HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ That's awesome! Now that I think of it, I could definitely see a maze based off of it, especially 10's adventures. That would be awesome. Series 9 has some good monsters to work off of as well (last night's for example was pretty spooky). I would definitely like to see Universal take a crack at it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god... here is a maze mash-up nightmare to fear.... "TWD" & "Insidious".... why am I mentioning this, because apparently during tonight's episode of TWD, at the beginning of the episode they play the song "Tip Toe Through the Tulips" :lol:  So for those that watch TWD, enjoy.

"Insidious: More Dead Than Ever"...

Reactions: E.T Fan 18
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...

Anyway....

So I saw "KRAMPUS" last night... it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but at the same time it was. Eitherway, it was a great movie. Hilarious & scary. It could've been better, but I enjoyed it. With being said... I found myself sitting there a few times with HHN crossing my brain. A few things reminded me of stuff we've seen in the Dark Xmas scarezone the past two years, other stuff that screamed HHN material. So yea... everyone needs to see this movie, get your friends to see it, and then pester Murdy mercilessly to bring this movie to HHN as a maze for 2016!

So much potential... with room for some creative freedom.. IT. NEEDS. TO. HAPPEN. (as early as HHN 2015... that year is not a typo btw)

Reactions: Joey and Stylowtrix
^ Got some bad news... it probably won't. Apparently, it's not very high on Murdy's list of properties he wants to bring to the park. 

If Krampus is not high on Murdy's list... then he needs to retire, I'm curious to know how many people actually cheered with excitement when he said he'd be staying... I'm sorry, but the event needs a new creative director AND an actual team like Orlando made up of 5+ people... Of course USH's event also needs to grow its balls back instead of cowering to every little complaint that is made by the overly-sensitive/easily offended guests.

As for Krampus... the Jack-in-the-box that ate the kids pretty much made me think of the NOES Freddy & La Llorona giant heads that would eat their victim in their respective mazes. I've only seen those scenes in pics/video, but yea.. that jack-in-the-box scene made me think of that. So an effect that's can be/been done!

Reactions: Stylowtrix
As much as I know people will be pissed at Murdy if he doesn't do this IP, I am fine with it..only if what I hope is to happen, that Murdy is going for another IP that Doughtry has done instead of Krampus. But, we'll see what happens, if its a huge hit financially, I could see Comcast pushing Murdy to do Krampus.

^ Got some bad news... it probably won't. Apparently, it's not very high on Murdy's list of properties he wants to bring to the park.
Dark Christmas has been an extremely popular scare zone for the past two years. That's the reason it returned, popular demand. It would be such a STUPID move on Murdy's part because obviously there is a pretty big audience that wants this at HNN, myself included haha.

You don't have to be all dodgy with the IP there Alex :lol:  We all know that its "Trick R Treat", but the thing is, we will NOT be getting Trick R Treat 2 in theaters next year, so if they want to capitalize on that, they'll have to wait until 2017....

However, I don't see why we can't have BOTH... I mean, Trick R Treat can be vomited all over the park as atmosFEAR.. you know, giving HHN Hollywood, that actual "Halloween feel" it has sort've severely lacked... Krampus is popular/NEW & people want it. Trick R Treat is great, and people have wanted it since 2008. No reason there isn't room for both.

But I still stand by the fact that Crimson Peak should've NEVER been considered and Krampus should've been a maze this year instead.

Let's put it this way, with the exception of a few TV IP's, I wouldn't expect anything recent (as far as movies go) to come as a maze next year for HHN. I would be INCREDIBLY surprised if I saw Krampus as a maze next year. 

If they want to go for a TV property, they really should obtain MTV's Teen Wolf which is amazing, incredibly popular, currently on its 5th season and can provide a plethora of maze content as far as monsters go... If HHN can do Buffy/Angel: Hellmouth Haunt in 2000, then we can sure as hell do Teen Wolf now :lol:

I'd be curious to know what other TV property they could be considering that doesn't involve zombies or is AHS..

Oh yea... so Orlando apparently already has their 1st house concept for 2016 near completion & its an original. Can we say we have our 1st maze concept of 2016 near completion too if it will infact be Freddy vs Jason!? :ph34r:

From what it seems; Development is going faster than last year, as John is apparently gunning to have the short list for HHN2016 by the end of next week.

Just saw Krampus tonight. Interesting movie, lots of maze potential. I won't spoil anything, but there were certain locations and scenes in the film that I think could translate really well into a HHN maze.

Saw Krampus and I really enjoyed it! Although I did notice some things that could translate into a house, I would rather that Murdy design a completely original Dark Christmas house. Murdy would have far more creative freedom to work with.

Hey, first time posting here, but I've been on nightmares for the last couple years.

I just saw Krampus, and I thought it was fucking amazing, everything I wanted and more. It absolutely needs to come this year. They have plenty of characters and some environments to work with, I see some creative liberties being taken, the only problem I see is them making it cold. I can't remember if the thing was cold or not, and I don't see our only soundstage going to Krampus, but I'm sure they'll pull it off.

They made it cold for parts of the Clowns maze in 2014 and that wasn't a soundstage so I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to apply that to an entire maze.

Reactions: DeliciousOatmeal
Preparations for HHN 2016 have begun in the Metro sets.. Can't wait for construction to begin :p :ph34r:

UNKNOWN IP MAZE

kLqUZrY.jpg

PURGE: URBAN NIGHTMARE 2.0

80uKUYR.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist while on the Studio Tour yesterday haha

Okay in all seriousness, who knows, maybe next year we could have a second soundstage or indoor maze location that can provide an icy temperature. Probably not, but I'm sure its not entirely out of the question.... Because if the new "PETS" ride is going to open in 2017 and will actually be built in the former SS28 location, then that means we can expect ANOTHER new maze location. Ugh, it makes my stomach turn just thinking that TWD was the first/last maze on the former home of Phantom of the Opera instead of the Classic Monsters :angry: