Halloween 2020 Merchandise | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween 2020 Merchandise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the argument, but Eddie is prominent in the main icon merch and he's certainly not an official main icon compared to Luck or Chance.
I’ll admit, that part is weird.

Especially because I don’t expect him in the icon house.

Reactions: Tbad556
Cindy isn’t considered an icon. That’s why she doesn’t get merch. And Luck and Chance merch doesn’t sell near as well as the first five.

And Fear is a prominent aspect of the Icons house, which explains his inclusion.
i dont understand why Chance doesn't sell.

I’ll admit, that part is weird.

Especially because I don’t expect him in the icon house.
If we're going off of aesthetics, this looks pretty cool on a shirt:

Also, I feel Chance is too fresh and Lady Luck is too forgotten to be featured on a shirt. Everyone else has been at the event several times

But then again, FEAR is on it haha

I think it's all aesthetic TBH

The majority of the merch is poorly designed, including this year. The guy that does the unofficial cast and crew designs every year does a way better job than Universal’s team.

26 waS pretty bad, IMHO. Between the dual Chance thing that didn't make sense unless you'd been through the hoise and zone, and the dark color scheme that made it look worn out when it was brand new, it was just awful.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
26 waS pretty bad, IMHO. Between the dual Chance thing that didn't make sense unless you'd been through the hoise and zone, and the dark color scheme that made it look worn out when it was brand new, it was just awful.

Agreed. Also, the official entertainment staff shirts are way better than the merch sold to guests. Even as a scareactor I couldn’t get a hold of one - only for make up/coordinators/stage managers/etc. Those always look great, even for HHN 26 with Chance.

I think the "Chance doesn't sell" point is incredibly moot when we're talking about icon merch where a large group of icons are included rather than solo icon merch. It's not like they couldn't make room for Chance/Cindy/Lady Luck/etc on this design and no one would look at their inclusion and go "not worth the money any more".

L-Halloween-Horror-Nights-Icons-Poster-1347565.JPG

And let's be real, we got a hyper-specific scarezone shirt and poster featuring Meaty Meetz, Vamp '55, The Pumpkin Lord, Blood, and Bone. Are any of those mega merch sellers? :lol:

to be fair, that was some poorly designed merch.

You can blame execution all you want, and won't get an argument from me; but overall - she was considered a weak part of 26, merch included.

But as @Tbad556 said, it's all moot when the shirts are a hodgepodge of HHN characters. I'm guessing Chance didn't make the cut because they already filled psycho-clown quota twice.

I do think a Ladies of Horror shirt would've been a good compromise, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.