HBO's Game of Thrones | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

HBO's Game of Thrones

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone know who ultimately has control of the GOT rights? HBO or George RR Martin? I'm still hoping for GOT presence in a Universal Park. I know the overall theme of it is quite dark, adult and violent but UC can make it work I'm sure. Obviously if LoTR actually materializes GOT is DOA.
George RR Martin would, I imagine, retain an immense amount of control.

Does anyone know who ultimately has control of the GOT rights? HBO or George RR Martin? I'm still hoping for GOT presence in a Universal Park. I know the overall theme of it is quite dark, adult and violent but UC can make it work I'm sure. Obviously if LoTR actually materializes GOT is DOA.

I don’t see GoT really working. I can’t think of a ride that doesn’t have a lighthearted element too it- particularly a dark ride. You could easily get that with LoTR.

But what’s the theme to a GoT ride? We’re gonna get raped but we luckily don’t and just have our brother and nieces die instead? :D

Of course WB owns HBO, so...

That said, I cannot imagine what a theme park could do with it. As stated, it is just too violent and dark, through and through. There ain’t nothing festive or happy about it.

Of course WB owns HBO, so...

That said, I cannot imagine what a theme park could do with it. As stated, it is just too violent and dark, through and through. There ain’t nothing festive or happy about it.

Slept on it. Only thing I could see is riding a dragon and enjoying the scenery a la FoP- and then killing some white walkers.

Still though- MUCH better IPs out there for a park.

I just finished watching the entire show starting with season 1. I missed a lot from seasons 1 and 2 and that explains why I was so in the dark discussing it on here.

Watching the seasons back to back was a totally different experience than the wait year-to-year. I recall wondering why Jon Snow’s body didn’t rot in the months long wait between 5 and 6! In reality he he only lays there dead for what, 24 hours? I am so linear, silly me.

Finally, I rewatched all of this on an ipad with headphones and believe it or not I found it 10 times more enjoyable. From costume details to jump scares that did not work for me on a large screen, it was completely different. On a small screen I actually yelped a few times (although I had to fast forward through the more disgusting parts such as the emptying of bedpans), goodness that was foul. Hurl!

Oooh, in episode 7 of season 7 the dragon pit scenes were filmed at the ancient Roman ruins of Italica in Seville.

59a457bf1e00001600c5fa6c.jpg

3.jpg

latest

Reactions: anihilnation
So I started the show back in July, and finally finished it last week. Took forever to binge. When I watch shows, I watch at night, and because I can’t hang like I used to, I was just about limited to one episode a night. I didn’t necessarily watch every night either.

But I’m glad I can finally freely discuss the show (even though social media spoiled a lot of the shows big moments). My favorite characters are The Hound, Arya, and Tyrion. Jon Snow too of course. I feel like Arya is the heart and soul of the show. Her journey has been a fascinating one.

I like how now, it’s just the core characters. Early on, the amount of characters and storylines was a little confusing to me. But now it’s obvious the end is near. I just hope we don’t have to wait until 2019 to see who finally gets the Iron Throne

The End Begins April 14

Mixed emotions we're going to get the Readers Digest, somewhat dumbed down version of the ending first. But then again, at least we're getting some reasonably accurate version of the ending.

I almost hope GRR Martin watches it, says "good enough," and then just gives us another seven Dunk & Egg stories.

True, but then again, it's not like Martin hasn't had plenty of time to finish the novels. He's gotten sidetracked with reference books and short stories.

Agreed. The fact we're still waiting on Winds, to me, shows it will be a miracle if that gets finished, let alone Dream of Spring. (And probably another book with his gardener-style of writing.) I just figure Dunk & Egg stories could be quicker, cover ground the show is going to ignore, like Summerhall.

My crazy conspiracy theory for why it's taken so long is because he's actually waiting until he has both novels finished, then he'll announce 6 and 7 coming out a couple months apart, rather than years.

Stephen King sort of did that with the final few DARK TOWER books, which all dropped in rapid succession after years of waiting.

Reactions: SeventyOne
My crazy conspiracy theory for why it's taken so long is because he's actually waiting until he has both novels finished, then he'll announce 6 and 7 coming out a couple months apart, rather than years.

Stephen King sort of did that with the final few DARK TOWER books, which all dropped in rapid succession after years of waiting.

Yeah, but King has a pretty solid history in churning out books fairly rapidly. Martin has always been a slow writer, thanks no doubt to all the various books and pet projects he tackles (Westeros history, editing Wild Cards, running the Jean Cocteau Cinema, etc). Hell, he had 1/3 of Dance with Dragons done by the time Feast for Crows was released and it still took him 6 years before it was released!

Yeah, but King has a pretty solid history in churning out books fairly rapidly. Martin has always been a slow writer, thanks no doubt to all the various books and pet projects he tackles (Westeros history, editing Wild Cards, running the Jean Cocteau Cinema, etc). Hell, he had 1/3 of Dance with Dragons done by the time Feast for Crows was released and it still took him 6 years before it was released!

I know, I know. I said my conspiracy theory was crazy, not plausible! ;)

Remember that if you start watching an episode a day on Feb 6th, you'll watch the season 7 finale on April 13th.

I've been watching one episode a week since Dec. 2017 to help with the gap year (with a small break to focus on finals). By the time I finish, the premiere will only be two weeks away.

Reactions: Scott W.
I've been watching one episode a week since Dec. 2017 to help with the gap year (with a small break to focus on finals). By the time I finish, the premiere will only be two weeks away.

My current viewing plan is to watch the Sopranos all the way through (first time) then start Game of Thrones and the MCU in time for Captain Marvel and Avengers.

It’s going to be a busy few months.

Reactions: TheGentTrent