Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

^^ Yeah, it's Preacher. I LOVED it as a series and once I heard the rumor, all I could do is cross my fingers. Then again, you never know how things will transition on screen (but I'm hearing Rogan is being pretty faithful). If Murdy does choose to go with this, and executes it well, hats off to him. However if he doesn't... I just don't know how I will flip. 

Constantine would make for an amazing maze too, though. Hellblazer is crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope AHS eventually makes its way to Horror Nights. It's perfect for it. And they're constantly puting it on surveys asking what properties we would like to see join the event.

Yeah the sets would be incredible if they chose to do Hotel. My preference would be for them to do a mash-up of all the seasons but I won't complain if they just choose one of them.

Murdy's tweeting out the first hints for HHN 2016. The short list of mazes do not contain the following three letters: Z, Q, B

And E is the most frequent letter, appearing 20 times on the list. 

Murdy tweeted a picture, where behind the main focal point, there is a list with how many times each letter is used. It stops at Q though.

Murdy tweeted a picture, where behind the main focal point, there is a list with how many times each letter is used. It stops at Q though.
The letter J appears twice...I cant think of any other thing that would have J in it besides Jurassic World...

Everyone's quick to jump on the Jurassic World assumption, lol. But yeah it's most likely Freddy vs. Jason... The other property I'd speculate going into consideration would be The Conjuring. 

As of right now, I see this thanks to Johns photo..

K: 3 Times (people REALLY want something that could Kramp the style)

A: 15 Times (Ooo, it seems that we hit a triple, I would wonder what people want out of it that in a way has two ways of being American..)

F/J: 2 Times (Two strikes..and it would be safe to assume something)

H: 10? Times (From a rough look, it seems that ten are on this..which, can bring some interesting possibilitys

N: 9 Times (A Nightmare may be in order for this..or maybe its somewhere else here)

Its interesting that he blocked out all the letters after Q (It could mean that these are the highly said. And from what it seems, E is the one that's the highest out of them all, so who knows; it could be a sign that people are hoping that something Evil comes back.

For T..i can think of a few IPs that could work..

~The Conjuring

~The Walking Dead

~The Last of Us (wishful hope, but it starts with a T)

~Trick R Treat (ah, one of Murdys dream IPs..)

Despite the odds, I personally have a strong feeling that American Horror Story is on the short list. Everyone wants it at the event.

Despite the odds, I personally have a strong feeling that American Horror Story is on the short list. Everyone wants it at the event.
Hence, why I gave a little nod to it when I mentioned some American legends, (AHS and Alice are these two that i'm having a good feeling).

I'd expect Alice Cooper to return to complete the trilogy honestly.
I agree with you whole-heartingly, especially due to that it is a highly requested thing also with the HHN community for Hollywood.

Give me Killer Klownz from Outer Space :p

Okay... so I haven't really stayed on top of HHN's twitter page... so I'm a little confused by this whole multiple letter thing.. Are these letters appearing so many times via the IPs Murdy has on his list of 12? Sorry, its been a busy weekend/day for me & I have to work tomorrow so I'm just kinda :unsure: :wacko:  & tired right now haha... just dumb it down to a pre-school level.. that'd be great ;)

^ These letters make up names that are potential IP's he will bring next year. Z, Q, and B are letters that do NOT make up any of the names of the IP's Murdy is interested in next year. The letter E is the most frequent however. 

Sadly BioShock won't be on the list. Oh well.

But The Evil Within is still fair game. (Probably not on the list but don't kill my dreams)

Ah okay. Well I'd say since we got "AWIL" (a 1980s movie) last year, "This is the End" (a 2013 movie) this year & FvsJ (a 2003 movie) is highly likely next year, it doesn't exactly limit the IP options.. It will be interesting to see this "final list".

Also.. no "z"???... damn... I was really hoping for a "Zombeavers" maze! :(

Is this the earliest he's ever started doling out hints? This kind of discussion makes me feel like I've somehow skipped ahead in time.

The fact that they seem to be nabbing the IPs as early as now makes me think that many are probably paying top dollar to get in, and that Potter will be open during HHN. Realistically, HHN would do great attendance without Potter but I think companies really want their name attached alongside what will be SoCal's top tourist destination next year. Day crowds will be just as intense in 2016... don't be surprised if USH finally makes some changes to what day guests see in October.