Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

I've been seeing a lot of hate towards H4 on these boards lately, even people who haven't seen it lately say they remember it being bad. When did that become the narrative?! H4 has always been well-regarded among the sequels as the best sequel, even better than H2 and H20.

H4 has always been well-regarded among the sequels as the best sequel, even better than H2 and H20.
^I have NEVER seen anyone say this. Ever. Is it better than the stupid "Cult of Thorn" crap 5/6 gave us? Sure. Is it better than 2 or even H20? hell no.

Halloween 4 is boring and forgettable. But all the general public cares about is seeing Michael Myers at the event. Its just too bad that we aren't getting THIS instead
yAiA9kU.jpg

New trailer drops tomorrow....

Just watched H4 for the first time and I gotta agree that it's pretty forgettable compared to H2, and there really aren't a huge amount of scenes they can pull from it but I'm excited to see how they do it nonetheless

^I have NEVER seen anyone say this. Ever. Is it better than the stupid "Cult of Thorn" crap 5/6 gave us? Sure. Is it better than 2 or even H20? hell no.

Halloween 4 is boring and forgettable. But all the general public cares about is seeing Michael Myers at the event.
Welp. Here you go:
Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers : horror
I've just watched Halloween 4 for the first time. Wow. : horror
Better sequel? Halloween II or Halloween 4? : horror

Now you've seen PLENTY of people say it.

I just find Halloween 4 so horridly awful it's hilarious, even if a small tiny handful of the scenes are kind of good in a guilty way (gas station kill, Jamie's vision of Michael, the ending). Everything else is just unintentionally comedy gold for me, from Michael's awkward stances to the school kids taunting Jamie about her dead mom (the fact that that even happens) to the adoptive sister somehow walking perfectly fine from falling off of a two story house. You can easily pin-point where Michael just stopped being treated seriously. The plot twist ending is definitely the best part of the movie, though.

I just find Halloween 4 so horridly awful it's hilarious, even if a small tiny handful of the scenes are kind of good in a guilty way (gas station kill, Jamie's vision of Michael, the ending). Everything else is just unintentionally comedy gold for me, from Michael's awkward stances to the school kids taunting Jamie about her dead mom (the fact that that even happens) to the adoptive sister somehow walking perfectly fine from falling off of a two story house. You can easily pin-point where Michael just stopped being treated seriously. The plot twist ending is definitely the best part of the movie, though.

I kinda want to see them pull a TCM halfway through and do the entire movie in the first half of the maze, then have Jamie's first murder at the midpoint. Then, the last half of the maze could be some quality Uncle-Niece murder bonding with a trippy ending. A "Kubrick-Shining" style adaptation, where it starts accurate then slowly diverges as the maze goes on.

They probably can't fit the entire movie in half a maze (Especially not waterworld) but hey, a guy can dream.

EDIT: Just saw the second trailer for Halloween. And yeah, they totally could've made a maze out of those two trailers, 'cause hot darn, that was amazing.

Start at Smith's Grove, then transition to a bus crash, the cemetery and gas station and bathroom.

Then go through the street full of Trick or Treaters into the house where Michael is hiding in the closet, have the mirror which Laurie shot and Michael showing up behind the Sheriff.

Then go to Laurie's house with the Cop-o-lantern, where we finally see Laurie and Michael's fight, with Michael reaching through the window and Laurie shooting him with the shotgun.

Last edited:
I noticed that in the facade pictures and thought it was weird, considering Universal sells Coca-Cola.

just popping in, and it is somewhat confusing, considering Killer Klowns in UOrlando actually does use the proper Coca-Cola branding.

This explains it:

Which, I guess fair enough. Halloween 4's a lot bloodier than Killer Klownz. Plus, Murdy's probably had bad times dealing with rights holders, better safe than sorry.

^^ Didn't Blood Brothers have a Coca-Cola ad on the facade? I could be wrong. And TCM is way bloodier.