Hazbin Hotel (and Spin-Offs) | Inside Universal Forums

Hazbin Hotel (and Spin-Offs)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 27, 2015
Alright, Hazbin Hotel debuted on Amazon Prime a couple weeks back and I haven’t seen any discussion of it. I just finished the first season and… simply… it’s good.

It’s not the easiest watch, as these are tortured demons. And while it’s generally skirted the first three episodes, episodes 4 (“Masquerade”) stops shying away from its world and really demonstrates the potential of its characters and story.

And by the end of the season, they establish a really satisfying conclusion while creating more questions than answers.

Anyone else watched this?

Earworm is the understatement of the century when describing the songs on this damn show!

I was one of the first hundred thousand or so view on the original pilot years ago, and so to see it finally come to fruition after all this time is like sending off a kid to their first day of demonic pre-school.

Helluva Boss is absolutely worth the watch too, and there are already a couple seasons worth of content there. Will always be wild to me that the spinoff got picked up immediately and had seasons worth of content before the main series even premiered, haha, but it is a worthy companion piece. The shows (at least for now) are running more parallel than crossing over at any point, but there are definitely Easter eggs in both if you want to pay attention.

I have been preaching the gospel of this show to all my theater friends though, if not purely for the star power alone. Incredibly well done voice acting, inventive character design, and humor that strikes the perfect balance between adult and juvenile.

Very interested to continue to learn about the hierarchy in Hell, and see how the relationships between a number of the characters develop (and learn about the history between others). I love Husk and Pentious most, I think, but hard to pick a favorite among so many great characters!