Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 219 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can't believe how many people are bashing this coaster! It's a great ride and yeah it does have some down time, they can fix that. They built this coaster in 2009! It's not leaving just because it has some issues to work out.

Surprised no one mentioned today's brief downtime to replace a brake pad or two, as it made the local news, again. :lol:

Last night's incident is now even more of a non-issue after finding out the cause(s). Of course, by the time they would have evaced just the train on block 1 (including the time to debate what they wanted to do after evacing it), they would be running up against the time they set for downtimes until they evac all RVs anyway.

I too really like it. I even like the way it looks. AND I don't care that it goes into the NYC set. I like the kinetic energy it brings to the park. And I am particularly glad that it's NOT a B&M. Orlando is already B&M heavy.
But I do wish they would update the music choices.

I agree with everything said here.
I like the secret tracks on it too... I've gotta have my janes addiction playing when I ride it.

This sort of thing happens.. It happened a few weeks ago at knotts berry farm with people being stuck so long they peed themselves! I know rockit is kinda the ginger haired stepson of rides to a lot of people but it's not that bad!

Last edited:
I've only ridden this coaster once, and loved it. I was kinda surprised I liked it after all the negativity on this board.

I really am the only one who really likes this coaster :lol: For me its probably the funnest coaster ride in the Universal Parks and has slowly climbed the ladder and is surpassing the Hulk as my favorite one on property.

Same here... I rode it for the first time in summer. 4 times and we had a blast. We loved it and we thought that is was one of the best coasters around too :sneaky:

Indeed. It's had plenty of problems. There again, I went on The Smiler finally last weekend after 7 months of trying.

What I'm trying to say is if someone finds it unattractive this isn't reason to remove it. But also someone who likes it doesn't have a valid reason to keep it. Personally I do hope it stays. Just without the rough ride. And bits falling off. And dodgy track sections. And evac issues. And sensor problems.

You could actually be talking about the Smiler there, not HRRR! LOL

Does anyone know why the songs have not been updated? I just wonder if its a system or licensing issue.

From what I heard it should be pretty easy actually changing the songs, I believe it is the bother of actually licensing different stuff.

Even though that lift ALWAYS makes me feel nervous and unsafe, this coaster always throws me for a loop(pun intended) It's always exciting and "Kick start my heart" blaring in my ear makes the experience even better. Everyone I know loves this coaster. And I don't think some of you realize how popular it is with guests. Now what happened recently is a little unsettling and I'm not going to lie, I went to HHN last night and I didn't want to ride it for that reason. But that's just because I didn't want my night ruined. And almost every other time I go Universal this coaster is well worth the nervous feeling I get from the lift. Another thing I noticed was with the lights on the cars this coaster looks pretty awesome at night! It also actually fits pretty well behind the music stage. And I never get that rough feeling from this coaster like some of you say.

Last edited:
Indeed. It's had plenty of problems. There again, I went on The Smiler finally last weekend after 7 months of trying.

What I'm trying to say is if someone finds it unattractive this isn't reason to remove it. But also someone who likes it doesn't have a valid reason to keep it. Personally I do hope it stays. Just without the rough ride. And bits falling off. And dodgy track sections. And evac issues. And sensor problems.

You could actually be talking about the Smiler there, not HRRR! LOL

The Smiler is relatively new and still going through growing pains. The HRRR should be finished with that stage of it's life by now. :shrug:

All coasters have their different ways. I think if they work a little more through the ride, they'll eventually find the core of the problem. And I agree, it truly is a great ride.

I got banged around plenty on this ride, but that's fairly common with roller coasters. This was my bf's favorite coaster and I think we rode it close to two dozen times over our weekend at the park.

Talking about roller coaster issues, I've been hearing all about Smiler's issues and don't even get me started on the Deja Vu coasters that Six Flags installed in 3 parks and had to sell 2 of them for a loss 6 years later because of all the issues they encountered.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I couldn't find another general HRRR thread. I bumped it because I wanted to ask; is it true that the ride's throughput is 1850pph? Because both times I've ridden (August 2014 and August 2016), it hasn't seemed that way because the queue moved really, really slowly. I'm not sure why that could be, because Nemesis and Oblivion at Alton Towers have lower throughputs of 1400pph and 1700pph, respectively, and their queues move far quicker on an average day. I appreciate that Alton Towers is in a completely different league in terms of visitor numbers to Universal, but I'm still confused. Is it a case of the ride not being run at it's full throughput or something?

Reactions: tankart150