HBO's Game of Thrones | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

HBO's Game of Thrones

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
All valid complaints, although there is no way I could just "stop" watching the show at this point. The show is still entertaining, even when it's extremely mind numbing.

I think the big problem is that the show in the past spent whole seasons with characters travelling across Westeros. It made the land feel massive. Now it feels like they suddenly discovered teleportation or "fast travel" technology, as characters seem to show up on other sides of the continent within a matter of hours. In the past episodes you could look beyond this, as the story never really mentions how much time passed.

Sorry that rant went on too long. lol.

Ya- it is entertaining at points. Tormund had the line of the night talking about him an Brienne. I laughed pretty well at that. Maybe I need a couple of nights to gather the strength to watch the finale. I mean, it's only 7 or 8 more episodes to go, right? Maybe it's because The Leftovers just ended, so I'm coming off my favorite show of this decade :D

You hit the nail on the head with the time travel part. That's certainly the major issue.

The biggest issue for me, personally, is the one dimensional turn that every character has made. I mentioned Arya- she might be the worst offender. She has loads of depth and humanity and now she's just this robot for no reason and a complete jerk. Sansa was right with everything she was saying yet Arya, who had been empathetic in every other instance just decides to throw logic out the window and be stubborn now. This, in turn, is making a complete mockery out of one of the greatest schemers in Littlefinger. It's clear what's happening, even though you never knew what was happening with Littlefinger. He's even one dimensional. They took some compelling and complex characters and made them just dull. Mainly due to the recent fast pacing of the show and partly because of the writing.
I know how every character will react now in every situation and can predict everything that happens before it does. And the near deaths/last second saves are a giant peeve of mine. Benji sure is always around for those Starks somehow in the wilderness. It didn't used to be that way, and losing the surprises certainly takes away a major portion of what made this show special.

So feel free to rant long. It's sad there is that much to rant about, and you didn't even mention everything.

It may also have worked if they hadn't made it seem like Gendry was "weak" to the cold. Taking the hammer away, doesn't make him the FLASH all the sudden.

Was talking to my brother. He said it was because Gendry was rowing that boat for 5 seasons, so the cardio must have paid off. :lmao:

Reactions: rhino4evr
As someone who rarely has a problem with the show, I agree there were many head-scratching issues in the last episode, most notably the time travel. That didn't make it any less exciting though. Here's hoping D&D get better editors for the final season.

Is there any way to watch this online with a temp HBO service or must one have a cable/dish account? I was hoping for a PPV.

You can download HBO NOW. Which is basically an app that allows you to pay a monthly fee for just HBO, and can be viewed on a tablet, streaming device, or game console. . No cable or dish account needed.

Reactions: Teebin
So, I ended up watching the finale again last night. I think it was much better than the last episode and proves that the episodes should be extended past 60 minutes so that they avoid the rushed pacing that plagued this season.

Now I have to find something else to watch while I wait for 2019. :(

So, I ended up watching the finale again last night. I think it was much better than the last episode and proves that the episodes should be extended past 60 minutes so that they avoid the rushed pacing that plagued this season.

Now I have to find something else to watch while I wait for 2019. :(

I agree. It was the best episode in the season. Nothing ridiculously unbelievable happened, for one. And it proves once again how much we desperately need complex multidimensional antagonists.
Cersei is badass, she played Tyrion like a fiddle.

If you're looking for a show- the best thing I've seen this decade is The Leftovers- also on HBO. It's flippin brilliant and only 3 seasons. Best acting of anything out there right now. Carrie Coon is brilliant

Reactions: TheGentTrent
I agree. It was the best episode in the season. Nothing ridiculously unbelievable happened, for one. And it proves once again how much we desperately need complex multidimensional antagonists.
Cersei is badass, she played Tyrion like a fiddle.

If you're looking for a show- the best thing I've seen this decade is The Leftovers- also on HBO. It's flippin brilliant and only 3 seasons. Best acting of anything out there right now. Carrie Coon is brilliant

I've heard so many great things, that it is definitely on my bucket list, as well as Breaking Bad.

I've heard so many great things, that it is definitely on my bucket list, as well as Breaking Bad.
Polar opposite shows. Both great in their own right.

Lindeof and Perota had a definitive purpose all three seasons of the leftovers and it weaved together perfectly.
Whereas Vince Gilligan just threw insane ideas and things out there and found a way to make it work after the fact. This has been tried before (and after)- and no one can do it like Gilligan can. He's a master of his craft for sure.