Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

Some people have brought up Cabin Fever because of the lemonade scene (never seen Cabin Fever, just know about it through twitter thenngoogking the scene. Should probably watch it.) Seems like a bit of an obvious theory but then again sometimes the code names are pretty obvious 

Eh, I'm not super eager about it as that could mean anything. It's so vague, there's nothing for us to work with. 

I'll just wait until the substantial rumors come in and the announcements start. Until then, we'll get what we get. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hellraiser. 

In a way, I actually see this being the most likely IP that'd be much more..challenging than The Exorcist or even The Conjuring to an extent.

It's an IP that has a large fanbase regardless if you have been to Halloween Horror Nights before, has some material that's much more potentially controversial than The Exorcist and would be something that offers a lot of material for a multi-year contract of seeing Pinhead at the parks much more than The Exorcist and it's limited environments.

I honestly don't see it anything but Hellraiser. I could see it being incredibly complicated, but if excited right, coulee be extremely creative. 

The reason I think its Stranger Things is because in a Q and A Murdy said he'd never watched the show. By research he's going to have to watch the show over and over again. Its a very complicated thing to pull of a maze of that. To the point where I think they wouldn't be able to do it. Plus they need the rights from Netflix, who know how difficult that will be.

The reason I think its Stranger Things is because in a Q and A Murdy said he'd never watched the show. By research he's going to have to watch the show over and over again. Its a very complicated thing to pull of a maze of that. To the point where I think they wouldn't be able to do it. Plus they need the rights from Netflix, who know how difficult that will be.

If I was head of the teams for both USH and UOR's art department; I'd wait till the second season so there is more material that can be put.

I think Stranger Things for right now, does lack locations and that it can be expanded on with a future season with more material that can then be picked out. Hellraiser has multiple films (including a new one coming out I think this year), multiple vast locations, multiple moments they can pull out, and tons of characters that'd be problematic in how they'd handle it, it'd be a much bigger challenge than The Exorcist due to that.

The writing seems to be on the wall for Hellraiser at HHN atleast by this year for both Hollywood and Orlando as it makes sense in multiple aspects. It's something that is a much different challenge than Exorcist and is something that they can certainly headline at the event, which is saying a lot due to it's history.

One IP I do wonder though, is Childs Play. I think if they were to do something this year, it could make sense for it to be the TCM of Hollywood and Orlando in a sense, as it'd also be a simple way to market the new film while reusing multiple assets from previous years for the case of Hollywood. It's a mild observation; but it would make some sense on a financial and logistical standpoint, with it being an Universal Pictures IP.

We have our first code name of HHN 2017: Lemonade..

I guess I'm gonna have the connection that other people is having with this codename and say it's "The Mummy". What we know about the Maze is that it is:

. The Treatment is 119 Pages Long

. The Codename is "Lemonade"

. It's a film that hasn't come out yet.

There are two connections:

The Original Name of Lemonade is "Shikanjvi" and the earliest written evidence of it was in Egypt around AD 1000. In which we all know Mummies and Egypt go together hand in hand. While the trailer for "The Mummy" does look more of a action movie I do think the Maze will probably have more content in the movie. I think this is kinda like "Dracula Untold" where the movie looks more Action than horror but still becomes a Maze. Ultimately I hope it will not be like "Dracula Untold". And also "The Mummy" Venue and "The Mummy" so yeah.

Your going wayyyy to into this maze treatment.

. It's a film that hasn't come out yet.

You have know way of knowing that its a film that hasn't come out yet. Thats just your personal guess. If Murdy was going to do The Mummy it would be his own version of it. The maze wouldn't be based on a movie. Most likely.

Hmmm let me think, Lemonade. Oh wait, Cabin Fever those kids tried to serve kids lemonade to cops while they're at the crime scene. Cabin Fever seems very realistic because you know who created it, Eli Roth. Somebody I'm sure Murdy would love to team up again with.

Also, to the people thinking Stranger Things, I've done a personal treatment. Everything would work perfectly. The only part that is really difficult is the facade. How would you make a facade for Stranger Things. Then it hit me, the facade would be the entrance to the upside down.

