Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

I'm genuinely curious how the maze would lead up to the demagorgon since I would consider that to be the only real character to work with, maybe they could use government people but that's like a one room thing. I still don't think Stranger Things should come this year

Well, didn't Murdy have access to TWD episodes in advance to study as they would be out by the event starts? The Duffer Brothers have alluded that S2 (which comes out this summer) will have more monsters, therefore more to work with. Plus the Exorcist really only has one character to work with and they made that maze work really well.

The Exorcist only happened and worked well because it was Murdys passion project, we're not even sure if Murdy has seen the show yet. Plus I think Exorcist wasn't repetitive because of what they did with the transition scenes and I dont see how they could do that for Stranger Things.

The Exorcist only happened and worked well because it was Murdys passion project, we're not even sure if Murdy has seen the show yet. Plus I think Exorcist wasn't repetitive because of what they did with the transition scenes and I dont see how they could do that for Stranger Things.

I highly doubt he's seen Stranger Things. But, due to the popularity and the amount of people that will come just to see that maze will be through the roof. Another thing may I add. In order to see Stranger Things maze you have to see every maze and change it a little. You also take every scene thats not there but happened. If that makes any sense, its hard to explain. Theres a small handful of iconic scenes that they can do and an even bigger handful of stuff that the Duffer Brothers have up their sleeves that they can do for this maze. 

This has probably been tossed around a bit but what are the chances of a Killer Klowns from Outer Space maze showing up at the event? 

In Between like 50%. Probably not this year though. Michael loves this Property so if anything Orlando would get it first or it would be shared. But betting right now that it would be a 3D Maze because it seems like something Murdy would want to turn into 3D Maze. And if done right with it being Goofy and Scary it could actually be a really good maze.

In Between like 50%. Probably not this year though. Michael loves this Property so if anything Orlando would get it first or it would be shared. But betting right now that it would be a 3D Maze because it seems like something Murdy would want to turn into 3D Maze. And if done right with it being Goofy and Scary it could actually be a really good maze.

Yeah Yeah, I would really dig a 3D maze! I think it would fit the aesthetic of the whole movie and it's characters. I can definitely see it as a shared house because of it's popularity.  I think This is The End left everyone with a bad taste in their mouth in regards to 3D houses. There's a lot of material to work with when it comes to being goofy and scary.

If it's called a maze treatment then I think it's pretty clear that it's for a maze. he wouldn't write 100 plus pages for a scarezone treatment if scarezones even get treatments

HaHa... I said possibility. Also, your wrong The Purge scare zone was well over 100. So to the people that liked that post, hate to tell you otherwise. Yes, they do get treatments. Its not quite as complicated for scare zones as it is for mazes though.

Last edited by a moderator:
:(, I personally like them but I can definitely see why people don't really enjoy them or don't want Universal to make anymore.

The reason I don't think they'll do space clowns is because Clowns 3D is so similar. The main reason I think they won't do another 3D is because the effect never fully worked. People kept dropping them because they didn't fit. I just don't think there is a point in having a 3D effect unless there is a really good reason to do it.

The reason I don't think they'll do space clowns is because Clowns 3D is so similar. The main reason I think they won't do another 3D is because the effect never fully worked. People kept dropping them because they didn't fit. I just don't think there is a point in having a 3D effect unless there is a really good reason to do it.

I see what you mean about the 3D effect and the similarities between Clowns 3D. Although, the aesthetic for the maze I had mentioned earlier could be changed (in terms of the bright colors) They could also have it take place in the forest,their spaceship, the neighborhood and finally the funhouse similar to the movie. 

HaHa... I said possibility. Also, your wrong The Purge scare zone was well over 100. So to the people that liked that post, hate to tell you otherwise. Yes, they do get treatments. Its not quite as complicated for scare zones as it is for mazes though.

I can't remember John ever saying that The Gauntlet got a treatment. The only treatments I remember him talking about were mazes and terror tram. I would assume that scarezones do get treatments but if they're not as complicated for a maze why would it be longer than some maze treatments? But back to the main point. John talked about Lemonade being a maze treatment, when he talks about the terror tram treatment he calls it the terror tram treatment, I'm sure if he ever did talk about scarezone treatments he'd call them the scarezone treatment

I can't remember John ever saying that The Gauntlet got a treatment. The only treatments I remember him talking about were mazes and terror tram. I would assume that scarezones do get treatments but if they're not as complicated for a maze why would it be longer than some maze treatments? But back to the main point. John talked about Lemonade being a maze treatment, when he talks about the terror tram treatment he calls it the terror tram treatment, I'm sure if he ever did talk about scarezone treatments he'd call them the scarezone treatment

He never said it got a treatment but, it got one. I said it was just a thought. He could trick us with that but thats not like John. SCARE ZONES DO GET TREATMENTS. Especially the gauntlet and the purge. Every detail just like in a maze is thought out carefully. This will be the last thing I say towards this "argument" its a waste of time. I said and I quote "I know its called a Maze Treatment. BUT THATS JUST A THOUGHT...." 

He never said it got a treatment but, it got one.

How would you know it was over 100 pages when John never even said it got one. A lot of mazes don't even get to 100 pages in their treatments

How would you know it was over 100 pages when John never even said it got one. A lot of mazes don't even get to 100 pages in their treatments

How do I know? Because I just know. A scare zone that takes over the entire park every costume, mask, prop, and set was written down. Thats PART of what a treatment is. 

At least one maze gets to 100 pages a year.