Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26: Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure

That was last year. Yes, I know B&T didn't start until year 2 - but last year was their "Anniversary" type show. Although I can see a jab along the lines of "Isn't this technically our 25th year?"

Regarding politics, if it was a normal election, I'd see them steering clear; but it's Trump, and Hillary isn't exactly a fan-favorite either. They'll be there.

No matter your political beliefs, it's hard not to laugh at Trump even without said jokes.

Even though this is an election year, can we please keep politics out? It is rarely ever that funny and definitely more divisive than any of the other characters they lampoon.

New Ghostbusters seems ripe for a spoof as does The BFG (mostly for tanking).

Agreed, this was one of the biggest issues with the 2012 show. To do it they have to keep it balanced and everyone just complains when the jokes go against their political viewpoint. 2012 kept it fairly light, my biggest complaint was splitting up Bill and Ted and turning them against each other in order to fit it into the story. That being said they have to have something, I just hope they don't play too big of a role.

Yes. I'm really going to miss the previous Ted, but I'm ready to give whoever the new Ted is a chance and hope he can fill the shoes of his predecessor.

I think Pokemon Go could be a big topic this year.

I really dont care about either one of them and i dont care who wins really (this might be the most annoying election ever in my life) but it is really going to annoy me if they either focus a lot on trump jokes or they also paint Hillary as the good guy or a hero or some stupid crap like that....
My wish would be to ignore the political stuff altogether but if they MUST have it in the show I hope they mock both of them equally. I hope they are not main characters of the show but just side jokes. I hope that they have a small segment and a couple of jabs at each and then be the end of it.

How about this for a plot line....Bill catches Hillary & Trump having a secret affair....Now that's balanced politically. ;)
That's probably more in line with what they will do, very similar to Trump, Hillary, Bill as GB's last year. That's the thing a lot of people don't get is they will generally keep it balanced. You can't make Trump the villain without also making Hillary the villain. I really wish more people could take the show as a whole less seriously and realize it's all about comedy rather then getting offended when they identify with the target of the joke. You can't laugh and make fun of others without occasionally being yourself the target of the joke. It's all about having fun and sometimes realizing some of the things we take so seriously are a little silly.

How about this for a plot line....Bill catches Hillary & Trump having a secret affair....Now that's balanced politically. ;)

that would be great, specially since Hillary DID call Trump "my husband" as a mistake in one of her rallies :lol:

That's probably more in line with what they will do, very similar to Trump, Hillary, Bill as GB's last year. That's the thing a lot of people don't get is they will generally keep it balanced. You can't make Trump the villain without also making Hillary the villain. I really wish more people could take the show as a whole less seriously and realize it's all about comedy rather then getting offended when they identify with the target of the joke. You can't laugh and make fun of others without occasionally being yourself the target of the joke. It's all about having fun and sometimes realizing some of the things we take so seriously are a little silly.

is not about not having a sense of humor or not being able to laugh or getting offended. I really HATE PC culture
It's about how some of the stuff going on right now is just depressing and controversial. Some people just dont want to be reminded of it, specially when having fun with friends.
I remember last year when Hillary showed up as a Ghostbuster there were times she got booed loudly when I saw it. it just becomes annoying because i dont want to talk with my friends about politics at HHN for example.
Sure you can laugh at the problems of the country but seeing all those protests and all those fights and attacks, it becomes too much, will they bring up the people beating each other up at the rallies?

are they going to bring up black lives matter in the show as well?
your line of "make fun of something and realizing some things we take so seriously are a little silly"
will they bring up the riots? where does it stop?

that would be great, specially since Hillary DID call Trump "my husband" as a mistake in one of her rallies :lol:

is not about not having a sense of humor or not being able to laugh or getting offended. I really HATE PC culture
It's about how some of the stuff going on right now is just depressing and controversial. Some people just dont want to be reminded of it, specially when having fun with friends.
I remember last year when Hillary showed up as a Ghostbuster there were times she got booed loudly when I saw it. it just becomes annoying because i dont want to talk with my friends about politics at HHN for example.
Sure you can laugh at the problems of the country but seeing all those protests and all those fights and attacks, it becomes too much, will they bring up the people beating each other up at the rallies?

are they going to bring up black lives matter in the show as well?
your line of "make fun of something and realizing some things we take so seriously are a little silly"
will they bring up the riots? where does it stop?
I think one thing I like about the show's presentation of politics is they keep a rather friendly tone with it. The reality is most of the political differences aren't as great as the media and people make them out to be. Trump isn't as bad or great as people make him out to be and Hillary also isn't as bad or great as people make her out to be. I think it's good if we can occasionally step back and realize we each really aren't all that different. The lighter comedic political approach is a refreshing break in some ways during a heated election season. My only concern is when people don't see it that way, get offended and then expect Universal to change the show to meet their political views or worse demand it be canceled so no one else can enjoy it. I agree with you in the sense that I would rather just not see it since some people can't seem to handle it in a mature way. It's Bill and Ted after all and it's all about "being excellent to each other"!

Practicing is going on right now for B&T and there has been one major thing of occurance in jokes have been happening for the practices..

There seems to be a HEAVY influence on Pokémon in general this year..

Yeah I think we're right at the edge of Pokemon being relevant. I think it's recent enough people will still be able to laugh about it. I'm a little worried that towards the end of October it may be a little too old. That's got to be one of the toughest things about writing this show is things changing so quickly, by the time they write the script and rehearse it it may no longer be relevant.