HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is this the earliest he's ever started doling out hints? This kind of discussion makes me feel like I've somehow skipped ahead in time.

The fact that they seem to be nabbing the IPs as early as now makes me think that many are probably paying top dollar to get in, and that Potter will be open during HHN. Realistically, HHN would do great attendance without Potter but I think companies really want their name attached alongside what will be SoCal's top tourist destination next year. Day crowds will be just as intense in 2016... don't be surprised if USH finally makes some changes to what day guests see in October.
Its certainly the fastest that the entire HHN Hollywood team has gotten to get the properties. I am interested to see how the rest of the year goes if he updates on the short list getting down to its intended final cut..

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Don't forget the possibility that a maze will return to the HoH replacement building. I'm thinking two on the Upper Lot (without Terror Tram), 5 on the lower Lot. 

Reactions: Alexshow.
^ Totally forgot about that, Yeah I see where you're coming from now. Unless we have a new tram drop off location, I could still see the possibility of a 7th maze happening.

Reactions: Alexshow.
Do you think there will be a scarezone (or maybe even a maze, don't know where it could fit though) in Hogsmeade somewhere? I still think a Dementor/Death Eater zone would be amazing.

Do you think there will be a scarezone (or maybe even a maze, don't know where it could fit though) in Hogsmeade somewhere? I still think a Dementor/Death Eater zone would be amazing.
I think the chances of that EVER happening for Hollywood and Orlando are straight forward none. Which in all honesty; is a shame, considering what you could do with the IP.

Anyone else pondering where they will place mazes this year? I'm really interested in how the park's capacity with Potter will affect their ability to use the extended queues. Sure Jurassic and Mummy don't utilize their extended queues during a normal end of summer... but this will be the summer of Potter. I could see the backlot nook and crannies being utilized fully. Wish they could gain access to the former tram stop just to the left of Kong. They could easily fit two mazes and possibly a scare zone and food truck of some sort in that space. I know Parenthood was always holding John away from the area in the past... it's over now...

Well on the upper lot we have the possibility of the haunt entertainment in the replacement HOH area, and Parisian Courtyard

Lower lot we have Mummyy and JP extended queues

Backlot there's the metro sets and 747. Doesn't seem like anything will interfere with WWOHP

Well on the upper lot we have the possibility of the haunt entertainment in the replacement HOH area, and Parisian Courtyard

Lower lot we have Mummyy and JP extended queues

Backlot there's the metro sets and 747. Doesn't seem like anything will interfere with WWOHP
I have a feeling that it goes the other way around that Horror Nights gets interfered, Not WWoHP.

I think that a budget upgrade is imminent and with it, will bring more things to the table, including possibly another show and more of a budget for the houses. Which leads me to think that 7 houses is not in the cards, atleast until they can get another Soundstage for use (which I highly doubt).

Atleast, this is what i'm starting to think now, and it's going to be interesting to see what we hear, as last years event seems to be much more successful than it has been for the Horror Nights past on this coast.

At least last year had a show... and the final two nights, more entertainment- "academy of villains", light-up drummers, & the daytime dancing vampires (who also got in some scares after each performance)... So it'd be nice if this year's event emulated the two "After Party" nights.

I

Reactions: Aaron
We won't ever see HHN reach inside Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I can't say exact terms but I'd imagine WB and J.K don't want the property image affiliated with an intense halloween event like HHN. This doesn't mean the land can't be open during the event. 

Reactions: chris.g
Hey did anybody hear that guillermo del toro might be directing the new Disney haunted mansion movie Since hhn already did crimson peak could it ever happen that hhn has a haunted mansion maze even though Disney has its own ride Just a wild speculation to put out there

Reactions: UniversalSicard
Hey did anybody hear that guillermo del toro might be directing the new Disney haunted mansion movie Since hhn already did crimson peak could it ever happen that hhn has a haunted mansion maze even though Disney has its own ride Just a wild speculation to put out there
First off, that's old news, and that project has been in development hell for a number of years now.

Second...you're suggesting a Haunted Mansion/Disney maze at Universal....really? To answer your question: no.

A pardody of Haunted Mansion? Sure, why not.

Reactions: chris.g
It always makes me laugh about the WWOHP being tainted by Universal's dark magic known as HHN... especially considering how much scary content the Potter-verse contains. I mean seriously... pump a little fog into Hogsmeade & let some Dementors loose... although even if HHN didn't exist, they should do this anyway at night :p

Give those Dementors heelys so they can "glide/float" through Hogsmeade with ease (Orlando did it with The Gentlemen aka-Body Collectors for their 2008 "Streets of Blood" SZ) B)

As for a Haunted Mansion parody maze... That's pretty much what we considered 2010's "Legendary Truth: Wyandot Estate" house to be, although it was less parody and more spooky fun with great scares. It was a black-lit house (scareactors had white masks) that really relied on timing to be effective, but man when you went through and got those scares, it was great. Although the budget cut finale left something to be desired lol... We pretty much called the house Universal's Haunted Mansion. :)

It's a Disney copyright property. You won't see it in universal as much as you wouldn't see a Star Wars ride there.