HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If that is true, it sounds like Terror Tram might be done. I hope that happens for two very good reasons: 

Reason #1: Terror Tram was never really great. This year was probably the best one they've done yet, but it still isn't amazing. There's not much they can work with given all of the restrictions. No matter what they do with it, it's always the same every year. The novelty of walking the backlot where actual movies were filmed and where the psycho house is can only go so far if it's the same after 11 years. Everyone has seen it. Besides, we get to walk some of the Metro Sets. 

Reason #2: If Terror Tram is leaving that means I can truthfully say that I was on the last Terror Tram ever. That would be some claim to fame right there. :)

If that is true, it sounds like Terror Tram might be done. I hope that happens for two very good reasons: 

Reason #1: Terror Tram was never really great. This year was probably the best one they've done yet, but it still isn't amazing. There's not much they can work with given all of the restrictions. No matter what they do with it, it's always the same every year. The novelty of walking the backlot where actual movies were filmed and where the psycho house is can only go so far if it's the same after 11 years. Everyone has seen it. Besides, we get to walk some of the Metro Sets. 

Reason #2: If Terror Tram is leaving that means I can truthfully say that I was on the last Terror Tram ever. That would be some claim to fame right there. :)

Plus, who's to say that they can't expand further into the Metro sets if they wanted to? I think that it's a more..logical move to finally retire the TT concept and dedicate that more to the Metro Sets in a sense.

Murdy just posted on Twitter that he is doing a 100 page maze treatment. 100 is a lot, I mean a lot. On average they should be 50 and thats if theres a ton of detail like in Krampus. I'm about 100 percent positive that right now, on his way to Ireland. John Murdy, is working on the maze AHS.

In funnier news if anybody is a massive HHN fan watch this fantastic video lost in time: 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/OSZxeYi1jcc?feature=oembed

Great video that has supposed to be an HHN tradition hopefully I can talk Murdy into doing it for HHN27

WRONG! Terror Tram WAS REALLY GREAT until 2009!!! Everyone who went those years will say that much. Yes, the mazes were absolutely mind blowing, but the tram is what made HHN even more special at the time, not just because of the novelty, but because it was genuinely THE attraction to not miss. 2010, it all changed and went horribly down hill from there to depths where it could never return. 2016 was pretty good too, but I feel people were so bitter from the prior years, they couldn't even enjoy it (or they missed the set pieces).

2 hours ago, ush.hacker said:

Murdy just posted on Twitter that he is doing a 100 page maze treatment. 100 is a lot, I mean a lot. On average they should be 50 and thats if theres a ton of detail like in Krampus. I'm about 100 percent positive that right now, on his way to Ireland. John Murdy, is working on the maze AHS.

In funnier news if anybody is a massive HHN fan watch this fantastic video lost in time: 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/OSZxeYi1jcc?feature=oembed

That was just silly haha

WRONG! Terror Tram WAS REALLY GREAT until 2009!!! Everyone who went those years will say that much. Yes, the mazes were absolutely mind blowing, but the tram is what made HHN even more special at the time, not just because of the novelty, but because it was genuinely THE attraction to not miss. 2010, it all changed and went horribly down hill from there to depths where it could never return. 2016 was pretty good too, but I feel people were so bitter from the prior years, they couldn't even enjoy it (or they missed the set pieces).

That was just silly haha

Thats such a classic video. Stumble upon it doing research on Frank Stites.

as far as I know that the only documented video of that event. :lol:

I really hope they don't get rid of terror tram. Such a great experience to walk those amazing sets. A great part of history. It has took them years to get the tram perfect. This year 2016 they finally found the right tempo

I really hope they don't get rid of terror tram. Such a great experience to walk those amazing sets. A great part of history. It has took them years to get the tram perfect. This year 2016 they finally found the right tempo

To be honest, It's become stale due to the lack of proper changes to the layout and theme throughout the past few years of the Terror Tram; with a tedious sense of doing the same thing over and over and over again for many that have went to the event (much like the definition of insanity..). Plus, we also have the Metro Sets since 2013 which have been starting to potentially be not enough space for an area like that with three mazes interlocked with eachother. 