You have know way of knowing that its a film that hasn't come out yet. Thats just your personal guess. If Murdy was going to do The Mummy it would be his own version of it. The maze wouldn't be based on a movie.

Actually, he does; if he is going off of the new 2017 Mummy reboot (that is coming out to theaters on June 9th, 2017; which would be around the plausible time for a maze announcement).

The thing when it comes to Murdy is that you have to look more deeper within the context of what he says sometimes when it comes to a certain house that he's working on for the event. Although there may be instances of where it's much more simpler to dissect what he's saying and to form a valid theory, that while may not be true now; it could be by the time the code name is announced to what it truly is.

It's funny that he actually points out the original name, as in a sense; that could be either an alluding to for the actual IP; or it could just be John being carny and wanting to hide the hidden truth to the house. Either way, it'll be fun to see what else is speculated on and is dissected from the codename and if there are any other details that he pulls out of his rabbit hat.

Also, to the people thinking Stranger Things, I've done a personal treatment. Everything would work perfectly. The only part that is really difficult is the facade. How would you make a facade for Stranger Things. Then it hit me, the facade would be the entrance to the upside down.

First one to nab the Stranger Things rights wins Halloween, period. It would make for an awesome HHN maze.

There are so many amazing Fx you could use. For example, stretch wall. Its a wall panel made with rubber. So the actors can press there faces against it and make it look like they're coming out of the wall. Sound familiar to any Stranger Things fans? Exactly....

I must add, when has Murdy ever said anything like Lemonade but in order to decode it you have to go back thousands of years. Never! He just says the word to either throw us off or its hidden in plain sight.

You have know way of knowing that its a film that hasn't come out yet. Thats just your personal guess. If Murdy was going to do The Mummy it would be his own version of it. The maze wouldn't be based on a movie. Most likely.

Hmmm let me think, Lemonade. Oh wait, Cabin Fever those kids tried to serve kids lemonade to cops while they're at the crime scene. Cabin Fever seems very realistic because you know who created it, Eli Roth. Somebody I'm sure Murdy would love to team up again with.

I wouldn't normally defend someone, but I feel there are some things to be said here. First I think you mean he's looking way too much into the codename not maze treatment, there's a big difference especially regarding your point. It seems to me that you feel that you solved the case here with Cabin Fever, and while since it connects it's not out of the realm of possibility, this is a speculation and discussion forum, people can look into things as much as they want and they can throw their ideas out as they please. When I read your Cabin Fever explanation, I got a d-bag vibe from you, it's like you were explaining it to a child because they weren't on the same intelligence level as you. Like I said, while it may be Cabin Fever, we can't start being definitive on anything till hints come out, code names almost never automatically give us a house it's the hints.

You are right about it not being a film that hasn't come out yet, I haven't seen anything from Murdy that said it was.

p.s. why wouldn't the stranger things facade be the Byers house

p.s. why wouldn't the stranger things facade be the Byers house

Went through all the possible facades and the one that was most ominous looking and was the most creative was the opening to the upside down. The maze would work next to Mels Diner or next to Mummy. Any where else the facade wouldn't work and would have to be a house of some sort. My bad for saying maze treatment instead of code. I'm taking what he has said in past experience. The reason I think he is wrong about his guess on Mummy is because some of you may know Murdy worked on The Mummy ride. I feel like making that maze would be a blast from the past for Murdy and he would want to do a new concept.

This entire "argument" is about an educated guess. So we should just drop it. Another thing I should add. Murdy could be talking ScareZone not a maze. I know its called a Maze Treatment. But thats just a thought....

More on Stranger Things the maze would be a lot like AVP. Most of the scenes would be outdoor. You could have a ton of fun with puppetry and Fx. The trick of how to do the maze is don't show the kids. You are walking through the maze POV of the kids. The maze could lead up to the Demegorgan or just show him in the first scene. 

P.S Such a d-bag thing to say I'm not trying to sound like one but HHNManics nice instagram