my hand. I've only seen Diagon twice, and both times I've fallen in love with Gringotts and it may very well be my favorite ride, so I'm biased....and since this forum visits more often than I do...I pose this question to you.

If you're bringing someone who's never seen any Potter attractions (but also isn't a fan....doesn't hate the IP, just doesn't watch), what order do you do the HP lands, trains and rides? I would think ending on this most impressive ride to leave a lasting impact is the best way, but what do you guys think? Have you ever had a method to the madness in your planning before?

In my mind, I think...

Kings Cross
Hogsmeade
Forbidden Journey
Hogsmeade Station
Diagon Alley
Gringotts

But do you think doing Gringotts after FJ will seem less interesting and exciting?

Thoughts?

Reactions: Coasted
Between Orlando and Hollywood, I've been to Hogsmeade so many times I know it and FJ like the back of my hand. I've only seen Diagon twice, and both times I've fallen in love with Gringotts and it may very well be my favorite ride, so I'm biased....and since this forum visits more often than I do...I pose this question to you.

If you're bringing someone who's never seen any Potter attractions (but also isn't a fan....doesn't hate the IP, just doesn't watch), what order do you do the HP lands, trains and rides? I would think ending on this most impressive ride to leave a lasting impact is the best way, but what do you guys think? Have you ever had a method to the madness in your planning before?
Can you get them to watch the first movie?

Even if you can't do them like Harry did, enter DA the proper way, browse the shops, pick up your galleons from Gringots, buy a wand and board the HE to Hogsmeade

Reactions: Teebin
Can you get them to watch the first movie?

Even if you can't do them like Harry did, enter DA the proper way, browse the shops, pick up your galleons from Gringots, buy a wand and board the HE to Hogsmeade
Yeah i personally think that my friend won't have any interest in the shops or gifts (he's 25), so I'm thinking from a walkthrough/ride experience and also maybe getting some drinks or food.

Also, I've never eaten at Leaky Cauldron. Is there any great difference between there and Three Broomaticks?

I find leaky cauldron to be better the 3B, mainly because LC tends to have more British-style fare. They carry different food and the ambiance is different. If I had to pick, I'd go with LC.

Reactions: HalfGlass
I find leaky cauldron to be better the 3B, mainly because LC tends to have more British-style fare. They carry different food and the ambiance is different. If I had to pick, I'd go with LC.
Thanks! Do you have any recommendations on my original post?

Thanks! Do you have any recommendations on my original post?

Personally, I would start at Diagon and work through that first and then take the express over to hogsmeade, for the sake of time. Hogsmeade is older now and forbidden journey tends to be a shorter wait time than gringotts, but I always look at touring plans in terms of minimizing stand-around time, so if it's an HP-only day, then it's irrelevant. There's plenty of time to do it all. Either way is fine and I am not an HP-nut like my wife so I don't know if there is any significance to doing one side before the other.

Reactions: Coasted and Frogki
Timelapse The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Universal Orlando Resort

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is a themed area spanning two theme parks—Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida—at the Universal Orlando Resort in Orlando, Florida. The area is themed to the Harry Potter media franchise, adapting elements from the film series and novels by J. K. Rowling. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was designed by Universal Creative from an exclusive license with Warner Bros. Entertainment.

Reactions: Mad Dog
if your doing more then just hp do islands first. then universal bc it pretty common for outdoor rides to close for weather in Florida.