Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Some attractions folks are doing training classes for/about it, evidently. Not sure how extensive it will be in terms of whole ride crews or just trainers/leads, but I know supervisors/managers have already done them and hourly TMs are scheduled for them.

So the steel cage could be either the walkway underneath to the sound stages (Silent Hill entrance, Gothic/Dead End exit area), or (and I think more likely) work on the firehouse facade. Evidently they've been wanting to work on that a bit with some wood coming off in the structure. Also, expect Universal's Q-Bot implementation to make its way over from IOA to USF soon, specifically Rockit.

From today,

IMG_8095.jpg

I'm kind of late with this, but I didn't see it mentioned on this thread and it might be interesting to see if they do anything about it... I was at Uni this past Saturday (10th) and they had to stop Rockit and evacuate a car above Twister, right before the drop where you go through the building. I asked a couple of team members and apparently someone threw something at the coaster from the fence by BMG / Uni front.

This was a problem with Dragons, and now seeing this... :doh:... I wish people would stop being so stupid. I really don't want them covering the fence because seeing Rockit run there, especially at night, is kinda cool.

So, I went to the Studios yesterday afternoon. After watching the Macy's parade, around 9pm, my brother and I decided to ride Rockit. Around 9:15ish - 9:20ish they started announcing technical issues. They kept playing the announcement every few minutes, but we were hoping it would resume operations soon... Well, eventually enough people left the queue that we were right by the stairs. We saw them evac people; they brought them down the stairs, and they even evac'd people from the vehicles right before the loading station, which I don't understand why they wouldn't pull those vehicles into the station and evac the people there :shrug: Anyways, it was around 9:40pm and there were only about 20-30 people in line when they finally called that they were closing the ride for the night because of the extended period expected before the ride could resume operation... Bummer... And a waste of 40 minutes, but my brother really wanted to ride it... After that we just headed back over to IoA.

So, I went to the Studios yesterday afternoon...

I was at the Wal-mart on Kirkman about six months ago, and a team lead from Rock-it was buying a cake (still had her uniform on).

"Congratulations on no (code for break-downs)'s this week!"

Summed up the ride's well known mechanical issues pretty well.

I was at the Wal-mart on Kirkman about six months ago, and a team lead from Rock-it was buying a cake (still had her uniform on).

"Congratulations on no (code for break-downs)'s this week!"

Summed up the ride's well known mechanical issues pretty well.

Love the humor and the lead just trying to be positive with his or her team!

So sad... And as bad as it is for the guests, it must be so demoralizing for the TMs too... Having to deal with all the issues, plus receive the complaints and negativity from the guests, for issues that they are technically not responsible for :-S

Why do they have all these breakdowns though? What exactly is wrong with the ride that it shuts down so often?

Why do they have all these breakdowns though? What exactly is wrong with the ride that it shuts down so often?

There's a ton of rumors around Orlando/Universal Team Members, such as the ride is "missing a piece and was adjusted accordingly", or "the lead designer killed himself when the ride was almost complete". Both of which as bunk, the real reason is that it's Mauer-Sohn's largest coaster built with the x-car type, and frankly the x-car isn't great when put on a coaster this large.

There's a ton of rumors around Orlando/Universal Team Members, such as the ride is "missing a piece and was adjusted accordingly", or "the lead designer killed himself when the ride was almost complete". Both of which as bunk, the real reason is that it's Mauer-Sohn's largest coaster built with the x-car type, and frankly the x-car isn't great when put on a coaster this large.

I seem to remember a rumor they were looking at different cars for this .did anything ever come of it?

Not yet. I'm not sure if Premier is still working with them on the coaster or if they gave it up. I know some of the recent car refurbs were split between Mauer-Sohne and someone stateside, which I would assume was Premier. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Gotta wait until Transformers and Sprinfield opens before we go closing down rides for a couple of weeks :thumbs:

First they gotta figure out a way to make the wheels last longer than a month :thumbs:

I would love for them to add the LED lights to the actual wheels I saw someone was developing a while back

The lights on the cars are definitely one of my favorite features. I wish they would add LEDs to the other outdoor coasters in the resort. It'd make Hulk & Dragons look so much better, don't you guys think?

First they gotta figure out a way to make the wheels last longer than a month :thumbs:
HTF, hit the nail on the head. The REAL problem with HRRR is the torque that the trains go through on the "inverted loop". That torque is causing uneven wear on the neoprene wheels. That uneven wear is causing undo vibration to the trains. That vibration is causing all the problems they are experiencing with this attraction.