Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

Thank you! This was the type of insight I was hoping for. Just to clarify: the unlimited express is only for the rides now, correct?

No problem! The express that it gives you is just for the rides but what they don't necessarily tell you about that is that if you have one of the later tour start times, you can pick up the lanyard and use it as soon as the event opens, not just after the tour. We picked them up from inside the park before getting to the s&s holding area.

Has there ever been a situation where they stopped offering Frequent Fear passes? Or, does anyone thing there would be a chance?

The reason I'm asking, is because, we finally decided to buy into annual passes this year, but ours won't be active until we get there in late September. So, we'd like to wait to use our pass-holder discount, but don't want to chance them discontinuing FFP mid-season.

Has the scareactor dining been removed from the site? I was planning to book it at the end of this month, but the dining options available are only Universal Dining plans.

I guess I waited too long and it sold out?

OK, I figured out how to book scareactor dining, and am going on the 2nd October.

For anyone who has done this previously, can you clarify something for me. I found the website to be kind of vague. So, my booking doesn't give a specific time to show up for the dining.

I have to call 24 hours before, so by the 1st October, to confirm my reservation and receive a time to show up? Is that correct?

I'd rather not have to make an expensive phone call to America!

Do you guys think it's idiotic to purchase a 1-day ticket and express pass yet? I'm concerned about hurricanes, but last year I waited until the week before and express passes shot up like $50.

Do you guys think it's idiotic to purchase a 1-day ticket and express pass yet? I'm concerned about hurricanes, but last year I waited until the week before and express passes shot up like $50.

You can probably find a better deal on a one day ticket via a Coke promo within Florida. I did this in 2017 for a friend and neither of us had or required Florida IDs for the promo. As for the express, if you know the day you’re going, I say buy it now.

Ugh, once again I'm torn between getting a multi-night with express or not. I'll only have 3 HHN nights so I know it will come in handy, but they're also a Sun/Wed/Thur so crowds should be lighter? The dates are Sept 29 and Oct 2-3 if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Ugh, once again I'm torn between getting a multi-night with express or not. I'll only have 3 HHN nights so I know it will come in handy, but they're also a Sun/Wed/Thur so crowds should be lighter? The dates are Sept 29 and Oct 2-3 if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Get the express. Last year I was torn since I had an employee pass. Ended up spending the extra money for RoF w/ Express because my friend wanted to go for 3 nights using express. Totally worth it! We hit 13 houses the first two nights and 15 on the final night. The crowds were the busiest I had ever seen at HHN and I expect it only to get worse this year.

Get the express. Last year I was torn since I had an employee pass. Ended up spending the extra money for RoF w/ Express because my friend wanted to go for 3 nights using express. Totally worth it! We hit 13 houses the first two nights and 15 on the final night. The crowds were the busiest I had ever seen at HHN and I expect it only to get worse this year.

If only I had picked a date a week or two early I could have saved money and gotten ROF. But I wanted to try to catch Illuminations one last time and see the new show on the same trip

We did that same time period the last three years. While it was the busiest we’d seen it last year, we still had plenty of time to hit everything twice over the three nights without express

Does anyone know when so called "Hell Week" is this year, when the local schools have the week off?

Is this FFP with 1 night express or FFP+E all nights? Either way I would suggest it for many reasons.

Crowds seem to have gotten worse due to all the kids now going to see stranger things.
10 houses now means more time spent waiting in line for them.
Express gives you more time to do the Scarezones/Rides/Shows you enjoy.

With FFP+E I get to come in late when it starts getting dark and still enjoy everything the event has to offer at a laid back pace. I'm able to justify the price since it's the main reason I go to Orlando in OCT and it's my main yearly trip.

Last edited:
Question: The RIP Tours no longer serve food included in the cost correct? What happens if you need to use the bathroom and are on the tour on your way to a house? Is it possible for me to stop and use a freestyle machine while on the tour? If you book a 6:30 or 7 time slot around what time will the tour end? Seems like not enough time after to do rides? Thanks for any answers in advance.

Question: The RIP Tours no longer serve food included in the cost correct? What happens if you need to use the bathroom and are on the tour on your way to a house? Is it possible for me to stop and use a freestyle machine while on the tour? If you book a 6:30 or 7 time slot around what time will the tour end? Seems like not enough time after to do rides? Thanks for any answers in advance.

I’m doing the RIP tour and it includes light appetisers from what I can see on the itinerary they sent me. The rest I don't know as this will be my first time.

I’m doing the RIP tour and it includes light appetisers from what I can see on the itinerary they sent me. The rest I don't know as this will be my first time.

They sent you an itinerary? I booked my RIP tour for Nov. online and only received a confirmation email.

When I did it last year (private RIP), they still have apps for both the private people and the public tours.