HHN '18: Employee Preview Night | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN '18: Employee Preview Night

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think y’all might be safe considering I’m pretty sure this is the guy who pointed out all the major issues last year.

Yeah, this guy thrashed the event last year. So glad to hear that ST, TrT and Polt are kicking A$H!

What really gets me about these videos are the lighting. No spoilers, but it's some really surprising, innovative stuff.

@DTS, take a bow! Your even year theory might just be hanging strong.

So here's what Aaron told me via Messenger (Yeah, I know him):

"Lots of black walls this year; little less (than last year), but they have hidden scares in them now. Overall, it's a good year. Purge sucks though. It's no 2016, but it's not a bad year at all. Trick 'r Treat is probably the best one so far. *Does UCM* "Monsters might be the best maze they've ever done."

Whew! We're in for a good year y'all! Friday can't come soon enough!

Well crap. I just accidentally saw a spoiler for Poltergeist on Insta. I have to say the steak effect was pulled off pretty well! Didn't expect seeing that! I feel like I made a mis-steak looking at that spoiler.

Reactions: rageofthegods
Well crap. I just accidentally saw a spoiler for Poltergeist on Insta. I have to say the steak effect was pulled off pretty well! Didn't expect seeing that! I feel like I made a mis-steak looking at that spoiler.

You must've known this gif was coming.
daduntsh.gif

EDIT: If you wanna avoid spoilers, now might be a good time to get off IG/SC/whatever, because people have started coming home from the event and uploading video/pictures. You have been warned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak
I just saw one too, though on twitter, guess I'm staying off there for two days

And there you have it folks. Two mediocre/lacklustre/mixed-bag mazes (Halloween and Purge)
Four good-to-great-to-G.O.A.T mazes (Poltergeist, TrT, ST, UCM)
And one surprise good maze (Blumhouse).

All in all, falls short of legendary, but will go firmly in the win-column.

after seeing walkthrough footage i'm gonna say, this year is spectacular, there's 2 black walls here and there but it's amazing.

Just got out of preview.
Heres a spoiler free review
Best to worst
1. Poltergeist
2. Trick r treat
3. Classic monsters
4. Stranger things
5. First purge
6. Blum house
7. Halloween 4
Terror trams story was cool. Lack luster everywhere else like always.
This can change later in the run. But that's my list.
Stranger things has no facade and the sets are horrible compared to orlando's. Its still really cool to look at but yeah.
Blum house is actually not bad at the end with an orginal idea is there.
Il write a full review later in the season.
Tbh I might rank monsters over trick r treat later on. It was amazing.

Reactions: Dr. Herbert West