Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Horrors of Blumhouse

I personally don't think anything, save for bringing back Bill and Ted, will fill the stadium. It's at the point where I think 2-3 smaller scale shows make more sense than trying and failing to put a big production into the FFL theater

I would agree - the trouble is the event really needs something with Bill & Ted's pull to take 1,500+ people off the streets for 45 minutes at a time.

After all the walking I did this weekend you wouldn’t have to twist my arm too much to convince me to sit down for 45 minutes and be entertained. I don’t care about dance acts but I happily sat through AOV and enjoyed not being on my feet for a little while

Wow this thread is off topic.

On the topic of a new big budget show, why not do an IP horror show? People seemed to like Chucky this year, maybe he could pack the amphitheater?

Well look at AoV - they were extremely well-received the past 2 years, and they have had some days where they can't fill the stadium. They gotta do 10/2, IMO. If they wanna bring back AoV, it needs to be as a secondary act. They need to find something bigger as the primary one.

I personally don't think anything, save for bringing back Bill and Ted, will fill the stadium. It's at the point where I think 2-3 smaller scale shows make more sense than trying and failing to put a big production into the FFL theater

I would agree - the trouble is the event really needs something with Bill & Ted's pull to take 1,500+ people off the streets for 45 minutes at a time.

I am pretty amazed at this conversation and I appreciate all your replies guys. this is incredibly eye opening.
I always thought finding a show was easy and simple. i didnt think it was this hard. I never knew just how powerful and huge bill and ted was. I knew people loved the show, I knew it had followers. but i never knew it pulled so many people.

Im still shocked that Universal might have made a huge mistake in taking bill and ted away. maybe they should have tried to fix it or work with it so that it wouldn't piss anyone off.
This makes me wonder if bill and ted coming back is inevitable. if it will have to come back eventually.

Also it makes me wonder if they are just going to have to get Jack to do a show every single year. since the show Jack did was pretty popular. I woulnd't mind having an annual Jack the Clown show that was not related to any of the houses or the scarezones.
I mean, they could have always just replaced Bill and Ted as hosts and create an annual show with Jack where he tries new tricks or new stunts or brings in new material. (not a comedy show, but just a show with stunts and magic)

I dont know how the crowds for the jack show were in 25, but every time i did it, the entire street filled up.
what if they just, they just brought Jack back as its own show?

Wow this thread is off topic.

On the topic of a new big budget show, why not do an IP horror show? People seemed to like Chucky this year, maybe he could pack
the amphitheater?

the conversation about the house itself has quiet down a little, so has the conversations about the other houses, ive tried to keep it going but most everyone has said their opinions on the houses.
this conversation about the shows will die down too, but it was amazing to read.
so im glad it went off topic for one day lol

With hhn having so much history why don’t universal pull from all that like jack and chance. And make a episodic show. Building a story or “universe”. Also I think that carry,oh should be built at the front gate. The harvest was like a preview of what you would see in the park. I think the front strip should be downtown carry. Barber shop and other establishments. Stuff like that they could use over and over.and also build upon year after year. Have a base. Build upon that. Bill and ted were staples. Hhn needs a new one. Also I think Slaughter Sinema was a really great idea .that would be cool to see trailers of concepts from time to time.maybe even let uoap pass holders vote for a house thru the universal app. For a future house. Would be cool to see midnight snack as a house. Amazon canibals too. Now that would be really cool perk for being a passholder!!

We got the house shut down during the RIP tour I was in on the 28th. We were walking through and one of the guys in my group and I noticed someone had written "blow me" twice on two different walls. We were at the end of out group and there was another tour behind us and we pointed it out to their guide. We found out during our lunch break from our guide that the house was closed to fix the vandalism. During our second run, we could visibly see where they painted over it.