Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19: Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man

Oooh, maybe a mid-transformation Larry Talbot as a scare?
done right, that'll be scary and tragic (like the "friend" scene last year). imagine a room where he's seen writhing in a distorted appearance, and he asks for you to leave before "it" happens.

I really wish it was Frankenstien vs Wolfman vs Dracula. Dracula didn't get enough to shine, it was just him as a wolf.
Is there a reason he turned into a wolf in the last one? I don’t know much about Dracula lore but that part in the maze bummed me out, not only because you barely see Dracula and he doesn’t even scare you, but he turned into a damn wolf which confused me

Is there a reason he turned into a wolf in the last one? I don’t know much about Dracula lore but that part in the maze bummed me out, not only because you barely see Dracula and he doesn’t even scare you, but he turned into a damn wolf which confused me
in the original movie dracula turned into a wolf, it even happens in the book.

in the original movie dracula turned into a wolf, it even happens in the book.
Interesting. Did he ever end up turning into a bat? Or is that something they changed later so he wouldn’t get confused with the wolfman? Regardless, I think Dracula deserved a lot more shine in that maze, his design kicked ass.

Part of me is wondering more, if Murdy and his team already have a trilogy planned of sorts.

It could make sense, as the Universal Monsters would not only be extremely easy to use (due to that there isn't anyone to really stop it, outside of if it bombs); but it could be a easy way to reuse assets and props, while giving the service to the iconic group.

Plus, fill in with the motif going on, we have the beast of science against the beast of nature for this round.

“It is within the gypsy encampment that the Frankenstein Monster meets The Wolf Man and where the madness begins as guests are led along a path of destruction through the murky Moors, to a creepy cemetery and into the smoldering ruins of Castle Frankenstein and its icy cellars beneath.” This part is probably what I’m most excited for. I love the icy environments that HHN have done something about them are really cool to me

Last edited:
I'm disappointed, tbh
I felt like we had a good dose of Frankenstein in the last maze
Excited for Wolfman but all the other monsters that either were cameos or got the shaft on the last maze, this just seems like a weird move
This just doesn't excite me at all
I'm sure it'll be beautiful, fun, and scary, but I'm more hyped for ST and Holidayz.

Wolfie is getting some redesigns. (With the word few, wont be surpised if wolfie slowly turns more beastly the more you go through the maze)

Not gonna lie... at first I was very underwhelmed because of just how much Frankenstein was in ‘18s Monsters maze but I’m actually pretty excited. The gypsy village seems really cool and a Vs maze is always good.

I was expecting a UCM 2 but this is a pretty good curveball

This is a cool concept. I'm pretty much game for focusing on the individual Monsters with 1 or 2 in a maze. Although Frankenstein was used heavily in Monsters last year, this maze sounds kind of even.

Might actually be balanced but every single Versus maze has always been heavy on one side (FVJ - Freddy, AVP - Alien). Maybe this will break that trend but Metro Sets is huge but the last 2 years have been terrible mazes with AVED and First Purge so hopefully this maze will break that trend too.

I'm sure this will probably be the best maze this year anyway considering how much Murdy cares about the Monsters.