HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2013 | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm just curious, but are wait times usually this low into the game?

Here are tonight's wait times, and this includes the steep discount given to annual pass holders:

UPPER LOT

El Cucuy - 20 min

Terror Tram - 10 min

Monsters Remix - 10 min

Bill & Ted - 9:15 PM

Simpsons - 20 min

LOWER LOT

Insidious - 45 min

Evil Dead - 20 min

Transformers - 45 min

Revenge of the Mummy - 25 min

Jurassic Park - 10 min

BACKLOT

Walking Dead - 40 min

Oh, and we just published some photos alongside some commentary from this year's Universal Monsters Remix: Resurrection: http://insideuniversal.net/2013/09/universal-monsters-remix-resurrection-2013/

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to report El Cucuy has changed my mind. They added story signs in the line with a clear narration from Danny Trejo. The empty corridor has now a El Cucuy in it which tricked us into thinking it was a universal employee (Well played El Cucuy well played). They added more scare actors who to their credit were more on the ball as to their timing which was great. Definitely an improvement since opening day.

I'm just curious, but are wait times usually this low into the game?

Here are tonight's wait times, and this includes the steep discount given to annual pass holders:

UPPER LOT

El Cucuy - 20 min

Terror Tram - 10 min

Monsters Remix - 10 min

Bill & Ted - 9:15 PM

Simpsons - 20 min

LOWER LOT

Insidious - 45 min

Evil Dead - 20 min

Transformers - 45 min

Revenge of the Mummy - 25 min

Jurassic Park - 10 min

BACKLOT

Walking Dead - 40 min

Oh, and we just published some photos alongside some commentary from this year's Universal Monsters Remix: Resurrection: http://insideuniversal.net/2013/09/universal-monsters-remix-resurrection-2013/
I was completely surprised by that myself. I was able to do everything but the Black Sabbath maze. I asked one of the workers at the Terror Tram(which I got to walk right on because there was literally no one in line) why everything was so short and she just said that it was a Friday not n October. 

No line whatsoever for Terror Tram when I went yesterday. It felt odd 
9991564265_4a6856d61b_c.jpg

Hmm, that's unusual.

Maybe it's still too early to gauge the popularity of this year's event, but opening weekend was also strangely empty - at least relative to previous years.

It's the backlot. Both that and the lower lot, which contain the most popular mazes, are insanely packed this year... Terror Tram, due to its now godawful location is just empty as hell.

Reactions: BernardMesa
It's the backlot. Both that and the lower lot, which contain the most popular mazes, are insanely packed this year... Terror Tram, due to its now godawful location is just empty as hell.
That location is extremely tired; it has been long so since 2010. They desperately need a new location. There's all sorts of great locations they can use for the new Terror Tram that I can't imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get. Even if one of the following options were to be out due to filming, I think there's a good chance at least another would be open.

-Ranch House/Firefly House with the long dirt trail that leads to the abandoned tram stop. THAT would be really cool. 

-Little Europe. I heard a rumor that this was in consideration for this year.

-Amity Island, Six Points Texas, and the Mexican Village.

-Westeria Lane/Elm Street. It would be a really long and really cool Terror Tram. Now that Housewives is (Finally) off the air, this might be more likely.

Again, even if some of those locations are used, there's a good chance at least one of those venues will be available. Just thinking about this makes me kind of upset. I don't see why it's so hard to finally get a new location!

Reactions: alexvstorace
I went again on Saturday. Major changes to Bill and Ted. A Miley scene that is hysterical and got a huge audience reaction, an "encore" with some great pyro effects on those moving lights and a whole new ending.

For reference, here's Knott's full Hanging show (of course a warning that the show is pretty lewd and NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iisPjXU97Q

It's much better than Bill & Ted, has a great self-effacing approach and seems to be aiming for a bit more of a... how do you say, a nerdier, wiser crowd. For instance, Universal didn't even touch the Disney/Star Wars stuff, whereas Knott's spends an entire five minutes on it. Likewise, there's a reference to Breaking Bad in there as well. (this I wanted desperately in B&T) 

Also, the plot is just as wishy-washy and yeah it drags but focusing on the stunt show aspects just makes it inherently simpler, as well as the tiered approach and general idea of knowing exactly how it's going to end.

In addition, I love the fact that they play "Best of Both Worlds" after the show is over. So dark.

Oh, and if you want, skip to around the six minute mark for a great stab at Universal.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Disney bit is great.

The Hanging comes off as much more current. It seems Uni is scared to offend and Knotts relishes that. Uni never touches Disney at all. I like that the gags come fast and often; if somethng doesn’t work it doesn’t matter because there is another one right away. Bill and Ted tends to do longer scenes.

The writing is more clever; Bill and Ted do “What does the Fox say”, Hanging does “What does the Wolverine say”. I like the fights in the Hanging. In Bill and Ted a Hit Girl/Dora fight is set up but nothing happens. A very different show, for sure.