HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I miss the days of when they'd put concept art on the website. Especially for the scarezones. We know it exists. Instead of having past event pics (from literally the past 3 years), it'd be cool if they uploaded the character concept art. I think they even added it to the FB page in the past too at one point.

Also one thing I've always wondered... why don't they create cool logos for the scarezones like Orlando does? Especially now in the facebook era, I'm sure fans would love to make their FB cover photo one of the SZs.

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
I miss the days of when they'd put concept art on the website. Especially for the scarezones. We know it exists. Instead of having past event pics (from literally the past 3 years), it'd be cool if they uploaded the character concept art. I think they even added it to the FB page in the past too at one point.

Also one thing I've always wondered... why don't they create cool logos for the scarezones like Orlando does? Especially now in the facebook era, I'm sure fans would love to make their FB cover photo one of the SZs.
one thing i do like to see is murdy giving us pages of past years maze treatment to give us haunt fans inspiration

Completely forgot Whiplash was produced by Blumhouse, if they have a scene from Whiplash in the house, hands down, favorite maze of the year.[/QUOTE

*Blasts you with cold air*

*Counts as Paranormal Activity poltergeist*

Thats one scare hmmm

James McAvoy

The girl from Ouija

The Boogieman

Terence Fletcher...

Would be gold to see a scene with an actor throwing drum sticks at you.

You know what makes me the more angry? That people are freaking out over things that are either A.) Leaked, or B.) practically confirmed at this point.

I'm sorry if I offend people, but the Halloween Horror Nights community this year has gone haggard, and that people can't be patient to wait. Now, that isn't the case for everyone; but that Patience is one of the most important things in the world, and that for an event like Halloween Horror Nights, sometimes you can't get everything right.

Now am I saying the wrong thing? Perhaps, but that I am getting more and more peeved over the fact that people can't simply wait in the community, especially those who go into the marketing mindset that things should act a certain way when in reality, it doesn't always go to that.

Just some statements, and that it is my own; so I'm expecting criticism and hate over this. But that Halloween Horror Night's community has gone abysmal to me, and that while I love chatting here every once and a while; things like the lack of patience will kill me.
I partially agree. There's one aspect where you have to accept that they'll announce it when they announce it. There is also another factor that we're about a month away from the actual event, yet they still have three more mazes to announce. With all of this ridiculous bureaucracy behind the scenes, that's totally on them for having all of these leaks happening.

Also, I just went back to HNN for the first time in months to see what's up with the heated "It" debate. Bloody heck, those people are delusional. Some of them written ridiculous conspiracy theories on how Murdy is setting up an elaborate rouse with the JP queue facade to make sure we can't figure out it's "It". Okay, 1) They're not gonna spend that much money to fool a small handful of fanatics on here. 2) They're doing an It experience in the same town that's free. 3) (And Best of all) Murdy couldn't even catch the note that said "Saw maze" behind the props. How in blazes do expect him to be that clever?

EDIT: Noticed there is a big difference between "Clever" and "cleaver"

Last edited:
It's amazing that when it comes to speculation this year in particular, seems like everyone has a "source". There was a time where I would look on here and only trusted @Wesker69, now everyone wants to break news of leaks. Only surprises left are what's to be included in Blumhouse. (I still don't trust "Get Out" to be in it)

Reactions: Wesker69
It's amazing that when it comes to speculation this year in particular, seems like everyone has a "source". There was a time where I would look on here and only trusted @Wesker69, now everyone wants to break news of leaks. Only surprises left are what's to be included in Blumhouse. (I still don't trust "Get Out" to be in it)

Get Out is most likely gonna be in the maze, however I wouldn't expect it to be a long section. If I had to guess Sinister & Ouija are gonna have the longer sections, with Get Out and Split being shorter & a Purge gauntlet style section as the finale.

Get Out is most likely gonna be in the maze, however I wouldn't expect it to be a long section. If I had to guess Sinister & Ouija are gonna have the longer sections, with Get Out and Split being shorter & a Purge gauntlet style section as the finale.

Sinister = Bughuul
Ouija = Demonic/Spirit Possession
Purge = Weapon wielding, masked maniacs
Split = The Beast

Get Out = Friendly white brain surgeon and hypnotist looking for black people :saywhat:

You see where I'm going...

Sinister = Bughuul
Ouija = Demonic/Spirit Possession
Purge = Weapon wielding, masked maniacs
Split = The Beast

Get Out = Friendly white brain surgeon and hypnotist looking for black people :saywhat:

You see where I'm going...

I get it; but most likely the Get Out section is gonna have the main character killing a guy, Rose with a gun, the surgery scene, and the Sunken Place.

Get Out is only racist if you make it. I dont understand why people think Get Out won't be in Blumhouse because its controversial. 80% of people going won't even know its in the maze 99.9999% of people won't even get offended.
I get it; but most likely the Get Out section is gonna have the main character killing a guy, Rose with a gun, the surgery scene, and the Sunken Place.
No, depending on how many properties are being used in the mashup, each one should get 1-2 rooms max.

Get Out is only racist if you make it. I dont understand why people think Get Out won't be in Blumhouse because its controversial. 80% of people going won't even know its in the maze 99.9999% of people won't even get offended.

No, depending on how many properties are being used in the mashup, each one should get 1-2 rooms max.

In that case the Sunken Place and the surgery scene are probably gonna be the only things from Get Out in there.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
As well as the knight mask figure and skeleton dear in the Sunken Place. Just because they were in the deleted scenes, doesn't mean they can't be in the actual maze portion. After all, last year Ryan Murphy had John include Tate's cross-dressing brother make an appearance in the Murder House section, despite having that character completely removed from the actual airing.

Reactions: horrornights789
Anyone else confused why they haven't announced Insidious yet? It's an exclusive and a Universal property so the rights shouldn't to big of a problem

Anyone else confused why they haven't announced Insidious yet? It's an exclusive and a Universal property so the rights shouldn't to big of a problem

I was convinced both that and Blumhouse were gonna be announced at Scare LA since they could've had a video of Jason Blum announcing them. Possibly since this property doesn't have even a teaser yet, unlike other mazes based on unreleased movies that at least had trailers for them, I'm guessing they're waiting for something of Insidious 4 to come out, so that the fans can have an idea of what's going on in that movie.

I was convinced both that and Blumhouse were gonna be announced at Scare LA since they could've had a video of Jason Blum announcing them. Possibly since this property doesn't have even a teaser yet, unlike other mazes based on unreleased movies that at least had trailers for them, I'm guessing they're waiting for something of Insidious 4 to come out, so that the fans can have an idea of what's going on in that movie.

Makes enough sense, but with a January release date were probably not gonna get teasers till October

Hopefully they just announce that or Blumhouse so that the IT, Stranger Things, Conjuring, and other IP rumors that are still alive on Twitter, YouTube, and forums will die out. And I also agree with the earlier comment of Sinister being one of the longest portions. Considering we saw what looked like the church from the sequel, I wouldn't doubt they would try to include references from both movies in there.

Reactions: horrornights789