Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Monster Masquerade

..you know what? That could be a killer opening ceremony for the scarezone.

Have the villagers celebrate, before the Phantom and Quasimodo take over with freaks at their disposal; as they strike vengance to France.
OOOOO that would be an incredible opening ceremony!!! ahh I’m tearing up at the thought of that LOL

My expectations are very low for this scarezone. Just because the classic monsters are Murdy's favorite, doesn't mean this scarezone will be great. Sadly everyone already seems to have forgotten the god-awful scarezone from 2014: "Mask-A-Raid". :chainsaw: Just remembering that train wreck in this location does not give me confidence.

Also... suggesting angry villagers being part of this scarezone just makes me facepalm. That is the complete opposite of what the theme of this zone is supposed to be. It should be the Masquerade ball from Phantom & the Festival of Fools from Hunchback mashed together.

Translation: This zone should have great set detail!
Reality: This zone will be filled with recycled mannequins again!

I didn't really think about the masquerade aspect of the title, but you right, no villagers makes sense. Dang it lol
I'm excited for the Hunchback, nonetheless.
I didn't think Mask-A-Raid was that bad. More beautiful than scary and I attribute it's faults mainly to the scareactors not selling it as much as they could have.

My expectations for this scarezone are still fairly low... however, I do LOVE that the masqueraders are wearing classic monster themed masks. My only dislike is how small the cast is. It'd be nice to see monster inspired masks for both male & female (two casts- each cast has a different inspired look to warrant repeat visits), then have their formal attire reflect that character with colors. This needs to be very theatrical & over-the-top. You're dealing with the Phantom's masquerade & Hunchback's festival of fools.

I'm very curious to see what kind of set details they do because 2014's scarezone was beyond awful & lame...

Considering every masquerade dancer is themed as an homage to one of the classic monsters, do you think theres a possibility of seeing a Gillman homage since we wont be seeing him in the maze?

Considering every masquerade dancer is themed as an homage to one of the classic monsters, do you think theres a possibility of seeing a Gillman homage since we wont be seeing him in the maze?
It'd be great if we did because Gillman would provide an amazing looking Masquerade inspired costume for both male & female...

This is exactly my fear for this zone, so much potential but will be completely underused... sort've like "Frankenstein: The Maze - Featuring brief cameos of the other monsters & Music by Slash"

It'd be great if we did because Gillman would provide an amazing looking Masquerade inspired costume for both male & female...

This is exactly my fear for this zone, so much potential but will be completely underused... sort've like "Frankenstein: The Maze - Featuring brief cameos of the other monsters & Music by Slash"
From a second look at the concept art it looks like we may be getting a male gillman representation

^yep. I noticed it too. And OMG... can we PLEASE get these masquerade masks as merch!!!??? Those masks are gorgeous!

In other news, I'm very disappointed in the set details for this scarezone. Its very uninspiring and the "display boxes" are more Mardi Gras-esque than they are Masquerade.