HHN 33: Most Anticipated House | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 33: Most Anticipated House

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 4, 2020
Just realized nobody has made this thread yet! Apologies as I couldn't figure out how to make a poll again.

#1) Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines - All of the UM houses have been fantastic so far, with Legends being in my top 3 of all-time houses. This house acting as a sequel to both Legends and Bride of Frankenstein Lives is a dream come true. I'm so happy we have the She-Wolf in here, and I can already tell Salvia Van Helsing is gonna be a new fan-favorite. Add to that we're finally getting a UM house in a sprung tent! My only concern is this having the same problem Legends had (where Dracula only appeared a few times), but I have faith they've fixed that problem, especially after the feedback of way too much Phantom in Unmasked. Either way, I truly think we're in for a special house here, possibly a new GOAT.

#2) Slaughter Sinema 2 - The first Slaughter Sinema was the first HHN house I ever really marathoned. 14-year old me absolutely loved that house, and it remains in my top 10 of all time. Now we're getting the long-awaited sequel (that may or may not be 3D!), and it has a Mardi Gras section??? Hell yeah, Jack. Can't wait to see what they have in store here.

#3) Triplets of Terror - This is gonna be the sleeper hit, I'm calling it now. The few details we've heard about this house make it sound really, really good I think. A surprisingly dark story, beautiful DMP-style sets, and HHN's own original slasher characters! I don't think people realize how big that could be with these three potentially becoming new major characters in the HHN universe. Very excited.

#4) Major Sweets' Candy Factory - I was a little eh on Sweet Revenge returning as a house, as I thought the zone was a perfectly nice one-and-done story, and that rather than Major Sweets himself, we would be seeing the town of Hollow Hills return, almost like a new Carey. However, the podcast for this house has sold me. This sounds delightfully twisted and fun. Also Major Sweets sounds uncannily like Mark Hamill's Joker, and I love it.

#5) The Museum: Deadly Exhibits - I think this is gonna have a similar vibe to Case Files, with a lot of callbacks to previous HHN years, while also possibly giving us a big twist in the lore if this house truly is related to Sinister & Surreal (which we should hopefully be finding out here very soon). Definitely helps that this in Sprung 1.

#6) Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America - I'm always down for more cryptid houses, and Monstruos is a fantastic choice, especially after how great Hollywood's house was last year. Most excited to see La Lechuza.

#7) Goblin's Feast - I love medieval settings, I've always wanted HHN to do more of them. I love D&D, so this is a match made in heaven. That being said, the podcast did temper my hype a bit with the more whimsical vibes. Still excited tho!

#8) Insidious: The Further - Never watched Insidious, but the house in 25 was fantastic and the section in 2017's HoB hard-carried the house. The psychological element with the Red Door in this house has me very excited, and all the talk of this being a very intense house gets me even more excited.

#9) Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - This and Insidious are interchangeable honestly. I wasn't a fan of the house in 2019, however Frozen Empire leaning a bit more into the horror of the ghosts gives me faith this house could be really good. Also, it's the cold house, so bonus points there.

#10) A Quiet Place - I'm happy they're really experimenting with this house and trying out new things, but I really don't see it working out that well, especially with how guests can be. It may surprise me though, we'll see!

What's your most anticipated?