Heck,I may have a legitimate reason for the Terror Tram to potentially depart is something that I have found possibly interesting. With the three mazes down there, they may want to mainly relocate a tent so that way; there may be a better flow around the metro sets in the sense of the line operations. In a sense, relocate the tent seen for Krampus/TWD/CP through the past few years up to a area next to the repair bay and house the line in the entire Studio Tour queue line and some bits of the load and unload sections. It wouldn't exactly need changing, besides some aspects to it; and it can hold a lot of individuals given the potential chance, depending on IP of-course.

Could that happen? Yes. It'd allow a much easier way to manage the flow of mazes throughout the park and to not just saturate one area with three mazes so close to eachother. And as for the case of the Upper lot, it's not like all the mazes that'd be there (WW Overflow, TWDA, potential Studio Tour location) would be close to eachother. Each would be separately but equally spreaded out to ease the flow all around. To me, that could actually be the most sound proof reason to why they may do that. Along with that, it could also allow more money to be put into the event to things that matter more in a sense with Terror Tram out of the way.

It's the way i see it personally, but it's my own opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chris.g
To be honest, It's become stale due to the lack of proper changes to the layout and theme throughout the past few years of the Terror Tram; with a tedious sense of doing the same thing over and over and over again for many that have went to the event (much like the definition of insanity..). Plus, we also have the Metro Sets since 2013 which have been starting to potentially be not enough space for an area like that with three mazes interlocked with eachother. 

Heck,I may have a legitimate reason for the Terror Tram to potentially depart is something that I have found possibly interesting. With the three mazes down there, they may want to mainly relocate a tent so that way; there may be a better flow around the metro sets in the sense of the line operations. In a sense, relocate the tent seen for Krampus/TWD/CP through the past few years up to a area next to the repair bay and house the line in the entire Studio Tour queue line and some bits of the load and unload sections. It wouldn't exactly need changing, besides some aspects to it; and it can hold a lot of individuals given the potential chance, depending on IP of-course.

Could that happen? Yes. It'd allow a much easier way to manage the flow of mazes throughout the park and to not just saturate one area with three mazes so close to eachother. And as for the case of the Upper lot, it's not like all the mazes that'd be there (WW Overflow, TWDA, potential Studio Tour location) would be close to eachother. Each would be separately but equally spreaded out to ease the flow all around. To me, that could actually be the most sound proof reason to why they may do that. Along with that, it could also allow more money to be put into the event to things that matter more in a sense with Terror Tram out of the way.

It's the way i see it personally, but it's my own opinion.

Sorry for a short response, but, you need to understand filming is constantly going on in the backlot. Hence why never get scare zones there. Only in the alley

In my own guessing, it'd be F13 as it hasn't even gone into production yet (although it's supposed to early next year).

Thinking about it, I'd say good locks at F13, Insidious and AHS; by a few reasons altogether. I am not sure on Saw as I have stated earlier as I think it has a legitimate chance to fail critically and audience wise. Alien though, would be an interesting IP to see back; only for to see Orlando and Hollywood take on the classic film itself (And elements from Covenant as-well); but that's just me on that.

Anything goes right now really. Saw: Legacy, Insidious 4, Friday the 13th, Alien: Covenant.... 

Anything goes, very true. I think AHS will be the new TWD at HHN. Would love to see and Alien Covenant maze! So sick of Insidious and never got to experience Saw. No matter what Murdy and his team decide. It will be another perfect year of HHN. 

Anything goes, very true. I think AHS will be the new TWD at HHN. Would love to see and Alien Covenant maze! So sick of Insidious and never got to experience Saw. No matter what Murdy and his team decide. It will be another perfect year of HHN. 

Considering the odds, Insidious has only been at the event for USH for two years (Orlando is one year short) {and, It's only been at the event for 2013 and 2015}. I would be interested to see a proper take on Alien outside of AvP as it could be great ways to bring back the Alien Queen and Xenomorphs (along with the new Neomorph). I know it was an IP that was pitched by both Murdy and Chris before AvP was considered, so it could be interesting to see what they can do with original concepts they had with the Alien IP before 2014's event.

Reactions: chris.g
I am not sure on Saw as I have stated earlier as I think it has a legitimate chance to fail critically and audience wise. 

Who's to say the maze is not going to be based off of Saw: Legacy, but rather THE Saw legacy?  ;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BernardMesa