Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

Question: The RIP Tours no longer serve food included in the cost correct? What happens if you need to use the bathroom and are on the tour on your way to a house? Is it possible for me to stop and use a freestyle machine while on the tour? If you book a 6:30 or 7 time slot around what time will the tour end? Seems like not enough time after to do rides? Thanks for any answers in advance.

Going off of my experience last year, you will have some themed desserts (cupcakes, rice krispy treats, brownies etc.) and light appetizers (mac and cheese bites, chicken skewers, mini beef wellingtons etc.). My group found the food very tasty and buffet style was a plus. Enough diversity in the selections to make it feel like a full meal. There's also a cash bar in the food area.

I would recommend trying to take advantage of your wait before the tour to use the private bathrooms inside of Cafe La Bamba, but if you need to stop for a bathroom break just let the tour guide know. Same goes for the freestyle cups. Bring that up to your tour guide and I'm sure they'll even point a few of them out to you as you're on the tour. The guides, in my experience, do a great job at trying to accommodate everyone with the non-private tours.

IIRC, my tour last year started at 7:30 and ended around 11:30. We had the opportunity to go on rides using express for the final hour and a half that the park was open, but it was the last day and so overcrowded so we decided against it. What I liked most about the 7:30 time slot is that it gave us a chance to do the S&S at Simpsons, hit Slaughter and Blumhouse, rode Gringotts as soon as it opened at 6:30, and then made our way to La Bamba at 7 to take advantage of 30 minutes of food.

Hi everyone,
I’m looking for advice! My boyfriend and I will be visiting HHN for 2 nights in September (Weds 18 and Sun 22) travelling from the UK! We last visited in September 2017 for 1 night and we had the Express Pass - we got there just after it opened and managed to do everything. This year we are planning on doing stay and scream for 1 if not both of the nights. We are trying to decide whether to buy Express passes for one of the nights and I wondered if anyone had any advice on what they would do? We figured our options would be:
Buy express pass for one of the nights
Don’t buy express pass but buy on the night if needed (I have heard it is cheaper if you buy it midway through the night)
Buy for first night and buy partway through second night if needed

I know it’s difficult to predict but I have heard that crowds have increased recently and I was hoping for some advice from people who have been more regularly on what they would do. Hope this all makes sense and thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,
I’m looking for advice! My boyfriend and I will be visiting HHN for 2 nights in September (Weds 18 and Sun 22) travelling from the UK! We last visited in September 2017 for 1 night and we had the Express Pass - we got there just after it opened and managed to do everything. This year we are planning on doing stay and scream for 1 if not both of the nights. We are trying to decide whether to buy Express passes for one of the nights and I wondered if anyone had any advice on what they would do? We figured our options would be:
Don’t buy express pass but buy on the night if needed (I have heard it is cheaper if you buy it midway through the night)

I know it’s difficult to predict but I have heard that crowds have increased recently and I was hoping for some advice from people who have been more regularly on what they would do. Hope this all makes sense and thanks in advance!

My advice after last year (7th year attending the event), always go with express if you can afford it. My friend and I averaged 14 house runs per night using S&S and express over three nights last year, even with massive crowds.

Hi everyone,

You can buy the half night express pass before the event even starts, saves time and money!

Kind of off topic, but related to my HHN trip.

Last year at Universal, they were selling annual passes that were 15-months long. So if you buy it, it would cover 2 HHN trips. I didn't get one as I had already gotten my 5-day pass via an online discount via my employer. Was looking at the APs online now (as I live in NC and can't swing by the park) and they are 12-months.

Does anybody know if the 15-month ones are still being offered at the parks? Or was that a one time thing? Hoping to not buy my 2-Park tickets in advance and pick up a Seasonal Annual Pass (aware of the blackout dates and doesn't affect me) that will cover me for this year and HHN 30.

Last year at Universal, they were selling annual passes that were 15-months long. So if you buy it, it would cover 2 HHN trips. I didn't get one as I had already gotten my 5-day pass via an online discount via my employer. Was looking at the APs online now (as I live in NC and can't swing by the park) and they are 12-months.

Does anybody know if the 15-month ones are still being offered at the parks? Or was that a one time thing? Hoping to not buy my 2-Park tickets in advance and pick up a Seasonal Annual Pass (aware of the blackout dates and doesn't affect me) that will cover me for this year and HHN 30.
I’m super curious about this. The 15-month pass was for Universal itself, or for HHN specifically?

I'm pretty sure that in the event they do have that sale again, it will be offered later in the year. They started offering that deal in October of 2018 and you had to purchase and activate by April 4, 2019 in order to get the extra months.

I’m super curious about this. The 15-month pass was for Universal itself, or for HHN specifically?

It was a special on the Annual Passes. If you purchased a Seasonal or Power pass, you got 3 free extra months. Preferred and Premier got 6 months.

Reactions: Neo
I'm pretty sure that in the event they do have that sale again, it will be offered later in the year. They started offering that deal in October of 2018 and you had to purchase and activate by April 4, 2019 in order to get the extra months.

It was a special on the Annual Passes. If you purchased a Seasonal or Power pass, you got 3 free extra months. Preferred and Premier got 6 months.

Thanks for the info!

@SeanPhilly It's just the usual "day" passes for the regular parks. Has nothing to do with HHN (though you do get 10% discounts on some HHN tickets). Being from out of state, we try to get as much park time in each day before the event...but getting older, we seem to go less and less and makes it hard to justify the multi-day tickets each year.

The link below is to the AP/Annual Pass page.

Universal Orlando Resort™ | Your Orlando Vacation Destination

Just secured our tickets for HHN29 - Rush of Fear + Xpress.

We have never attended this early, so were quite surprised that our dates fell within Rush of Fear - and we're able to do 6 nights of HHN instead of 5 because of the Saturday (pray for our feet and legs from all of the walking)!

Also booked Unmasking the Horror for 9/18. Surprised at the price of $99 / person. Feel like that was a pretty steep increase for the 3-house tour.

Has the Frequent Fear Pass been known to sell out in recent years? I'm also trying to delay an annual pass purchase until closer to attendance (end of October) to cover HHN30, but would like to take advantage of the slight AP discount at the same time.

Also booked Unmasking the Horror for 9/18. Surprised at the price of $99 / person. Feel like that was a pretty steep increase for the 3-house tour.

It's tiered pricing by day of the week and/or time of the event. Some dates are still $80. In past years I know Wed had always been the cheapest day, but wouldn't work for me as it would mean I'd do the tour before going through the houses at night and that's no fun.

This year it looks like all of Sept is all $100 and October has dates that are $100, $90 and $80.

upload_2019-7-23_8-38-49.png

It's tiered pricing by day of the week and/or time of the event. Some dates are still $80. In past years I know Wed had always been the cheapest day, but wouldn't work for me as it would mean I'd do the tour before going through the houses at night and that's no fun.

This year it looks like all of Sept is all $100 and October has dates that are $100, $90 and $80.

View attachment 10259

I don't remember them being tiered like this before, but it seems like there is way more demand at the beginning than toward the end (which makes sense in a way). Just crazy that every day in September is $100. We're doing a Wednesday AM tour (arriving on Sunday so we'll have a night to experience them all before learning more about the details).

We like this model because we can recognize things in the house from when we went through and then the remaining nights we go, we can look for the things we saw on the tour.

Has the Frequent Fear Pass been known to sell out in recent years? I'm also trying to delay an annual pass purchase until closer to attendance (end of October) to cover HHN30, but would like to take advantage of the slight AP discount at the same time.

I have asked this before but i dont think frequent fear has ever sold out.
And even if it did you still have the one with fridays added and the one with every single day added

That’s a great birthday gift! My girlfriend and I are doing RIP four our first time this year too.

Would love to hear feedback on people’s RIP experience once the event starts.

When are you going? We're booked in September 15th.

It's something I've always wanted to do, feeling very lucky!