Herc an Xena: Wizards of The Silver Screen | Inside Universal Forums

Herc an Xena: Wizards of The Silver Screen

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 22, 2009
Leesberg, FL
I figured since the building this used to be housed in is coming down, now would be a good time for me to attempt to get some questions answered about nthis long gone attraction.

Does anybody here even remember Herc and Xena: Wizards of The Silver Screen or whatever it was called? I remember very little about it, except in the first room I could have sworn some TV exec on a screen locks the doors and refuses to let us leave until we finish helping with a new Herc and Xena show. In each room there is a limited amount of time to get done what needs to be done and in the final room the TV exec ends up being one of Herc and Xena's nemises. Am I remembering correctly, or am I imagining things? Help?

The attraction was a tour of how the special effects are done for the shows. They took you into 4 different rooms in the tour and showed the equipment used in making the effects. They also had audience participation. The first room had a mechanical monster as shown in the photo below and they had 6 people work it. In the next room they showed how to cut and paste the action sequences, and the last room they put all the editing together while showing it on the screen.

This promo for the attraction gives you a general rundown.

[video=youtube;NKMP-Wg9ZmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKMP-Wg9ZmU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

And here's a few pics.

universal.jpg

universal4.jpg

universal3.jpg

Last edited:
I also remember they used to turn a couple of guests into minotaurs as well. It was an ok show.

Yeah, I remember I really enjoyed it while it was there. I kind of wish it had remained open. Would have made for a fun, kitsch-y experience.

I remember more of murder she wrote. I was younger but it was there longer. I'm loving all these pictures.

It sucks that we will never have good quality stills or video to remember attractions like this or kong.

Also it's "of the screen" not silver screen. We're talking about tv shows.

Last edited: