Hi everyone! ! Just introducing my self | Inside Universal Forums

Hi everyone! ! Just introducing my self

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 26, 2014
I am a Disney/Universal nut!! I used to live in Fl.& went at least once a month! I haven't been to US since 1998 & will be there for the week of July 5-13th.... To say I'm excited is a serious understatement! Our 10 yr. Old Son is going for the first time! I have one , well 2 questions. 1. How long is the wait for Harry Potter now a days? 2. What attractions should we skip/absolutely to to???? Thanks

Welcome to the site!!!
The wait for forbidden journey is slowly going lower but I'd expect a 90-60 minute wait.

As for must dos and donts, I'll let the others add those. They have the list so down pat that they practically have it saved in their brains (manhamanha I'm looking at you)

But anyways have an awesome trip :thumbs:

I am a Disney/Universal nut!! I used to live in Fl.& went at least once a month! I haven't been to US since 1998 & will be there for the week of July 5-13th.... To say I'm excited is a serious understatement! Our 10 yr. Old Son is going for the first time! I have one , well 2 questions. 1. How long is the wait for Harry Potter now a days? 2. What attractions should we skip/absolutely to to???? Thanks

How tall/brave is your son? When it comes to Universal and IOA, you should do all the big ones... some of them more than once. You should also do the shops even if you are not buying anything. Walk into the restaurants even and look around no matter how busy they are.

But you said attractions, which means rides, which may mean you aren't interested in the incredible design and execution of everything else...

Welcome to the site!!!
The wait for forbidden journey is slowly going lower but I'd expect a 90-60 minute wait.

As for must dos and donts, I'll let the others add those. They have the list so down pat that they practically have it saved in their brains (manhamanha I'm looking at you)

But anyways have an awesome trip :thumbs:

Thank you for replying=》

- - - Updated - - -

My Son is a little over 4 ft. He went on the Aerosmith ride ( we didn't know it was a looping roller coaster) after the first time, he was hooked!! I don't think he is ready for the Hulk yet.... ( insert sad face here). I guess we will have to play it by ear!.. Thank you for responding=》

Thank you for replying=》

- - - Updated - - -

My Son is a little over 4 ft. He went on the Aerosmith ride ( we didn't know it was a looping roller coaster) after the first time, he was hooked!! I don't think he is ready for the Hulk yet.... ( insert sad face here). I guess we will have to play it by ear!.. Thank you for responding=》
My pleasure, also if your son can take RnRC, he can probably go on pretty much everything besides the big rollercoasters (could probably do those too)

Welcome to the party.

If your son can handle RnRC I'd say he is probably fine with everything but maybe Rock It and maybe Mummy if he isn't ok with scary things. The Hulk's speed burst is less intense than RnRC you just happen to go upside down right afterwards. I took a friend a few years ago (42) and he is terrified of Roller Coasters and heights, I managed to con him into going on everything except Rock It because the lift hill made him wet himself just looking at it.

Thank you all for the welcomes & replies! ! My son saw pictures of Hulk & he was like... oh HECK no!!!! But that's also what he said about ASRC the first time too!! We leave a week from today & we just can't wait, we wish we could leave tomorrow! !!!

Thank you all for the welcomes & replies! ! My son saw pictures of Hulk & he was like... oh HECK no!!!! But that's also what he said about ASRC the first time too!! We leave a week from today & we just can't wait, we wish we could leave tomorrow! !!!

I know the feeling, since you'll have a day at both parks my best advice to you is to take your time and enjoy everything. No need to rush from ride to ride especially if you have express. BTW here are my personal picks for both parks

IOA
-forbidden journey
-Spider-Man (favorite)
-ripsaw falls
-Popeye
-river adventure
-cat in the hat

USF
-despicable me
-mummy
-T23D
-transformers
-horror make up show
-MIB
-Simpsons
-ET (favorite)
Don't miss out on these but don't miss out on anything else :thumbs:

Does anyone have an opinion on the Fear Factor show? I've read about it but haven't heard from a real person if it's worth seeing or not.;)

:welcome: to OU! Hope you're having a fantastic trip right now! Don't forget to come back and tell us how everything went! We love reviews and pics! :thumbs: