Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Auditions Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA-MBIT

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2017
Isle Delfino
I figure even if auditions are pushed back for a little bit, it's better/easier to have a thread made for them in this board rather than going back to a previous years' thread.

Internal auditions for this year have begun. This is not a drill.

Initial auditions will be done via video submissions, with callbacks coming later. Be on the lookout at the auditions website for outsider auditions.

Anyone heard any news or update on public HHN scare actor auditions?
They aren't yet. They are currently letting internal regulars (people who work part-time or Full-time for Universal that auditioned) know that they are being looked at for certain roles and that they need to turn in certain forms by Friday. I'm not thinking they will be hiring too many people externally this year, but i'd say those auditions should happen by late July/Early August if they are going to happen.

I haven't seen much pointing to there being any external auditions this year. Internal people have been getting cast as of last week, but as of yesterday quite a lot of veteran actors have also been getting full out rejection emails, which I'm fairly certain is not a thing that happens normally. They usually just don't email you if they don't want you.

If there was any year to stick to smaller casts and internal talent, this would be it. I definitely recommend you keep looking at the Uni auditions website over the next month or two just in case it pops up, but I'd also be prepared for them to just not happen this year. There's really no predicting it.

I haven't seen much pointing to there being any external auditions this year. Internal people have been getting cast as of last week, but as of yesterday quite a lot of veteran actors have also been getting full out rejection emails, which I'm fairly certain is not a thing that happens normally. They usually just don't email you if they don't want you.

If there was any year to stick to smaller casts and internal talent, this would be it. I definitely recommend you keep looking at the Uni auditions website over the next month or two just in case it pops up, but I'd also be prepared for them to just not happen this year. There's really no predicting it.
I've been thinking the same that there might not be any. I think they don't want to hire anyone from outside right now. Hiring people means giving free admission when they need people to buy APs and such. Plus, with less scareactors this year, it's probably not really necessary.

I know NOTHING this year has been conventional, but it does seem like it's getting very late to draft new bodies for an event that's supposed to start in early September, even using video submissions.
I am still hopeful for public auditions as my work schedule may actually make it possible for me to participate this year. Although I find it completely possible that they've filled all the roles internally, considering the amount of local theme park workers who still haven't gone back to their regular jobs yet. In which case, no public auditions needed. I'll continue to hover the audition site and hit that SUBMIT button with cat-like reflexes if the time comes to do so.

Speak of the devil! Universal Auditions just officially posted HHN30 auditions. Specifics in quote below.

Universal Auditions said:
Halloween Horror Nights Scareactor submissions being accepted.

Universal Orlando is seeking Male and Female Scareactors for Halloween Horror Nights.

Seeking performers with slender to atheltic build in the following height ranges:
5' and Under
5'1"-5'3"
5'7"-5'9"
5'10"-6'
and 6'1 and over

Previous experience not required.

Candidates must be available for rehearsals beginning mid-August through the beginning of September and for all Halloween Horror Nights performance dates:
9/10-13, 9/16-20, 9/23-27, 9/30-10/4, 10/7-10/11, 10/14-10/18, 10/21-10/25, 10/27-11/1

To ensure candidate safety and proper social distancing, this year’s auditions will be completed via video submission.
Please include attached the following to your profile prior to submitting:

· Headshot
· Resume
· Full Length Photo
· Video Link – State First and Last Name, performing in a previous year’s event include the role performed. If you never performed in the event, state your favorite scary movie. Fitness attire is recommended. To help gauge height, please film video in front of or beside a refrigerator. Any current Universal Orlando Team Members should also include Team Member ID number, Home Venue, and Supervisor Name at the end of your submission.

@FLManOnPurpose @SlasherVillain

Cut off date is July 20th. Good luck to all who plan on auditioning!!

Speak of the devil! Universal Auditions just officially posted HHN30 auditions. Specifics in quote below.

@FLManOnPurpose @SlasherVillain

Cut off date is July 20th. Good luck to all who plan on auditioning!!

Looks like, if you measure between 5'4" and 5'6"...well son, you're just plain out of luck this year. Every other height? Come on in!!!

Seriously though, did no one read this before they put it out?

Looks like, if you measure between 5'4" and 5'6"...well son, you're just plain out of luck this year. Every other height? Come on in!!!

Seriously though, did no one read this before they put it out?
That’s how they cast. The roles are sized with a couple of inches based on the costumes. Obviously, they’ve already cast all the roles that are that height.

EDIT - Whoever drafted that was likely working off a character sheet and was checking blocks. It’s completely normal.

That’s how they cast. The roles are sized with a couple of inches based on the costumes. Obviously, they’ve already cast all the roles that are that height.

EDIT - Whoever drafted that was likely working off a character sheet and was checking blocks. It’s completely normal.

Three inches really makes that much of a difference? What if you just stand a little straighter, or slump down a bit? If you're 5'5", you could probably pass for 5'3", or 5'7". It just seems oddly specific to me.

Three inches really makes that much of a difference? What if you just stand a little straighter, or slump down a bit? If you're 5'5", you could probably pass for 5'3", or 5'7". It just seems oddly specific to me.
It’s the difference between wearing your pants like high-waters or them dragging on the ground, and it’s the difference between a midriff and a night shirt.

It’s about the costumes. Most of the costumes are not custom tailored. It’s too much effort for no real reason. It’s easier to cast to the costume than costume to the cast.

Has anyone heard back after the external audition?
I have yet to hear back. I've seen someone on twitter who did an external audition say she got accepted, so. Playing the waiting game still.

EDIT: I think I misinterpreted her tweet and she was talking about something else. Have yet to see anyone say they got accepted from external auditions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.