Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hawkeye (Disney+)

Jul 12, 2017
Orlando, FL
Hailee Steinfeld has reportedly been spotted filming with Jeremy Renner for Hawkeye

1. Why won’t Marvel confirm this? They are as cagey as Uni is about new attractions
2. This casting is outstanding and I’m more excited for this than I thought I’d be (especially with the latest rumors about Florence Pugh being attached as well)
3. Is there a Hawkeye thread?

I'm glad Steinfeld is (seemingly?) confirmed in the role. I've never read any of the Kate Bishop comics, but Renner and Steinfeld should be a fun duo.

3. Is there a Hawkeye thread?
No, but there is a Wandavision thread. I don't think one will be created till a trailer drops or we have episodes to discuss.
1. Why won’t Marvel confirm this? They are as cagey as Uni is about new attractions
Presumably they're gonna drop a bunch of info on their December 10th Investor Day? Confirmed castings and release dates for some D+ shows and movies.

EDIT: Unrelated, but to give a sense of what next year's Marvel output could be (not in chronological order):

Black Widow
Shang-Chi
Eternals
Spider-Man 3
WandaVision
Falcon and Winter Soldier
What If...
Loki
Ms. Marvel or Hawkeye

Last edited:
Here's actual video where you can pretty much make conclude it's her. It was filmed on a potato though, so it's grainy as all hell.

I wonder if her schedule got freed up due to COVID? There was reports months back that she had scheduling conflicts so was out of the running for the role. But I can easily see whatever production was originally the conflict having gotten pushed off (or maybe it was just Hawkeye that was pushed?) and they were able to cast her after all?

EDIT:
Doesn't get any clearer than this:

Last edited:
I wonder if her schedule got freed up due to COVID? There was reports months back that she had scheduling conflicts so was out of the running for the role. But I can easily see whatever production was originally the conflict having gotten pushed off (or maybe it was just Hawkeye that was pushed?) and they were able to cast her after all?

EDIT:
Doesn't get any clearer than this:

Yup! That’s her. Interesting point about her scheduling, you could be right that this has opened the immediate opportunity for her. I tend to think that it’s just Marvel being cagey like they are being with Maslany. It also could’ve been an ongoing money thing/working out the number of movies and series on the contact. That’s the exiting thing about getting someone of her talent, we get her for multiple projects over many years. It’s a great source character too.

Yup! That’s her. Interesting point about her scheduling, you could be right that this has opened the immediate opportunity for her. I tend to think that it’s just Marvel being cagey like they are being with Maslany. It also could’ve been an ongoing money thing/working out the number of movies and series on the contact. That’s the exiting thing about getting someone of her talent, we get her for multiple projects over many years. It’s a great source character too.
I think on Investors Day on December 10th a ton will be announced.

So I wonder who the villain/villains are. I know Marvel has a ton but with as many shows as we are getting wonder who they will use?

I know, it won't be...but Bulleye would be fun.

I mean, it's tough to classify this as a TV series in the typical sense seeing as this is the MCU and everything (including most of these characters) will tie into some other movie or plot point eventually.