Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 23: Urban Legends: La Llorona

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
1238995_10151643716278233_637024308_n.jpg

She is known as the weeping woman. To hear her mournful cries sends chills colder than the murky, watery depths she drowned her children in. Forced to eternally walk the earth, she seeks others to share her pain and suffering, now and forever.

Images (show spoilers to reveal)
13za6w3.jpg

dw9wms.jpg

2dippfs.jpg

muwkz5.jpg

29e12x3.jpg

2s1ahht.jpg

2145ul1.jpg

33oh82o.jpg

30csutu.jpg

Entrance: Next to KidZone stage

Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? All "Urban Legends: La Llorona" discussion goes here.​

I can't wait to experience it at this years event!!!! Hope it's much different from Hollywood's. Maybe they will start doing an Urban Legends series of Houses. Next House; Jersey Devil!!! lol but seriously this is going to be a cool house.

Have they ever had the "Urban Legends" prefix before? Sounds cool.

- - - Updated - - -

So Aiello is pushing the "watery depths" angle on Twitter. Looks like we'll have lots of agua in this maze.

- - - Updated - - -

From Aiello:

This will not be a carbon copy but an expansion on the legend itself. You will enter La Llorona's realm.

Water was featured in the Hollywood version, just sayin...

What about video projections? Sounds to me that this will be a very visual house.
I'm personally expecting something similar to the video projection in Dead End last year, but with La Llorona crying and screaming at the guests. :shrug:

Slowly but surely, this one is climbing my list as being my most anticipated.

Definitely. They did a great job at hyping it up last night.

Video projection in Dead End? Sorry, but I never got to see that one...

Not sure if there's any recordings of it, but it was basically a face that would appear on a screen on a wall that yelled at guests at random times creating a really unique scare.

And it looks like we've got some more details via the press release:

Her legend is one of tragedy…of murder. To hear her mournful cries sends chills down your spine colder than the murky, watery depths she drowned her victims within. Forced to eternally walk the earth, she seeks others to share her pain and suffering – now and forever…

Guests will come face to face with the 500-year old legend that has haunted millions of people in Latin America for generations, as the popular Mexican legend La Llorona comes to life as a haunted house at Universal Orlando Resort's Halloween Horror Nights 23.

It will begin when guests enter an old Mexican chapel where they hear La Llorona’s horrifying tale of murder, tragedy and fatal love. Guests step into the funeral of her victims, and as they progress, they’ll hear her cold, ghostly whisper that announces her presence.

“La Llorona’s intriguing and tragic story has been terrifying people in Mexico and all over Latin America for centuries,” said Mike Aiello, Creative Director for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights. “And now at Halloween Horror Nights, you will be transported into her mysterious realm and experience firsthand this disturbing folktale.”

Video projection in Dead End? Sorry, but I never got to see that one...

It was sort of hidden off to the side - you really had to look for it to find it. Similar effect to what they used for Bloody Mary's appearance in 2008's The Hallow. Absolutely vivid, stunning effect, and the sort of detail that makes HHN what it is.

Hollywood's house had water - not water "effects." When I hear water effects, I picture waterfalls, water features, something besides still, two-inch water pools (which will likely also be included) and a water-spraying e-prompt. That said, Hollywood's "river" scene was beyond cool.