Hi all from newbie | Inside Universal Forums

Hi all from newbie

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 6, 2018
Been a Disney fan forever but this year my husband insisted no Disney. Going to universal, SeaWorld and Discovery Cove. Have never been and looking for tips, secrets and ideas. Going in August(I know hottest month) but have daughter in elementary school also hubby and daughter are big Harry Potter fans. Thanks for the add

Been a Disney fan forever but this year my husband insisted no Disney. Going to universal, SeaWorld and Discovery Cove. Have never been and looking for tips, secrets and ideas. Going in August(I know hottest month) but have daughter in elementary school also hubby and daughter are big Harry Potter fans. Thanks for the add
Welcome aboard.

If you are staying on property with universal definitely make use of the early entry. Only a couple of rides are open but when you're done you have a head start on the crowds inside the park. Make sure you check in advance which park has early entry.

Ride the Hogwarts Express Kings Cross early in the day. The lines get much longer later on.

Use the park app to book virtual queue passes early in the day for the busiest and hottest part of the day. You will be glad you did.

For counter-service the Thunder Falls Terrace and Monsters Cafe both have great food and atmosphere. Definitely try Mythos at least once but make your reservations early.

Have fun!

Stay in a Universal on site hotel. It makes a major difference in the "entire vacation experience". I can't overly stress that.and... Universal hotels are significantly better than Disney hotels in regard to quality for the cost......Welcome to the Forum....Orlando Informer & Touring Plans also have good tips and plans for the first time vacation Universal traveler....or pick up a copy of The Unofficial Guide to Universal by our forum contributor, & Touring Plans staff member, Seth Kubersky. It's the ultimate in Universal planning info, and has great tips throughout the book. I used it on my first trip to Universal years ago, and it's definitely the ultimate guide. It's updated every year.

Last edited:

Welcome!

Reactions: Kathyfog
Thank you all so much for being so welcoming and giving helpful advice. I will probably get the tour book when I go out to the book store. So excited to plan this vacation. We are staying on property and kinda excited about that too. Thanks again and Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms out there