Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Haunted Mansion Personalized Ending

May 23, 2013
Las Vegas, NV

I actually like those goofy Hitchhiking Ghost effects they added a while back. This? The epitome of a hot mess. Sloppily done, poorly paced, cheaply rendered and just kind of cheesy. Also of course that hint of creepiness that continues to haunt (ha ha) the overall idea of MyMagic Plus.

Sure glad DLR isn't getting this tech anytime soon.

I actually like those goofy Hitchhiking Ghost effects they added a while back. This? The epitome of a hot mess. Sloppily done, poorly paced, cheaply rendered and just kind of cheesy. Also of course that hint of creepiness that continues to haunt (ha ha) the overall idea of MyMagic Plus.

Sure glad DLR isn't getting this tech anytime soon.

Haunted Mansion is the epitome of cheese, but feel free to complain.

The thing I hate most about these changes to Mansion is that it wasn't broken so why did they decide to fix it?

They could have take the same budget and idea and used them in some more creative ways to fix something that needs it like Journey into Imagination.

The thing I hate most about these changes to Mansion is that it wasn't broken so why did they decide to fix it?

They could have take the same budget and idea and used them in some more creative ways to fix something that needs it like Journey into Imagination.

Because budgets are determined by how many people ride the attraction, which makes sense from a wear and tear perspective but not from a creative enhancing one.

The thing is people are going to love this though and that's all Disney cares about. You can probably buy it too. I honestly don't see it as THAT much different than the previous projections either.

Yup, in the video you hear the guest genuinely excited that the ghost mentions Massachusetts in her personalised version. GP will love it.

Yup, in the video you hear the guest genuinely excited that the ghost mentions Massachusetts in her personalised version. GP will love it.

This is true, as much as it irritates me this is made for that lady from Massachusettes, not us theme park dorks. I just wish they could be a little less bombastic with some of it.

Disneyland also had a motorcycle death ball in the middle of main street to bump up attendance. Guests liked it. Is that justified? No. "Guests like it" is a lazy cop-out for bad ideas and lazy execution.

Disney knows who you are, where you're from, and where you're going at all times. Now THAT is creepy. Perfect for the Haunted Mansion.