1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2014

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 2015 & Earlier' started by Alexshow., Jan 16, 2014.

1. Jon Fu

Jon Fu Editor-in-Chief Emeritus Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
  2. Bonkers

Bonkers Rookie

3. Aaron

Aaron Member

While I do think there are certain limits a scare actor can go before taking it too far, there are signs EVERYWHERE in the park and on the website that specifically say "Warning: This Event is not recommended for Children under the age of 13." If you allow your 13-year old daughters to visit what is mostly an adult oriented event, that's on you... not Universal Studios.

Freak, Ryan, William and 1 other person like this.
  4. Allen The Actor

Allen The Actor Allen The Actor BANNED

The parents of the girls are morons for letting them attend HHN. Simple as that. It's an adult/mature event. There's creatures eating guts of their victims and a demonic Santa walking around. But some cussing is gonna bother you?

Morons...

Next year the scare actors and performers are only gonna be allowed to say "poopy face, newb, butthead, meany, etc"

5. Jon Fu

Universal can do two things: set a hard age limit and be more blunt about the event's sexual nature, or dumb their content down. This type of controversy will continue to repeat itself as long as the event stays the same.

6. Allen The Actor

I'd rather they set the age at 16 or 17, like a rated r movie.

Or not allow someone under 16 come in without someone 18 or older. I love how one of the girls said "it's not something you expect to hear at an amusement park." Um....you're at a separate admission adult event. Shut.Up.

I wish Universal grew a pair and said "While we regret that our guests got offended at our park, the event that they attended was an adult event that specifically stated that it's not recommended for anyone 13 or younger and to proceed with caution if easily offended by crude humor or graphic violence. This was not a family friendly event they attended, similar to a 13 year old seeing a Rated R movie."

TCox91 likes this.
  7. Jon Fu

This is tiresome, and I blame Universal for not stepping up. History repeats itself, and the average guest isn't going to change. Either you ignore these complaints completely (which they haven't done), or you enact actual changes.

Universal has done neither, so there's no sympathy from me. They haven't learned from their mistakes.

Ryan likes this.
  8. Allen The Actor

(And for the record, I'll get backlash for this, but with how 13 year olds act nowadays, the word they got called was...well, nvm. You know where I'm going with that. I doubt the performer completely randomly said that word. We also didn't see the full encounter on video. Ok I'll go back to my corner now)

Would a simple/legal fix be

"You are now entering an adult event, with crude humor, adult language, and graphic violence. If you are easily offended, don't enter. If you do, and get offended, you're at fault, as we warned you."?

Nah...too logical.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    Ryan, Bonkers and Aaron like this.
  9. William

William Veteran Member

May I also point out that the uneducated mothers thought their daughters were being auctioned off as prostitutes? They were involuntarily chosen for a makeshift show mirroring the death auctions from The Purge: Anarchy, and no one is actually bidding on anything.

If HHN can be described in one word, it would be "crude." Parents need to educate themselves before sending their children off in hopes of a pleasant night.

Allen The Actor and BernardMesa like this.
  10. Bonkers

Bonkers Rookie

I'm fine with an age limit that is 16+, and an announcement before the event starts that says...

I also wouldn't mind some posters or signs at the entrance that warn people about the event.

11. Alexshow.

Alexshow. Veteran Member

I would like to see a age limit... when people turn 15 can be at the event and...it will never happen due to they'd lose a good amount of people.

12. Ryan

Ryan Staff Member Moderator

I had a really angry post written here but it got deleted by accident. So yeah, bullet points:

-Los Angeles sucks.

-Universal PR sucks and are cowards.

-Larry Kurtzwell is a coward.

-Goodbye HHN entertainment, forever.

-Streisand effect right here. Those 20 to 30 people that night don't remember those girls being called sluts, but now everyone does. Good going, offended parents for "protecting their reputation".

Boo to all involved, I say.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    Alexshow., Freak, William and 2 others like this.
  13. Chris

Chris Veteran Member

These announcements and signs were all over the Bill and Ted show.  Why aren't they posted at the main gate.

Parents: Stop using a theme park as a babysitter!

I would never allow my 13 year old to attend HHN.

Bonkers and Ryan like this.
  14. Ryan

These lyrics from the South Park movie (which, if you did not know, is about parents foolishly letting their 8-year-olds see a Canadian R-rated movie and then get offended when they start all cursing, and wage war with Canada in response) are about 15 years old, but still extremely relevant: 

"The smut we must cut

The trash we must bash

The laughter and fun must all be undone

We must blame them and cause a fuss

Before somebody thinks of blaming us!"

Bonkers likes this.
  15. ItsAtrap

ItsAtrap Rookie

To me the key to this incident is Gloria Allred. She specializes in promoting herself by "helping" the offended. I LOVE Allred's suggestion for what should be posted,

"Parents beware. Your daughter is about to enter Universal Studios for Halloween Horror Night.

While on our property your daughter, who may be as young as 13 years old, may be called a 'slut,'

a 'whore' or a 'hooker' by Universal employees. Proceed at your own risk."

I would add, "..and don't hire a lawyer when you choose to ignore this warning. All name calling

is done in fun and in the spirit of this adult event."

Some poor employee is going to loose their low wage temp job. 

16. Aaron

Aaron Member

Someone at the Park tweeted that Universal has removed the Purge Auctioneer and the Stage from the Purge Anarchy Scarezone.  <_<

17. Allen The Actor

*sigh* just get rid of HHN all together then. It's always gonna offend someone...

18. k_peek_2000

k_peek_2000 Veteran Member

I'm having a real tough time standing behind Universal on this. If they can't get a back bone and stand behind their product. I'll go to Knott's who actually does.

Freak, TCox91 and Ryan like this.
  19. William

William Veteran Member

??? That was the only element of the scarezone that made it different from the others, and it was a brilliant addition. Instead of recasting the role of the auctioneer and giving them a firm talking to, they scrap the idea as a whole? BS.

Allen The Actor and BernardMesa like this.
  20. Ryan

Of course.

Don't expect it back next year, either!

And by that... I probably mean the event. Larry's under his desk right now sucking his thumb wailing, "MAKE THE MAD PEOPLE GO AWAAAAYYYYY!!" to his PR staff under the delusional idea that there are protesters outside. Instead it's just a bunch of people shrugging going, "Hey dude, when's HHN coming back?"

Freak, William, BernardMesa and 2 others like this.