What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19: All Hallow's Evil

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Halloween isn’t the only holiday that happens this time of year. The Celtic festival of Hop-tu-Naa is celebrated on October 31st as well. There’s also All Saints’ Day, followed by All Souls’ Day, and of course Mexico’s Dia de Muertos; all of which share this season with the centuries-old Gaelic festival of Samhain. Samhain celebrates our transition into the “darker” months at the end of the harvest season. The souls of the dead are thought to return home on this night, and are welcomed with costumes and bonfires. Some say the costumes were actually intended to protect oneself from these otherworldly beings.

Scare Zones announced for Halloween Horror Nights 2019 at Universal Studios Hollywood | Inside Universal

This is the scarezone out of all of them, that makes me very excited to be honest.

I'm very curious to see how Samhain is particularly handled, as there's quite a few fun ways to move with that one particular holiday.

Most anticipated of the Zones for me at least. Love the whole Halloween feel in Zones and taking that to the whole Gauntlet is great. And also Dia De Los Muertos will be here (Which is great considering it is absent from Holidayz maze).

I’m so glad Dia de Los Muertos is coming back, the gauntlet scare zones have always been awesome and this will most likely be no exception