Hello from Brazil! | Inside Universal Forums

Hello from Brazil!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 19, 2013
Olá gente (hi guys),

I've been following OU forums since the first news of the WWoHP expansion and I've always wanted to register, but just now I found time to participate activly here. From my experience on OU, I really think this is the best place to get theme park news as it has the busiest forums and the most intelligent and informed people.

I'm an undergraduate of civil engineering, a theme park fan (as civil engineering should be) and a big Harry Potter fan... And I can't wait to chat with you guys!

Sorry about my English, it isn't the best yet! (I'm taking classes, gonna be a pro! haha :smiley:)

- - - Updated - - -

P.S.: I've made a search at OU for the word "Brazil" (as I live on Rio de Janeinro) and I have discoverd that there is some misinformation about my country: we don't have only beautiful woman and beautiful landscapes; the correct is: WE HAVE NICE THEME PARKS AND ALSO BEAUTIFUL WOMAN AND LANDSCAPES!!! :doggie: (I really liked this smilie... haha). But as a picture is worth a thousand words, here are some photos of the best theme parks in Brazil (in my opinion):

Beto Carrero World (Penha-SC, Brazil):
It's the largest theme park in Latin America with an area of 131.000.000ft² and ist's divided in three: the park area, the zoo area and the shows area. The best attractions are (in mine opinion): Firewhip - A Vekoma Suspended Looping Coaster, is 131 feet high, has five inversions, has 2296 feet of track, reaches a speed of almost 62mph and provides a flyover by lakes and waterfalls; Free Fall - it's a drop tower built by Intamin (who is rumored to be bilding the WWoHP Gringotts coaster), it falls from 18 storeys high at a speed of 56mph, it then starts to tilt, so you complete the descent lying; Big Tower - the tallest attraction of the park, 328 feet of free fall that reaches a speed of 74 mph.

mapa_betocarrero_zoom.jpg

Free Fall:

18.jpg

Firewhip:

tumblr_lmrb0gcHX21qeldomo1_500_large.jpg

941207_570787539618807_1754973815_n.jpg

Other pictures:

459.jpg

033825.jpg

Beach Park (Fortaleza-CE, Brazil):
It's the largest water park in Latin America with an area of 323.000.000ft², with the park (16 attractions), a beach and a resort. The best attractions are (in mine opinon): "Insano"(insane) - a water toboggan, 134 feet tall (the largestest toboggan in the world is "Killamanjaro", also brazilian) - and of course, the beach!

words-tallest-highest-water-slide-insano-beach-park-brazil-1.jpg

porto_dunas%20(3).jpg

20121205092853_PACOTE_FOTO_2.jpg

capa-beach-park_4-17-12.jpg

Monte Makaya
It is a roller coaster at the "Terra Encantada" park in Rio de Janeiro built by Intamin. It has been the the world's roller coaster with the largest number of inversions, 8 inversions! Now it's third (The Smiler (UK) is first):

Makaya_(4).jpg

800px-Colossus-Thorpe-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much bobwadd! See you in the forums!

- - - Updated - - -

Our parks here in Brazil aren't close to be like the american ones or those Disney Japan, Universal Singapore, etc, but they are improving! I hope to see Disney or Universal opening a theme park here since we are a big market for them (almost every brazilian's teenage dream is to visit orlando): "The South American nation is one of the fastest-growing feeder markets for Orlando tourism, and travel officials are hoping that, eventually, Brazilians will be able to travel to the U.S. without applying for visas, making vacations in the Sunshine State even more appealing." (Orlando sentinel: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ents-gary-sain)

That's a really great post, but I don't think you'll see Disney or Universal opening any parks in South America when the Orlando parks get so much business from South America anyway.

:welcome: Bem-vindo to OU, HPBrazil! Nice to meet you!

Thanks for posting those pictures and descriptions of the theme parks! :thumbs: Would love to visit those one day! I love coasters and those look great!! Plus, Brazil is always stunning, the places and the people! I've been to Brazil a few times, but it was many years ago, so I'd love to go back.

See you around the site! :cheers:

:welcome: Bem-vindo to OU, HPBrazil! Nice to meet you!

Thanks for posting those pictures and descriptions of the theme parks! :thumbs: Would love to visit those one day! I love coasters and those look great!! Plus, Brazil is always stunning, the places and the people! I've been to Brazil a few times, but it was many years ago, so I'd love to go back.

See you around the site! :cheers:

Obrigado Felipe! Nice to meet you too!

Thank you for your nice welcoming! Sorry to respond so late to it!

It's makes me really happy to know you've enjoyed your trips to Brazil! Maybe you can come back here for the 2014 FIFA World Cup or for the 2016 Olympics and also visit those parks!

See you! :cheers:

Last edited: