Hey, there... | Inside Universal Forums

Hey, there...

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

STL

Nov 1, 2012
St Louis, Mo
I thought I would take some time to introduce myself since I have reading this board for the last 3 years or so. I have no idea why I haven't joined before but here I am.

I am 46 years old and have grown up a theme park fanatic. I was fortunate enough to grow up close to a theme park, mind you it was Six Flags over Mid America at that time (Six Flags St Louis now) but it had coasters and that is all that mattered. I have had an AP there since I was 6 years old and still do til this day. Yes, it's lame by Orlando standards, and by a lot of other parks standard for that matter, but it's nice to get off work and be able to drive 10 minutes and take a ride on Batman when I feel like it.

I had the privledge of being able to spend two weeks every summer with relatives in FL through my child/teenage years. My family visited MK for the first time the year it opened. I still remember getting mad at Dad because he wouldn't pay extra for the ticket books with more E-ticket rides!:bang: I visited EPCOT the first year it opened and remember just how cool it used to be as opposed to today's version. I also remember visting USO the first year it opened.

Parks I have visited in my lifetime:

Opryland (back when they had the Wabash Cannnonball)
Silver Dollar City (which has a wicked coaster opening in 2013 BTW)
Cedar Point
SF Great America
Disneyland and California Adventure
Busch Gardens
SeaWorld
Kings Island
All of WDW
USO and IOA

My wife and I live in STL and used to have AP's to WDW but since the increases decided we have had enough. Instead we just bought 20 days each of non-expiring park hoppers so we can spread our days out over the years. We spend much more time at USO now. Last May we decided to buy AP's for USO since we prefer it much more. Looks like those will be renewed for several years to come due to all the great expansions and additions going on there. We have been to WDW and USO over 20 times each in the last 5 years. I have to be honest though, I am still pissed about JAWS being removed!!:mad: It's my all time favorite movie so I take it more personally. :faint:

Anyway.....just wanted to give you all a little insight about what I'm all about. I find this site so informational and am amazed by all the great updates and news you all seem to get ahold of. Keep up the great work!

:welcome:

I'm glad you've decided to join in on the conversations, after silently following the site for so many years! :lol:

With all the parks you've visited, you must have a lot of experiences and knowledge to contribute!

See you around the forums!! :thumbs:

PS: Aren't Universal APs the greatest? :D And the renewal rates are unbeatable!