Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

...Just a Teenny, Tiny little update, from @HorrorNights..

HHN USH 2016 UPDATE: the maze slate (as far as what properties we want to feature) is officially locked now...and if it all works out...OMG!
So..in other words;

original.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ that gif makes me want Saw back at hhn :( lol.. I know they kinda killed it having it twice in a row, but it was such an awesome maze and is my favorite horror movie. Sorry for going off topic haha.

So the slate is locked. Cool. I thought the line-up looked underwhelming last year, but after experiencing it, 2015 turned out to be one of my favorite years. I'm at the point where I'm not going to throw a fit about what we get or don't get. As long as the content is solid, bring it on. 

The first official Codename is; "Wisconsin"

~IP is Hollywood Exclusive

~Codename ties with the state the codename is based on and the film that's connected to the codename

~Highly requested house by the fans

~Film that's never been used in Horror Nights

~also has some original elements, a crazy idea John had that was inspired by something from the movie but not in the movie..

~Hes "Supercalifragipsyched" for this maze. He'll be going to go with it on Chris to discuss the conceptual ground plan.

~He'll be filming an original film production for it, somewhat promising that the ElCucuy wig will be returning for it..

So, that as of now; is the only hints that can be dug up, whether from Tweets/Replys or straight forward tweets.

That being said...and i'll have to look it up a bit more, but i'm leaning towards Krampus.

EDIT: I'll personally throw this, but it seems that one of the tweeted replys John made had it seems that this year will be the same for house count, Six.

^not sure about this code name being Krampus since its been featured at the event in the dark Christmas scare zone. Maybe Conjuring or Freddy vs. Jason?

^not sure about this code name being Krampus since its been featured at the event in the dark Christmas scare zone. Maybe Conjuring or Freddy vs. Jason?
I can't think that they would want to do it on those two, because at this point; it seems..expected. Sure, they are requested, but Krampus has since its release..been getting a really good amount.

As I said, it all matters on looking at it more, but I wouldn't imagine that they need to film anything for FVJ or The Conjuring that'd have Murdy popping in to play a role..although, that may just be me.

But true! :)

If we really are only getting 6 mazes again this year, I really hope that means we'll have more entertainment & whatnot. I know Academy of Villains want to come back again, so maybe they will be our castle theatre show. Too bad we can't do Slaughterworld or some cool nightmarish lagoon show in that venue.

Murdy seems to be making a big emphasis on this being fan service. What are films that people have been asking for?

Based on the initial hints, I'm leaning towards Jurassic World (hear me out).

A bunch of fans requested it last year, and Murdy said that he thinks it would be awesome, but it would be tough because of budget constraints. If the HoH replacement ends up being a year-round haunt, that would be separate from the HHN budget, which could open the door for more ambitious mazes (assuming the same amount of money from last year is making up the total budget for 5 mazes instead of 6). 

In the film, the boys are from Wisconsin, and there are a few minor references to it in the film. That would be the connection.

The crazy original content (which I believe is the ending, since he tweeted about an original ending a few days ago) could be a darker twist (like how he ended This is the End in Hell instead of Heaven. That being said, perhaps the maze wouldn't end with everyone being ok, but rather it escalates even more. 

For the cameo involving the El Cucuy wig, perhaps he could be shooting video footage as either a Jurassic World scientist or a news reporter covering the crazy events happening on the island.

If we're going to bring up the Jurassic World route... I will again say that the "budget" excuse for NOT being able to do a JP themed maze is totally bogus. You have to think outside of the box & be creative! I don't expect this particular maze to be JP themed, but for the sake of "IF"... I once again point to HHN Orlando 2002... "Project EVILution" (house) & "JP Extinction" (SZ).. half-human/half-dino hybrids are fun!.. and we sort've had a similar concept with Exterminatorz last year.

If this is a fan-service maze, that might be a little difficult to narrow down because there are quite a few IPs that fans have been wanting.

There were a lot of IPs that popped into my head initially, but the only 2 I could find with some sort of connection to Wisconsin were Jurassic World and Amityville Horror

There were a lot of IPs that popped into my head initially, but the only 2 I could find with some sort of connection to Wisconsin were Jurassic World and Amityville Horror
Amityville Horror seems a bit too..controversial. Hell; even more than Conjuring in a special way..and then Jurassic Park, that i'm not sure.

I would think that because of the overwhelming response to have Krampus for a house this year, and that the film was a major success in Box office, that Hollywood gets to test this IP as Orlando gets to use the original source-material and use the Urban Legend of Krampus.

Sure, its not shared, but it is similar in the wake of them both having the creature in different forms. Hollywood, film; Orlando, Urban Legend.

The first official Codename is; "Wisconsin"

~IP is Hollywood Exclusive

~Codename ties with the state the codename is based on and the film that's connected to the codename

~Highly requested house by the fans

~Film that's never been used in Horror Nights

~also has some original elements, a crazy idea John had that was inspired by something from the movie but not in the movie..

~Hes "Supercalifragipsyched" for this maze. He'll be going to go with it on Chris to discuss the conceptual ground plan.

~He'll be filming an original film production for it, somewhat promising that the ElCucuy wig will be returning for it..

So, that as of now; is the only hints that can be dug up, whether from Tweets/Replys or straight forward tweets.

That being said...and i'll have to look it up a bit more, but i'm leaning towards Krampus.

EDIT: I'll personally throw this, but it seems that one of the tweeted replys John made had it seems that this year will be the same for house count, Six.
Hmmm....this sounds like Freddy Vs. Jason to me. I could definitely see an original element being borrowed from that source that wasn't in the movie. That sounds like it would involve 91 pages of treatment.

Based on the initial hints, I'm leaning towards Jurassic World (hear me out).

A bunch of fans requested it last year, and Murdy said that he thinks it would be awesome, but it would be tough because of budget constraints. If the HoH replacement ends up being a year-round haunt, that would be separate from the HHN budget, which could open the door for more ambitious mazes (assuming the same amount of money from last year is making up the total budget for 5 mazes instead of 6). 

In the film, the boys are from Wisconsin, and there are a few minor references to it in the film. That would be the connection.

The crazy original content (which I believe is the ending, since he tweeted about an original ending a few days ago) could be a darker twist (like how he ended This is the End in Hell instead of Heaven. That being said, perhaps the maze wouldn't end with everyone being ok, but rather it escalates even more. 

For the cameo involving the El Cucuy wig, perhaps he could be shooting video footage as either a Jurassic World scientist or a news reporter covering the crazy events happening on the island.
Hmmm I posted "Jurassic World" in response to him on twitter.  That was before I went and looked at the forums here. I think i posted "the boys were from wisconsin", glad to see someone else picked up on that!

Also as a poster above mentioned about hybrids, if you want to do the hybrid route, Jurassic World is perfect for that.

I'm definitely thinking Freddy vs. Jason as well. I could see Murdy working in his own scenes that weren't in the film like mentioned by Freak, much like Orlando used scenes from Dream Warriors for their maze.