What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: The Hive

The vampire-themed The Hive skewers more to the ferocious Nosferatu take on the monster than the classic, more suave Bela Lugosi version. It will be set in the 1980s and feature a period vibe.

Expect more details soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there Conjuring replacement!

Curious to see what this turns out to be, as I think the Nosferatu style of more intense vampires is actually a better move. I'm also curious to see if there is any nods to Castle Vampyr, but I doubt that. ;)

I heard this house is supposed to be absolutely filled with scareactors. Can anyone confirm?
I think it'll feel like that, but I haven't heard anything that confirms it'll have more performancers than any other house its size.

House logo:

HHN27-Hive.png

We’re huge fans of those little-known 1980s horror movies, and we wanted to make you feel as if you’re in those movies. The story takes everything that is sexy, beautiful or cool about vampires and flushes it down the toilet. These Nosferatu are nasty, animalistic, and vicious. It’s the type of house that will make you cling to your date all the way to the exit…if you make it that far.

We’re huge fans of those little-known 1980s horror movies, and we wanted to make you feel as if you’re in those movies. The story takes everything that is sexy, beautiful or cool about vampires and flushes it down the toilet. These Nosferatu are nasty, animalistic, and vicious. It’s the type of house that will make you cling to your date all the way to the exit…if you make it that far.

:clap:I was literally writing a post about how I hoped they could avoid the 'sexy vampires'. My heart sunk when I ready the first half of that sentence, but now I am actually excited about a hive of vicious, ugly creatures of the night. 80's vampires makes me think Fright Night and Lost Boys. As much as I like those films I am glad this wont be those.

So, I've heard this house has some wicked auditory effects going on in it. It's supposed to make it feel like the vampires are constantly whispering in your ears.

If true, and if effective, it's the type of thing I've wanted Universal to do for a long time. And it's probably why this is the house I'm most interested in.

Last edited:
So, I've heard this house has some wicked auditory effects going on in it. It's supposed to make it feel like the vampires are constantly whispering in your ears.

If true, and if effective, it's the type of thing I've wanted Universal to do for a long time. And it's probably why this is the house I'm most interested in.
Do you know if they were originally planning this effect for the Conjuring or if it was added after?

Do you know if they were originally planning this effect for the Conjuring or if it was added after?
Not sure. The wiring for the effect, I assume, would have been planned before the Cease and Desist hit, but it was still well before the audio equipment would have been installed so they had time to add it.

Another description:

Don't Stir The Bloodsuckers Within

In the small village of Carey, OH, the crumbling house on 19 Hemingway Lane hides dark secrets. Back in the 70s, a wealthy philanthropist, Nicodemus Felling, bought the property and watches over it still. But now the house now harbors a nest of bloodthirsty vampires. And if you are foolish enough to awaken them, you will find no semblance of charm, only a savage, bestial hunger.

Another description:

Don't Stir The Bloodsuckers Within

In the small village of Carey, OH, the crumbling house on 19 Hemingway Lane hides dark secrets. Back in the 70s, a wealthy philanthropist, Nicodemus Felling, bought the property and watches over it still. But now the house now harbors a nest of bloodthirsty vampires. And if you are foolish enough to awaken them, you will find no semblance of charm, only a savage, bestial hunger.

This house just keeps sounding better and better.

I feel like the big data people took hive from the vampires...or I'm too big of a geek to realize that HIVE is not a tech term....I thought my daughter wanted me to take her to see 'eye tea' because, isn't that how you pronounce IT?

Sorry, it's been a long week!

I'll give them a break on the facade seeing as this was originally supposed to be The Conjuring. It sure was disappointing when I first saw it though.
*shrug*

They've had several "flat" facades in the past. I actually like the graphic, but it's overall pretty meh.