Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 23: Resident Evil: Escape From Raccoon City

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
64464_10151643716303233_8394072_n.jpg

Raccoon City is overrun with Umbrella Corporation’s most terrifying experiments—and the only option is complete destruction. You’ll need to duck and dodge Lickers, Hunters, and Nemesis himself if you have any chance of escaping Capcom’s video game terrors before missiles send everything back to hell.

Images (show spoilers to reveal)
1176255_10151657150763233_1840585546_n.jpg

1175595_10151657151533233_1537676191_n.jpg

Entrance: Music Plaza Courtyard Stage near Rockit

Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? All "Resident Evil: Escape From Raccoon City" discussion goes here.​

I for one am very excited to see this... I remember Resident Evil 2 scaring the crap out of me as a kid.

A "pause room" should be pretty amusing.

Okay, I'm really considering taking a week off from work and flying down now just for this. Played the first game when I was 6 and have been a huge fan ever since. Glad to see they went the way of the games and not those terrible, terri

SHOCKER!! :lol:

Pause room? :lol:

I had that same thought as I was watching the video. Sort of like the nurses in last year's video game house (even though I know with them it was a different reason for their pauses and movement).

Although pop-out-and-startle scares are really effective, another great and creepy scare is seeing the monsters there and having to walk by it without knowing which one or when they're gonna jump out. :thumbs:

Although pop-out-and-startle scares are really effective, another great and creepy scare is seeing the monsters there and having to walk by it without knowing which one or when they're gonna jump out. :thumbs:

This. Tension is a helluva thing. If it's something like that, it could be a lot of fun.

According to Universal's HHN Twitter, this will be based on games 2 and 3.

And looks like the pause room is happening :cheers:

The final haunted house at this year's Halloween Horror Nights event at Universal Orlando Resort has been revealed and it’s Resident Evil: Escape From Raccoon City. The maze is not based on the feature film series but rather is influenced by the games, with Universal’s Entertainment team collaborating with Capcom on the project.

Guests will journey through Raccoon City, encountering vicious characters from the games, including Lickers, bloodthirsty zombies, packs of Cerberuses and, yes, Nemesis. The idea with the Resident Evil game is to make it truly feel like a video game and in one room, it will appear as if a fight scene is paused, as though the gamer has taken a quick break from playing.

Full IGN article

They confirmed it on Twitter too.

I doubt it's gonna be a room that remains paused at all times. I would guess that they're gonna be paused, and suddenly become un-paused for a great scare. I really like the idea.

I doubt it's gonna be a room that remains paused at all times. I would guess that they're gonna be paused, and suddenly become un-paused for a great scare. I really like the idea.

i to can see how it can make this house really good...but also how it can mess up the whole thing..

- - - Updated - - -

this is supposed to be the facade based on HHN twitter account "If you want a preview of the facade search the first stage of Resident Evil 2... Arukas!"

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Arukas?file=Arukas.PNG

STAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sorry, I had to. Nemesis always scared the crap out of me when he would suddenly pop out of no where and yell that.

I can't wait for this.

I agree, with the right timing it will make an amazing scare. If they do something along those lines.

I noticed something in the map description for this house...

Raccoon City is overrun with Umbrella Corporation’s most terrifying experiments—and the only option is complete destruction. You’ll need to duck and dodge Lickers, Hunters, and Nemesis himself if you have any chance of escaping Capcom’s video game terrors before missiles send everything back to hell.

Return of the House of Horrors crouch room?

I've heard that idea will be back, but I didn't hear in this house.

That was a fun room last year, I enjoyed it a lot. Maybe they'll actually put an actor in licker costume above you or next to you.

I've heard that idea will be back, but I didn't hear in this house.

Its in the same location as last year.