HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction Thread | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I highly advise you guys keep your hopes down for Blumhouse.

I’m kind of excited to see John’s reasoning for replacing AHS for Unfriended and Truth or Dare. IMO this maze should’ve just recycled Insidious or Sinister.

Speaking of AHS now that’s it’s officially not coming, what was the reason? Seems weird the IP fell through after 2 years of having it

Perhaps corporate pushed Blumhouse on him again, like The First Purge? Didn't he say Blumhouse was the second highest rated maze last year, according to "fan polls"? Because I don't think he'll enthusiastically advertise HoB 2 on Twitter like he does with other maze announcements. It's probably gonna be in the similar speech he tweeted about The First Purge. Stuff like "different flavors of horror" and what not.

Reactions: chris.g
Perhaps corporate pushed Blumhouse on him again, like The First Purge? Didn't he say Blumhouse was the second highest rated maze last year, according to "fan polls"? Because I don't think he'll enthusiastically advertise HoB 2 on Twitter like he does with other maze announcements. It's probably gonna be in the similar speech he tweeted about The First Purge. Stuff like "different flavors of horror" and what not.

If Blumhouse was Pushed, then it would've been pushed early on, as the Trademark was refiled back in January.

If Blumhouse was Pushed, then it would've been pushed early on, as the Trademark was refiled back in January.

OH; I can see that but there’s no way they’ve wanted this maze from Day 1 to have Truth or Dare and Unfriended only. Maybe AHS was only a 2 year contract and they just decided not to renew since it was middle of the pack on both coasts?(*sigh*)

Here is a brief update from yesterday (Sunday, August 5th)

WATERWORLD (Halloween 4)
c4taOoa.jpg

PARISIAN COURTYARD (Classic Monsters)
ZK87Rp9.jpg

^you know you're bored when....

MUMMY QUEUE (Trick R Treat)

vz6vnx8.jpg

^"ceiling" pieces are being installed. Still don't understand why they can't just extend the actual tent. Just get more poles & black tarp.

SS29

9bs3g3r.jpg

^yea... bored again. Also, from what it looked like behind the green mesh fence, they're actually creating a cement ramp/pathway for the queue.

METRO SETS
fC72BHT.jpg

^SCENIC AWAITING TO BE INSTALLED!

T1VA3Ap.jpg

TERROR TRAM

VlkEVx6.jpg

^Contruction has commenced near the Psycho House...

uP5fr1G.jpg

^The pick-up area walls have now gone vertical at the exit of "War of the Worlds"

Unfortunately the tram did NOT bypass the backlot mazes, but maybe next week. This year has been the worst for updates.

Ew, can we stop with the gauntlet, it’s an awful way to start a maze.
We've only seen it done once. In an anthology maze. For the awful Blumhouse maze. With the overused Purge.
I'd say we still owe it a chance.
There could be a lot of great lead up to going into the castle with villagers warning you before the scares start happening. I'm actually REALLY excited for this segment.
If it fails this time and the next time they use it, then I'd understand that mentality.

Reactions: Clive
We've only seen it done once. In an anthology maze. For the awful Blumhouse maze. With the overused Purge.
I'd say we still owe it a chance.
There could be a lot of great lead up to going into the castle with villagers warning you before the scares start happening. I'm actually REALLY excited for this segment.
If it fails this time and the next time they use it, then I'd understand that mentality.
Or a graveyard seeing the UCM Promo Art. You enter a Village and Graveyard and go through the woods and maybe encounter the Wolfman there and then encounter Frankenstein's Castle as the facade.

Or a graveyard seeing the UCM Promo Art. You enter a Village and Graveyard and go through the woods and maybe encounter the Wolfman there and then encounter Frankenstein's Castle as the facade.
I love that too, freakin' phenomenal.
I hope this is gothic as all hell with fog coating the floors and creepy music and the sound of wind billowing through the air.

Reactions: Freak and Clive
I’m really excited for UCM, but at the same time, I don’t want to be. This will either be phenomenal or awful. I’m hoping this will be a true Gothic maze and not tempered with a celebrity.