HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know we all know The Purge will be Terror Tram once again.... however... I learned of a cool "easter egg" in the new Krampus movie that I forgot to post about earlier this morning...

Apparently, one of the snowglobes at the end of the movie has the Bates Motel inside of it. So my brain kicked in with a fun idea of the Terror Tram getting a Dark Xmas/Krampus overlay... I'd love a maze for Krampus... but when I started to think about it, a Terror Tram overlay would be so much fun. Too bad we're getting the Purge... :(

From the HHN Twitter:

OBvvntu.jpg

Also, Murdy saw Krampus the other day... hopefully that turns out good for us. Plus it did well at the box office & has positive feedback from everyone who has seen it. And the HHN Orlando fanboys have also been begging for it to be used at HHN next year. *FINGERS CROSSED*

Well to be fair Brover, they did fail to cash-in on the Jurassic World craze with an "original" concept JP maze like Orlando did back in 2002 with "Project EVILution" & the "JP Extinction" SZ... Obviously the SZ would be a "no go" due to the lack of a lush tropical jungle "island" like at IOA, we still have the perfect location for a maze... Insidious would've just had to be relocated.

So while Krampus is a huge hit as a film & Dark Xmas has been a 2-year hit as a SZ... this is Universal we're talking about :lol:

I'm sure Freddy vs Jason is on that short list (Thank you Orlando).

I feel like Murdy's recent tweets have been giving off hints for his short list. He said the word PURGE in all caps in his 2 past tweets, he posted a picture of some old Alice Cooper maze notes (alluding to the final installment in the trilogy?), and an old 2008 NOES pin (FvJ?).

Reactions: chris.g
With Purge 3 coming out next year, that is a given "confirmed". Totally forgot about it. I'm sure that will most likely be the Terror Tram once again. While I enjoy the Purge SZ, if we're getting it as the Terror Tram again (which basically is just one long SZ without enough scareactors), I'd rather see a new SZ in the Metro Sets than the Purge again. OR... purge The Purge from the Terror Tram & keep the SZ...

The event could really benefit from having more variety rather than duplicating content for mazes/streets just because its "cheaper". If a SZ can be created that ties into a maze that is located next to it, that is entirely different. ...Still would love to see a Krampus/Dark Xmas Terror Tram :p

I have issues with the notion that everything has to be "horror based" for it to be considered for HHN. Orlando has done a multitude of "non-horror" based concepts & turned them into something scary. After this many years, we all should know that anything can be made scary.

Of course it also has to be done well, but that is a totally different conversation entirely lol

Murdy tweeted that he met on some TV properties, and that if everything falls through with his proposed maze slate that it will be a hell of a lineup. AHS or Ash vs. Evil Dead anyone? Very intriguing stuff. 10 and a half months away, and I'm already excited.

^ No. I've actually heard of the TV properties that may potentially come next year and I gotta say - I don't mind, especially being a huge fan of one of the properties as a comic! Hopefully the one I'm hearing will come true. 

Reactions: Alexshow.
^ No. I've actually heard of the TV properties that may potentially come next year and I gotta say - I don't mind, especially being a huge fan of one of the properties as a comic! Hopefully the one I'm hearing will come true. 
I'd be curious to know if this is the case, but is that Comic a TV Ip yet or no? Because if not, then things can get real interesting.

^ It is an IP, however, I would not suspect Murdy (if he's smart that is) limits it to the boundaries of its TV counterpart. If it follows the route of its roots, boy would I PRAISE Murdy next year! 

^ It is an IP, however, I would not suspect Murdy (if he's smart that is) limits it to the boundaries of its TV counterpart. If it follows the route of its roots, boy would I PRAISE Murdy next year! 
The Strain? or maybe Empire of the Dead? 

also not going to lie, I'm kinda hoping Scream Queens is on that TV list. Would make for a pretty good comedy house and it has the star power Murdy seems to go after every year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess would have to be "Preacher"... as that will be airing on AMC, which Universal already has a working relationship with due to TWD....

Would've said "Constantine" since it WAS on NBC, but that show was cancelled and the character now randomly makes cameos on the existing CW DC shows... so yea... is the TV IP comic you're referring to "Preacher"?

also... Seth Rogan is the executive producer of the show.... and as we know, Murdy worked with him for this year's TITE maze... sooo yea.

Last edited by a moderator: