Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26: Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure

The theater is only used for the Sunday prayer service, it's not something they would build a set for. Also the B&T set is up well ahead of RTU for rehearsals.

The drums/carpet/etc might be for RTU. They probably removed anything small that could be inappropriate for Sunday service.

The drums/carpet/etc might be for RTU. They probably removed anything small that could be inappropriate for Sunday service.
Yeah, I'm sure they are. Last year they had the tombstones covered in black cloth. Also I think while this set may look white and plain it may actually be backlit for the show and could be different colors.

Last edited:
Went to the 8:30 show last night. Aside from the music and dancing, extremely flat. Yes there were some laughable bits but just didn't work for me overall. Hopefully it's gets better. BTW, I think the new Ted did a good job.

I really like this years show. It's probably going to be my 2nd favorite show behind 2013. I do miss old Ted, but I'm slowly getting used to the new guy.

This might be the Most NON funny show I have ever seen. not bad, not good. just, not anything. It barely has any kind of plot and characters show up for a couple of seconds (like Kim Kardashian) without any good reason to show up. That happened a couple of times where they would name a character and they will show up for 2 seconds and leave. What a weird show.

the other characters that stayed just show up and talk but, it is not funny or anything. the only amusing part was Hillary and Trump. ( that was the only time I heard the audience really laugh.)
feels like an Improv show where people have to randomly act out characters on the spot. it doesnt have a good flow. It doesn't have clever jokes or moments. They make fun of Millenials, they use Red Box... (what?) this is a messy non funny show.
I Dont hate it because it wasn't Bad in the sense that it was not cringe worthy or Horrible or something like that. It just wasn't...funny, at all. The actors did their bits but they were just pointing out things. Felt more like an observation of pop culture show than a comedy show. Very weird show.

It barely has any kind of plot and characters show up for a couple of seconds (like Kim Kardashian) without any good reason to show up.

It's cool if you haven't, I know Universal always bringing in new fans ... but have you never seen a Bill & Ted Halloween show before?

Don't take this personally--again, you could very well be new. But they've been doing this show for 25 years. A barely there plot and random characters have featured in it every year. I see complaints like this annually it seems, and it's like someone saying, "I went to the opera and it was so annoying, they sang everything."

It's cool if you haven't, I know Universal always bringing in new fans ... but have you never seen a Bill & Ted Halloween show before?

Don't take this personally--again, you could very well be new. But they've been doing this show for 25 years. A barely there plot and random characters have featured in it every year. I see complaints like this annually it seems, and it's like someone saying, "I went to the opera and it was so annoying, they sang everything."

it's never been this random and non funny. I cant recall it being this boring and I've going since 2006
I know the nature of the show but i really cant remember a show quite like this. some of the characters didnt even had funny jokes they were just pointing obvious things out. it was just weird.
I know this might not mean much and it is only an observation but the audience was not even laughing that much, the only time people laughed out loud was the Trump bit. (People cheered when the Ghostbusters came out) the rest of the show was kinda quiet audience wise

I know they haven't been always known for their plots, but at least there used to be some basic semblance of one. I was talking with Andy and said the workings are there, just missed out on it.

I'm going to put this spoilers since this tech isn't a spoiler thread.

The random, one-off appearances are fine but they went overboard with the PokeGirl and Chewbacca Mom. Seems like the realized this and already cut one segment from each and now they only show up twice. Also would have cut the Arrow/Gotham's Got Talent scene, personally.

I would have played off more of the "Versus" throughout the show, instead of at the end. Still have "Rylo" as the baddie and feed off "I like making good people fight each other"; and have it at that moment where Ted gets controlled and vows to destroy the show. Each segment flip flops where Bill and Ted get their "army" together to fight each other (instead of just randomly at the end). I probably also would have involved BvS more, with the punchline of Martha coming during the final battle.

I actually thought this year had a stronger plot than the last few years. They had a solid story that was pretty easy to follow and the vast majority of the show sticks fairly close to it rather than going off onto tangents. Of course Bill and Ted is supposed to have a fairly loose story and the plot they chose allowed for that rather than just abandoning the plot to do other things.

maybe the plot was too simple ? lol.
The plot is always simple, they just don't usually stick to it quite as well.

The show is always so subjective so I suppose that could explain why those who didn't like it and those who did perceived it the way they did. Either way for me it was definitely one of my favorite years!

Dunno if it changed from the first week or what, but I thought it was the best show since the star trek focused one from a few years back. To each their own. The main baddie was a lot more coherent than last year, and the set design is the best in years. The dude doing Kylo is spot on.

ok, i remember something, what was the point of the
stranger things bit?
there was no joke, lasted a couple of seconds, how is that funny? someone shows up and they acknowledge it and they disappear.... what? I dont get that at all.

ok, i remember something, what was the point of the
stranger things bit?
there was no joke, lasted a couple of seconds, how is that funny? someone shows up and they acknowledge it and they disappear.... what? I dont get that at all.
That bit is very consistent with the nature of how the show is written and how it's been for many years. There are throughout the show a great number of little quick references.
The humor in this which is admittedly light is that they use an iconic B&T catch phrase ("strange things are afoot"). Typically throughout the show mentioning a phrase or name will make a character inexplicably just appear, in this case the girl from the show mishears that as Stranger Things, they correct her and she sheepishly makes an exit offstage. Personally I would have put her in one of the Versus rounds. I think they felt though there was very little humor in making fun of a popular character and just wanted to make the reference as quick as possible and move on. This was probably the smart choice and it does indeed get a very strong reaction from the crowd, so it works quite well.

Last edited:
What happened to the old ted?
Got used to him over the years. The new one needs to add a few pounds, skinny dude!

Agreed on the show not being so good this year, was kinda disappointed with it. It was good, but no where near as good as previous years. Think this is my 6th B & T year in a row now, loved the other shows over the years. Just this years seemed a bit flat or something.

Last edited:
Since the extension is now confirmed I thought it might be worth noting that the word is the "last show" will still be on the 31st. New actors will be joining the show to complete the final performances, so as to give the current actors a proper send off and to not throw off the new actors they apparently are sticking with the 31st.